Categories > Books > Chronicles of Narnia > The Trials of Oreius

Desert Heat

by Xavier 0 reviews

The introduction of Griffnack

Category: Chronicles of Narnia - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-12-28 - Updated: 2005-12-28 - 198 words

0Unrated
Griffnack paused and panted for breath. A minotaur of his size was made for fighting, not running for his life. He glanced up at the sun beating down on him. He raised his fist and shook it. Wiping sweat from his furred brow, he continued on.
Griffnack had been walking for almost three weeks, ever since that wretched lion Aslan had shattered the Queen's army. Griffnack had fought bravely in the battle, personally killing seven Centaurs, two fauns, and a large rodent of some sort. But that had been before the Lion's charge. He had been knocked to the ground by the crushed body of a ghoul who had been battered by the good giant Rumblebuffin's club. Then, when he had regained his footing, he was attacked by a leopard and a satyr. He had lost his weapon, so he was forced to flee. Along with the rest of the Queen's army, he had headed south. Now he was struggling to cross the desert before he reached the Archenland mountain range. By crossing that, he would leave Narnia and hopefully be safe from that wild lion. He squared his shoulders and kept walking.
...............................

Sorry it's short. More soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story