Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Chouji vs. The Rock Ninja

by Shank 0 reviews

The CHuunin exams continue and its Akimichi Chouji's turn to fight. Can he match the sheer strength of the ninja who can make his body as hard as stone?

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Chouji - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-08-23 - Updated: 2007-08-23 - 698 words - Complete

0Unrated
Akimichi Chouji stepped onto the battlefield for his turn in the Chuunin exams. He was quite hungry as normal and wanted to finish the fights so Sakura and Ino could take him to the local restaurants. It seemed the Country of Rain loved their food and were quite skillful in cooking. Because they spent so much time indoors, they used this time to make some of the finest cuisines far and wide. It was said the soup and noodles could keep a man warm for days on end from eating it. Chouji realized he should probably be thinking about his fight.
His opponent stepped onto the battlefield; he had a similar frame to Chouji, looking quite powerful. But he looked a little more prepared. The referee began the match and both Chouji and his opponent which was from the Earth Country approached each other. Then the ninja sped up to catch Chouji off guard, Chouji ducked the attack as this enemy wasn’t as quick as the others but he was caught out. He left an opening for the ninja to smack Chouji and exposing Chouji as a simple clone. The real Chouji came out of hiding and used this opportunity to come from behind and get a clean punch to the back of the enemy’s mid section. What happened wasn’t intended as the ninja’s body was so hard it broke some of Chouji’s fingers from the force of the shot. Chouji winced and backed off favoring his hand but wasn’t left for long as his opponent stepped forward and actually got Chouji with a force great enough to send him flying backwards. “Earth Country Hidden Rock Village ninjas have great power. It seems the Akimichi clan just eats now for the hell of it rather than for supremacy.”
Chouji ignored this and got to his feet. He needed a technique to equal out their strength as his current form wasn’t going to do anything. He could eat the pills he bought, but decided he best leave them till an emergency.
Chouji charged at his opponent disregarding any counter attack he left himself vulnerable too and swung a massive punch. His punch was blocked and held in its position by his enemy who swung his spare arm at the lower mid section of Chouji’s torso, which Chouji was able to block. They were both in a position testing each others strength and Chouji knew on pure strength this rock ninja surpassed him. He reached his neck into his collar and bought out a pill appearing green in colour. The ninja upon seeing him eat this retreated immediately. “So you have heard about our pills in the Akimichi clan.” Chouji pumped up and charged at his enemy but being unable to get a good aim. The enemy kept backing away but Chouji caught up and had a clean shot at his opponent. Unfortunately, it was a rock clone and broke away into little pebbles and stones.
The pain from taking the first pill set in, causing Chouji to clutch his stomach and fall to his knees. He hunched over so that his face was buried in his hands and was what the enemy needed to come out of hiding. Out sprang the rock ninja came out of hiding with both hands together and ready to come crashing down on Chouji surely killing him. As he came down though, Chouji stood up and not only looked refreshed, but more powerful than before. His multi size technique allowed him to catch the rock ninja in mid air and constrain him. “Did you take the second pill?”
“I only just took the first one.” The second ninja realized he hadn’t taken the pill the first time and as he was pretending to feel the after affects was when he was eating it. This mistake would cost him the match as Chouji wound up and threw him against the tree in the middle of the battlefield, completely taking it out and knocking the rock ninja unconscious. The referee ended the match in time for Chouji to buckle under the after affects of the green pill.
Sign up to rate and review this story