Categories > Books > Chronicles of Narnia > The Trials of Oreius

The Band

by Xavier 2 reviews

Introducing the members of Oreius' band

Category: Chronicles of Narnia - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Published: 2005-12-29 - Updated: 2005-12-30 - 400 words

0Boring
Oreius walked into camp. The others in his band looked up as he entered.
"Did you find him?"
Oreius nodded. "He wouldn't tell me the location of the traitors' hideout. So I killed him."
At the others' silence he walked over to the other side of the fire and laid down, although his torso was still upright. He regarded each member of his small band in turn.
First was Boissevann, a young Centaur. Boissevann had fought bravely in the battle with the Witch, and so King Peter had assigned him to the group. Young and eager, Boissevann was jumping for a fight. And, in Oreius's opinion, not ready for one. He had slick, black fur, and sported an ornate sword he had found during the battle.
Next was Silena, a female Centaur. Nearer to Oreius in age, she was also a veteran of the battle with the Witch(now that he thought of it, they all were). Her lower half was a beautiful chestnut color, and hair on her head a golden brown. She had a bow laying beside her, a great bow she had used often in the battle.
Laying beside the fire was Sorefoot, an old grizzly bear. He was the sort who was asleep more often than awake, and complained when he was awake. Nevertheless, he was useful in battle, and occasionally in wisdom(when he was conscious).
Back in the shadows behind Sorefoot lay Veraxes, a griffon. An interesting blend of lion and eagle, griffons were one of the Creator's more interesting projects. Veraxes was quick in the air, with razor sharp eyes.
And padding beside Veraxes was Pardus, a leopard who was perhaps the wisest among them. His age unknown, Pardus had arrived at the Stone table with Aslan, and fought beside King Peter in the battle. Thankfully, he hadn't left with Aslan, and had requested of Peter this mission. Granted his request, he had been a source of good counsel to Oreius.
Without words, it was known that they would depart at dawn. And so Oreius laid further down and drifted into sleep.


Pardus watched as the other members of their small band drifted to sleep. He stayed alert, keeping watch. He was part of this group for a certain reason, a task that he had been given. And he was going to see it through. He continued his silent padding around the campfire.
Sign up to rate and review this story