Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Temari vs. The Earth Ninja

by Shank 0 reviews

The last fight for the Chuunin exams. Temari is up against a ninja from the hidden rock village. Her enemy is strong, can she win? And will the genins from the sand and leaf pass the exams?

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Temari - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-08-30 - Updated: 2007-08-30 - 853 words - Complete

0Unrated
Temari stepped onto the battlefield as the last competitor in the Chuunin exams. She was fighting against a ninja from the hidden rock village and both her brothers had won their fights. She had her fan ready beside her and she could hear the spectators studying it, wondering how she could use such an item in combat.
Her opponent stepped onto the battlefield, a male carrying his own weapon. He had no right arm; it was replaced with a huge contraption on his arm that was quite intimidating. It had a long tube, obviously to fire some kind of projectile and on the bottom was a section joined on as if it was a lower part of a jaw. The section had teeth along the rims but from what Temari could tell, this thing wasn’t alive and was possibly like this for appearance rather than anything else. The referee began the match and both fighters remained where they were, both being of long distance fighting types.
The opponent was the first to make a move; he stuck his weaponised arm into the ground and kept it there. Temari wasn’t going to give him a chance to set for any attacks and swiped her fan to get things started. The ninja was able to hide his whole body behind his weapon which was embedded in the ground and Temari used this as a chance to get in close.
The ninja was onto her plan though and lifted his weapon out of the ground and aimed it at Temari. She stopped and retreated and had to avoid the shotting dirt and mud which came flying towards her at a dangerous speed. If this hit her she would be out in one go. She jumped out of the way easily avoiding it but gave an opening to her enemy to fire at her again while she was airborne. She had no choice but to get her fan out and swipe it at the projectile. The strength of her wind was powerful and enough to slow it down and make it lose some of its power, but not enough to stop it. The dirt mud ball hit her and splattered in her eyes, which she quickly wiped off. “I thought that fan was for wind techniques. A shame it isn’t strong enough to stop my earth bullets.” Temari kept her cool; she wasn’t going to lose to this amateur as she had already been in some troubling situations even as a genin.
She used her cutting whirlwind technique to get things started and noticed something. The ninja was able to shoot a wall of mud a short distance in front of him to absorb a lot of the damage done from her technique, but it was only up for a few seconds and even still, had trouble with defending the ninja from all directions.
Once again, he stuck his contraption into the ground and Temari readied herself for dodging the technique. What happened was unexpected, the ground beneath her began to rumble and she hardly made it out of the way in time for earth and mud to come exploding out of the ground. While she was in the air, the enemy ninja fired off a small but quick shot taking her down.
Unfortunately for her, she didn’t get as much rest as what she would have liked as the enemy was filling up his weapon with more earth to fire at her. He was obviously bad at taijustu and probably ninjustu as he didn’t really use any techniques, just his weapons.
Temari had an idea to get this fight back into her advantage. She began with slowing the enemy down with another cutting wind technique, but had more force to it. Then she used her summoning which was able to get in at a good angle and was far too quick for the ninja to be ready for. He had no option but to draw himself away from his weapon to reveal he had no arm but this was not going to stop Temari. She got in at an angle that he could only have stopped if he had both his arms and got a good kick in before blowing him away with her extreme cutting wind technique-leaving her victorious.
The participants in the Chuunin exams left the Hidden Rain Village to head back home. The ninjas from Konoha all travelled together, as did the siblings from the Hidden Sand Village. All the new Chuunins were happy they had succeeded in gaining a level as ninjas but new the road didn’t stop here and if they were good enough, they could become a jounin. This wasn’t a priority for all of them, what was though, was the thought of Uchiha Sasuke becoming powerful under Orochimaru and Uzumaki Naruto training under Jiraiya. Every single one of them wanted to show both of them they had bettered themselves and were competent as ninjas.
They were the ninjas from the great shinobi nations and at this tournament, they had proved why.
Sign up to rate and review this story