Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Tenten vs. Mist Ninja

by Shank 0 reviews

The Chuunin exams continue and its Tentens turn to fight. She always ends up against someone to disadvantage her weapons stlye of fighting, a new original fighting style ninja fromthe Hidden Mist V...

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Tenten - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-08-26 - Updated: 2007-08-27 - 1309 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was Tenten’s turn to fight and the rainy weather would inhibit her ability to fight from a distance. She hoped it wouldn’t work too much against her favour. Her opponent stepped onto the field; it was another girl fighter from the Hidden Mist Village. Tenten was prepared for some kind of water attacks, but couldn’t have been ready for the troublesome techniques she faced.
The referee began the match and Tenten threw some kunai as a distraction to get in from behind. The ninja didn’t try and move or block the oncoming weapons but lifted her hands and the kunai were sent flying back at Tenten who had to get out of the way. This shock and distraction allowed her opponent to do what she had planned and come in close and find an opening to get a good shot on Tenten. The mist ninja wasn’t going to let up and Tenten immediately retreated for her own sake. Her gut hurt and she could already feel her eye turning black under the punch from the opponent. What had knocked her weapons back like that? Whatever it was, the mist ninja seemed ready for the ongoing fight. Tenten needed to find out what it was before she could find a way around it. Tenten threw some more kunai at her opponent who lifted her hands again having the same affect on the weapons thrown at her. What the mist ninja wasn’t ready for was the shuriken in its blind spot. She was only just able to move her hands in front of her again to knock the shuriken back in Tenten’s direction. Tenten was banking on her knocking it back and made an exploding tag go off on the shuriken thrown. Although it had been deflected it was still close enough to do damage to the mist ninja. Tenten charged in through the smoke finding her opponent in mid air and with a perfect opening to finish the match.
As Tenten swung her kick and the mist ninja unable to stop it, Tenten was quite happy to end it now. But her kick didn’t connect, it was accurate to line up and set, but it didn’t hit. Not only didn’t her kick find the mark but her leg was shot back in the opposite direction sending her flipping down to land on the ground. It was some kind of force field, was it similar to Neji’s technique? Tenten slowly picked herself up off the ground and saw her opponent was still recovering from the explosion blast. “I have been looking forward to fighting a Leaf ninja, I have heard so much about you and to see all of you win your matches is incredible. But I am afraid I can’t see you beating me.” She wasn’t trying to intimidate Tenten and even seemed embarrassed by saying it; she truly was excited to meet a Konoha ninja. Tenten thought she would answer, “Why won’t I beat you?”
“Because you don’t have a variety of ninjutsu moves, so you do a marvelous amount of weapon and taijutsu attacks. Your weapons are weak against my techniques, possibly like if you were fighting a wind type.” Tenten was shocked by this and looked to the stands where she couldn’t see Temari but knew she was there watching her. Neji’s eyes would have been so useful to see her techniques, but she couldn’t dwell on that now.
She threw a smoke pellet onto the floor and covered herself; she got into a position behind the ninja and waited for an opening. Once she found it, she attacked with some more kunai she kept with her. Again, they were knocked away but not back at Tenten. Tenten stopped to catch her breath but gave an opening to the mist ninja who executed some hand seals, “Reflect Technique”. The kunai that was in all different directions bounced off an invisible object and sprung towards Tenten from all different directions and hit her perfectly. If it wasn’t a clone she had switched with she would have been done for on the spot.
She was using techniques to reflect her attacks which were why it was sending them straight back with the same amount of force. This was indeed troublesome for Tenten’s weapon attacks but there was a way around it. It also explains her lost chance at finishing the match before; she must have made the shield to surround her for a short amount of time for Tenten to miss a shot of ending the match. “It seems like you have figured out my style of fighting, but simple reflections are not all I can do.” The enemy ninja charged in at Tenten for close quarter combat and cornered her so she couldn’t retreat. Tenten wasn’t overly bad at hand to hand combat and she believed she could hold on until she could find a way to make distance. However she wasn’t expecting her opponent to have some tricky techniques. The opponent swung a right hand punch which Tenten easily moved her arm to block but was smacked from the other side of her face knowing her off her feet and having to scramble to make sure her opponent didn’t finish her off. The next attack was the same, Tenten easily being able to block it but hit from the other side and doing a fair amount of damage. What was going on? She stared at her opponent who charged again and swung another punch, Tenten backed away this time before coming back in for an opening. The ninja had left a large opening on her right side which allowed Tenten to target a left goof kick to her ribs. Her opponent saw the kick coming and moved her opposite arm up, still leaving the opening but stopping her kick completely. Tenten smiled, “I found out your little technique trick. You use a genjutsu combined with your reflection techniques to make a mirror image of every movement you make.” The ninja smiled, “I wouldn’t expect anything less from a Konoha ninja, but I should finish this before I run out of chakra.” Tenten was a little worried but she did have an idea.
She retreated to a safe distance and took out some scrolls in her belt; she was doing her rising twin dragons technique to finish this match now. As she summoned her technique, the dragons rose up and around Tenten and granting her hundreds of weapons to be sent flying down towards her opponent with deadly speed and accuracy. As she expected, the ninja began to reflect all of them, until Tenten was out of weapons. “Your weapons are useless Leaf ninja.” The weapons were scattered everywhere on the field, in all directions around the Mist ninja.
“It isn’t finished yet.” She moved her fingers with the strings attached to them all to hurtle back to her from behind, causing her to turn around and have to focus all her energy in reflecting the weapons from behind her. This opportunity and opening allowed Tenten’s exploding mine to get in from the Mist ninja’s front and create its maximum potential with a close range explosion. The mist ninja was sent flying backwards and into the ground to leave Tenten standing as the winner of the match.
Before they took the mist ninja off the field, she spoke to Tenten, “You made me focus on my back while you attacked from the front. As expected of a Konoha ninja, an honour to fight.” Tenten smiled and got some medical cream she kept in her belt and gave it to the ninja and walked off from the battlefield a winner.
Sign up to rate and review this story