Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 10: Another Daddy Visits

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

More time with Patrick...and someone else

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-08-29 - Updated: 2007-08-30 - 3016 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 10: Another Daddy Visits

The next morning Patrick walked out to the living room. Destiny was up with Andrew. "Good morning." "Hi Patrick. I hope we didn't wake you." "No, not at all. How is the little guy?" "Good. He just finished eating." "Can I hold him?" "Sure." Destiny handed Andrew over to Patrick. Destiny looked at father and son. She was surprised Patrick didn't notice how much Andrew looked like him. "Can you watch him so I can take a shower?" Destiny asked. "Sure thing. I'd love to." "There are diapers and wipes out here and bottles in the kitchen. He should be good though." "Okay. We'll be fine, won't we Andrew?" Destiny smiled and went to the bathroom.

After she was dressed she went to the living room. Patrick was rocking Andrew. She wanted to tell him. All of a sudden the doorbell rang. Patrick was about to get up. "I'll get it, Patrick." She went to the door and opened it. "Josh! What are you doing here?" "They let me come home for a week. I wanted to surprise you." She hugged him. "I'm so happy to see you. Everyone is here. Well, right now just Patrick and Becca." Josh came in and set his bags down. "Let me show you Andrew."

Destiny and Josh walked to the living room. Josh seen Patrick holding Andrew. I guess he's already taken my place he thought. "Oh hey, Josh. You have a beautiful boy here." Patrick got up and placed Andrew in Josh's arms. He sat down on the couch. "Hey little one. Daddy's home." Destiny looked at Josh and then to Patrick. She was so confused. Patrick walked to the bedroom to see if Becca was up. "So what do you think?" Destiny asked. "He's beautiful. How doesn't Patrick see it?" "I don't know. I want to keep it that way. You mom already suspects something. I don't want him to find out." "Find out what?" "Patrick. Um," She looked at Josh for some help. Josh handed Andrew to Destiny. "I told Destiny that I cheated on her. She just didn't want you to feel out of place while you are here." "What? You son of a bitch." Patrick hit Josh. "Stop it. Patrick, please don't do this. Becca!"

Destiny put down Andrew and tried to pull off Patrick. "Patrick, stop. We talked about it. It just happened one time. I forgave him. Now stop it and cool off." He went to the bedroom. She bent down to Josh. "Why did you say that?" "Was the only thing I could think of." "Come on. Let's get you cleaned up." They went to the bathroom and Josh sat on the toilet while Destiny washed his face and put some medicine on the cuts. He grabbed her hand. "What is it?" "I really missed you." "I did too." "Did you?" "Of course. I wouldn't lie to you." She kissed him. "Destiny, what's going on?" "I kissed you." "I know, but I thought we were going to keep it just friendship." "Things change. I want to be a real husband and wife." "Really?" "Yes, I want to be happy and I want you to be happy." "I love you, Destiny. I always did." Andrew started crying. "Let me get him." "Alright. I'm going to talk to Patrick."

Destiny knocked on the bedroom door. "Hi Becca. How are you?" "Good. Can I take a shower?" "Sure. The towels are in the closet at the end of the hall." She left the room. Patrick was looking out the window. "How can you forgive him?" "How could you forgive me?" "Because you are my best friend and I can't live without you." He turned around. He had tears in his eyes. "I just don't want to see you hurt." He hugged her. "Oh, Patty. I won't get hurt. Everything is fine now." "You sure." "Yes. Please don't fight Josh anymore." "I'll try not to. For your sake and Andrew's." He let her go. "I'm going to meet Pete for coffee and I think Tina wants to do the same with you." "What about Becca?" "She's going to do some shopping." "Okay, actually that will be good. Josh can have some alone time with Andrew."

They both walked to the living room and Destiny told Josh she was getting together with Tina. A hour later Tina and Pete came to the house. Becca had already left. "Hey guys." Destiny said. "Pete, let's go." Patrick said. "Hey, what happened to your eye?" "Nothing. I want to go." "Can I say hi to Josh?" "Yeah, I guess." Pete went to talk to Josh. "Let me say goodbye. I'll be right with you, Tina." Destiny left Patrick and Tina by the door. "How are you doing, Patrick?" "Okay. Just want to get out of here for a little bit." "What's wrong?" "Um, nothing. Tell Pete I'm in the car." Patrick left and slammed the door. "What's with him?" Pete said. "I have no idea. I just asked him how he was doing, he said he wanted to get out of here." "I'll get it out of him. Talk to Destiny." "I will, sweetie. Have a good time." Tina kissed Pete.

Tina went to the living room. "Hi Josh. Glad to see you home. Ready, Destiny?" "Yeah. I'll see you later. If you need anything, call me." "We'll be fine. Won't we little guy? See he said we will." "Okay. Bye." She kissed Andrew and Josh. Destiny and Tina walked to the car. "Where do you want to go?" Destiny asked. "Why don't we go to 'Babies R' Us first. I want to get Andrew some things. And then Starbucks." "Okay. I need to get some diapers anyway." Destiny drove to the store. They did some shopping and then went to Starbucks.

