Categories > Books > Animorphs > The Progression

CHAPTER 19

by Quillian 0 reviews

Just a short something from Marco's POV...

Category: Animorphs - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Marco - Published: 2005-12-28 - Updated: 2005-12-28 - 396 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.

A/N: I think it's time to do something again from Marco's POV...



CHAPTER 19

Marco

Don't think for a moment that I wanted to go to war again.

However, I did realize that if things got bad enough here on Earth, or if Earth was even destroyed altogether, that would be the end of my lifestyle.

Allow me to kill a certain perception right now: Just because I am wealthy and I like being wealthy, that doesn't mean I'm some rich, arrogant snob who would rather jump off a building than I have to live without all that wealth.

(Oh, and here's an interesting fact I learned from some of the financial people whom I worked with: The thing with people jumping off of buildings after losing their fortunes during the Great Depression was greatly over exaggerated. Sure, a few people had done so because they had become so addicted to, but that didn't mean that people kept falling from the sky all the time. If that were true, then people walking by dead bodies on the streets would have been casually saying things like, "Oh look, another guy who jumped from a building..." But anyway, now I'm digressing.)

Of course, another thing I had learned from these financial people was that wartime economies tend to make more money. When you think about it, you realize that that's true. When it would eventually be announced that we would be going to war, I would contribute by doing wartime advertisements.

Yup, with my doing wartime advertisements, "The One" and his followers wouldn't stand a chance.

Ha ha, Mr. One. Ha ha.

Just like Cassie, I would be better playing to my strengths off the field of battle. However, unlike Cassie, I had a different way of helping.

And if The One was as big and bad as the Kelbrid all claimed he was, then we would all need to do what we were best at.



TBC...

A/N: So, how was this chapter, as short as it was?

Note about the thing with suicides during the Great Depression being greatly over exaggerated: This is true. You know, just in case there were any doubts about it.

Next chapter will most likely be the penultimate (second-to-last) chapter, with something from Jake's perspective again, and also something from Marco's perspective, if I can manage it... -Quillian


Sign up to rate and review this story