Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Hyuuga Neji vs. A Familiar Foe

by Shank 0 reviews

The Chuunin exams continue and its Neji's time to fight. The last of the Konoha ninjas and he will nt be the only one to lose. He cannot pick how this ninja is familiar, but somehow he has seen him...

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Neji - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-08-28 - Updated: 2007-08-28 - 795 words - Complete

0Unrated
Neji stepped onto the battlefield, knowing his match against somebody from the Hidden Sound Village was going to be tough. He was not going to make the same mistake last time and underestimate his opponent, he believed his match with Naruto had changed his life for the better and allowed him to get stronger. The competitor also stepped out and his name sounded familiar but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. The ninja looked pumped up for the match, while Neji was relaxed but mentally prepared. The referee began the match and both fighters stood and watched each other. Neji used his byakugan to look at his opponent. Neji’s eyes were able to pick up the opponent was conjuring a fair amount of chakra under his cloak. He couldn’t tell what was going on just yet, but there was something. The enemy lifted his arms up and made some seals, “Sound Wave.” Neji with his eyes could visibly see the chakra carrying the sound towards him, he was able to dodge it but needed to ready himself as the enemy came in for close range. They sparred, with Neji being able to get some good shots in and dodging his main punch which missed completely. A few seconds after Neji dodged the punch, he clutched his head, realizing he had seen this kind of technique from a Genin the last time he took this exam. Neji looked at his competitor and there was something in his eyes that gave Neji the impression this ninja fought with more intentions than becoming a Chuunin. “You use the same techniques as someone I have seen before. From your village I believe?” These words immediately made the enemy lose control and attack out of rage giving Neji plenty of opportunity to set a counter attack. He dodged the frontal attack and used his speed to get in behind the enemy. It was going to be finished with an attack from behind but he didn’t get the opportunity; sound waves came out of his back and gave no time for Neji to get out of the way. Neji had to watch the sound hit him directly and a chance for the enemy to retreat. Once again Neji clutched his ears and this time he dropped to his knees but kept his eyes on his opponent who didn’t charge in to finish him off. “Although I am happy to fight a Hyuuga, I wanted to fight Gaara of the Desert for he killed my brother. Kinuta Dosu was the strongest Genin of our village and I will avenge him.”
Gaara looked at this sound ninja remembering quite well what he had done to Kinuta Dosu. Although there was no harm done in getting rid of someone who was bad, he felt guilty for he had done it during his weak time when he loved the feeling of killing someone.
“I almost fought your brother once.”
“He would have killed you if you had.”
“I don’t think so. Because I am still alive and he is dead.” The words stung the enemy ninja and he lost control; sending sound waves at Neji without really aiming. “Those are your last words Hyuuga.” There was enough potency in the sound waves to keep Neji out of action for a few minutes and Neji could only watch as the ninja came closer and closer.
The ninja looked at Neji and seemed like he wanted to make him suffer, he sent out enough sound waves to kill a person and as it hit Neji directly, the sound ninja wondered how he had not collapsed yet. He charged at Neji with his kunai drawn to kill him in one swipe but was the last move he would make. In a second, Neji went from his knees to in front of the sound ninja and a gentle fist planted straight into the gut of the sound ninja. It was a critical hit and the ninja spat out some blood from the internal damage that had been done. “How can you move?”
“You pretend like you know the outcome of this match and you know of the Hyuuga clan. If you did, you would know we can release chakra from anywhere on our bodies with precise control. Your sound attacks the ears so I could concentrate all my chakra into blocking my ears and therefore not be affected by your sound techniques. Your brother is dead and you do not honor him by fighting with too much emotion. This match is over.” Neji began spinning, releasing chakra from his body and sending the sound ninja flying back a fair distance and landing, not being able to move and ending the match.
Sign up to rate and review this story