They got their coffee's and sat down. "How are things going with Patrick?" "Alright. Something happened this morning though." "I'm guessing because of Josh." "A little bit. Josh and I were talking about Andrew being Patrick's and he came in the living room. He wanted to know what he shouldn't find out. Josh told him that he cheated on me. Patrick got upset and hit Josh. It's just turning into a big mess." "Destiny, you need to tell him. He can't go on without knowing." "I can't. He told me he couldn't do what I do. He couldn't be a father." "Destiny, I have to tell you something. You are going to be mad." "What?" "I told Pete." "What? How could you? He's going to tell Patrick." "No, he promised he wouldn't." "And when have you known Pete to keep a secret. He can't." "He will. He wanted me to tell you that you need to tell Patrick."

"Tina, I can't. You have to talk to Pete. I don't want Patrick to drop his music career for Andrew and I. It means so much to him. If he did, he would regret not pursuing it. He would look at Andrew and I knowing he could of had his dream. Do you understand?" "Unfortunately, I do. I'm sorry, Destiny. I wish things would be different. You two belong with each other." "He doesn't love me anymore. He has Becca." "Destiny, he lied to you. Pete told me that Patrick never stops talking about you." "Really? As much as I want him to love me, he needs to move on. I realize that now." "Oh sweetie, I'm sorry." Tina hugged Destiny.

~Across Town at a Café~

"What's wrong, Patrick? You haven't said two words since we left Destiny's." "He cheated on her." "What?" "Josh. He cheated on my girl." "She's not your girl anymore. How do you know?" "I heard them talking. I asked her what she didn't want me to find out. He told me." "Is that where your black eye came from?" "Yeah. She's going to stay with him. Is she nuts? He's going to do it again. She'll get hurt." "Trick, you need to move on. She has his baby and they are married." "Did you get a real good look at Andrew? He really doesn't look like Josh. Maybe that's a good thing. That bastard. I still want to punch him." "Yeah, I noticed. Patrick, there's something I need to tell you." "What?" Patrick was taking a drink of coffee.

"Um, I don't know how to tell you this." Patrick's phone went off. "Be right back. It's Becca." He got up. "This is Patrick." He walked outside. "Damn." Pete said. His phone went off. "Hello?" "Baby, I tried talking to her. She's not going to tell him." "Well, I am." "No, please Pete. You know Patrick would quit the band. He would always regret that. Please Pete." "Fuck, I know your right. Alright. I will for you. I still don't think it's right." "Thank you. I'll see you later. Love you." "Love you too."

Patrick came back. "So what were you going to tell me?" "Uh, nothing. Never mind." "You sure?" "Yeah. Is everything alright with Becca?" "Yeah, she wanted to buy some jeans and didn't have enough money after all the other shit she bought. I told her no. I'm done being broke because of her spending habits." "Do you love her?" "I don't know. I know I sure don't love her like Destiny." "I know, Patrick. Things will work out for you." "Yeah, sure. Anyway, lets get on a different subject." They talked for another half hour and went back to the house.

~5 days later~

Becca had gone to bed and Josh, Patrick, and Destiny were watching a movie. "Well guys, I'm going to bed. I need to do some things early at the office. Thanks for visiting Patrick. Have a safe trip." "Thanks. We will. Stay safe in Iraq." "Thanks." Josh went to the bedroom. Destiny and Patrick were sitting on the couch. "The time has gone so fast, Patty. I'm going to miss you." "I'm going to miss you too. And Andrew. He's such a cutie." "Thanks. Just like his daddy." She couldn't believe she said that. It just came out. "You think he looks like Josh? I see mostly just you." "Yeah, I see myself in him." "If you ever need anything you just call me. I'll be here in a minute." "Thank you, Patrick. You mean the world to me." Patrick leaned over and kissed her. Destiny wrapped her arms around him. She fell back on the couch. Patrick trailed kisses down her neck. "I want you Dest. I have missed you. I want you back and I know I can't have you back." She felt Patrick's tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I screwed things up for us." She hugged him. They laid there wrapped in each other arms. They fell asleep. Destiny woke up. She looked at the clock on the DVD player. AM. She looked down at Patrick. Andrew looked just like him when he slept. She took off his hat and ran her fingers through his hair.

"I love you Patrick Stump. Don't you ever forget it." She placed her hand on his cheek. "Patrick, Patrick honey. Wake up." "No, I want to stay right where I am." "As much as I would love that, I'm sure Becca wouldn't. And I know Josh wouldn't either." Patrick got up. "Alright. Come on. Let's get you to bed." He took her hand. They walked to her room. "You have a good night and I'll see you in the morning." Patrick kissed her and walked to his room. She went inside her room. She undressed and got into pajama pants and a tank top. She climbed into bed.

