Categories > Books > Animorphs > The Progression

CHAPTER 10

by Quillian 0 reviews

The return of Esplin 9466 (a.k.a. Visser Three/One), and our first glimpse at "The One"...

Category: Animorphs - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Esplin 9466, Other - Published: 2005-12-28 - Updated: 2005-12-28 - 2067 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.

A/N: Here, I set the stage for future stories, showing the old villain in a new form - so to speak...

Also, I have The Transformers: The Movie on DVD, and this was kind of inspired by that scene where Megatron and Unicron first meet. In fact, I guess this chapter can be considered a sort of tribute to that scene. (Imagines The One with a voice like Orson Welles.) Hmmm... :-)


This chapter is dedicated to Sinister Shadow, for being such a loyal and enthusiastic reviewer!


CHAPTER 10

Esplin 9466

My name is Esplin Nine-Four-Double-Six.

I am a Yeerk, and for the majority of my career, I was Visser Three. Before the Yeerk Empire's humiliating defeat at that planet called Earth, I had even ascended to the rank of Visser One.

And then I ended up in a maximum security prison facility, built just for me by Earth's numerous inhabits.

Humans...

Damn them. Damn the Animorphs, damn Elfangor, damn Aximili, damn Alloran too... damn just about everyone the Yeerk Empire has ever fought with, come to think of it.

I've been fighting and slaughtering those hypocritical, arrogant Andalites for years and years, only to get bedeviled in the end by some young Gedd look-alikes? How ultimately humiliating. Filthy, crazy humans. Good as hosts, sure, but probably not to be best left on their own.

And now, someone - or maybe even something - had broken me out of my own private prison.

Hm, so maybe someone in the galaxy still does like me after all. Rather surprising, I must admit, since I was not exactly known for being a popular Yeerk warlord. Better to be feared than loved, after all.

Here I was, swimming in a small tank under a portable Kandrona, and all of a sudden, a neural probe jabbed me, and I was connected to something larger...

**

The awesome thought-speak voice seemed to resonate among every atom, every molecule of my being.



**



**

I repeated with what I hoped sounded like innocent curiosity.

An image filled my head: I could "see" a private sanctum of steel and other precious metals, at the center of which was a floating column of what looked like liquid light, and in its presence was me, in the tank.

* The One - sorry, Setheon - said as the image faded. *

I said, doing my best not to appear as a coward.

**

I replied evenly.

**

Hatred surged through me.

* Setheon said with a trace of amusement in his voice. *

I said, "kissing up" to him, as humans would say. But then a thought occurred to me.

**

I replied, with full, undivided attention.

**



**

I said with complete honesty.

**

Oh, I liked the sound of that. Unfortunately, I nearly blew it all by shooting my palps off.

I repeated incredulously.

Me and my big palps...

From Setheon, I could feel a small wave of... disappointment? I felt a small tremor underneath the tank which I was situated in, and then Setheon added, **

The water I was in started getting hotter and hotter - I was being boiled alive!



I felt the boiling cease and the water being cooled back down, and a wave of relief seemed to wash over me. My pleading for mercy had worked after all.

Sign up to rate and review this story