"Enjoy fucking Patrick." She turned around. "What?" "You heard me." "Josh, I'm not going to talk about this." "You bitch. You slept with him." She got out of bed. "I'm sleeping on the couch." Josh got up. "No, you are going to tell me what happened." He put his hand on the door. " What is wrong with you? You never acted like this. You knew I loved Patrick. I still do. He is the father of my child." Josh slapped her hard that she fell to the ground. "Don't ever say that. He's mine. Andrew is my child. If you ever tell him, I will file for custody and you will never see that boy again." She got up. "What happened to you? You aren't the Josh that I went to school with." "Screw you. There is nothing wrong with me. You are the one sleeping with your ex. Did you enjoy it? You never gave me an answer." "Stop it." He slapped her again and again. There was a knock on the door.

"Destiny, Josh. Andrew is crying. Is everything alright?" "Don't you dare tell him about this. If you do, I will take away everything you hold dear including Patrick." Destiny sat in the corner crying. "Everything is fine Patrick. I'll get him." Josh left the room. Destiny went into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom. She closed and locked the door. She looked in the mirror. She looked awful. She got a wash cloth and ran it under water and put it on her face. "What am I going to do? What happened to Josh?" She left the bathroom and got in bed. Josh wasn't back yet. She fell asleep before he came back.

The next morning Destiny got up and noticed Josh was already gone. She got dressed and put on makeup to cover up the marks on her face. She couldn't believe this was happening after all she went through with her dad. The good thing was Josh would be leaving soon. She got Andrew and fed him. "Hi Destiny. How are you?" "Alright. Sorry we didn't hear Andrew last night. I guess Josh and I were both tired." "Dest, are you sure you are fine. Your face looks puffy." "I'm fine. Honest." "Okay. Tina and Pete will be here in a little bit. You remember what I told you. If you ever need anything, call me." "I will. Thank you, Patty."

She set Andrew in the bassinet and sat down in the rocking chair. She didn't know when she would see Patrick next. "Destiny, I was wondering if I could take a picture of you and Patrick and the baby." Becca said. "Um, sure." Destiny got up and got Andrew. "Patrick, get out here. I want to take your picture. I swear that boy doesn't like his picture taken." Destiny laughed. "He never has. Becca, before he comes I want to tell you something." "Sure." "I let him go and regret it with all my heart. Don't ever let him go. You have a special guy there. He doesn't realize how special he is. He needs to know he is. Believe in him and tell him." "I will, Destiny. Thank you for letting me stay. I enjoyed being here. Maybe we will come again soon." "I would like that." "Okay, I'm ready." "How about on the couch?" Destiny sat down and put Andrew in the middle of her and Patrick. "Patty, take the hat off." Destiny said. "No." Destiny reached over and grabbed his hat and threw it on the chair. "There. Take the picture, Becca."

"You'll pay." Patrick said. Destiny smiled at him. Look here you two. Destiny smiled and Patrick took a hold of Andrew's hand and his other arm around Destiny. Becca took a couple pictures. "All done. I'll send you the pictures when I download them in a few days." "Thank you." There was a knock on the door. "That must be Pete and Tina." Destiny said. They came in for a little bit and then Patrick and Pete put Becca and Patrick's bags in the car. "Destiny, take care of yourself. I worry about you." "I know you do, Tina. I will be fine." Tina hugged Destiny. "Hey, I hope you're not mad at Tina for telling me." "No, just don't tell him. Please Pete." "I won't, but I know this will end badly. That boy is going to look like a miniature Patrick." "I know." She smiled.

Pete wiped her tears. "Destiny, what happened to you?" "Nothing. Why?" "Your cheek is all red and you have a bruise." "It's nothing. I ran into the wall last night when Andrew was crying. I wasn't watching where I was going." "Bullshit. Is he beating you?" "It just happened last night. I'm sure it won't happen again. He's under a lot of stress with the war and everything." "It's not an excuse. I'm telling Patrick." Destiny grabbed Pete's arm. "No, please. You can't. You know what he'll do. I can't have that." "Dammit Destiny. You want me to keep things from my best friend. I don't know if I can." "Just try." "If you need anything, anything at all call one of us. I don't want you hurt." "I'll be fine."

Destiny and Becca hugged. Everyone was in the car. "You take care of yourself. And this little guy. And you, buddy take care of your mom. She's going to need help when your daddy leaves." She smiled at Patrick. They hugged and he kissed her on the cheek. "I love you, Destiny. I always will. I'll let you know when we get home." "Thanks. Keep me posted with the band." "I will. Bye." He waved and got in the car. Destiny watched it go down the street and out of view. "Well, that was your daddy. What do you think?" Andrew got a smile on his face. "I know the feeling." She went back in the house and put Andrew down for his nap.

She took the sheets from the guest room and put them in the wash. She went back to the room and sat on the bed. She noticed a shirt in the corner. "He would lose his head if it wasn't attached." She picked it up and smelled it. Just like she remembered. Destiny laid down and cried. She missed him already.
Sign up to rate and review this story