Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 4: I'M A WHAT?!?!

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-02 - Updated: 2007-09-03 - 1310 words

0Unrated
A/N: Eh, I lied, I won't be updating once a week. I'll actually probably be posting a chapter every day or two XD (at least when I remember ^^'). I also have a couple of YYH one-shots that I'll be posting as time goes by. Oh, and for a final comment, I want to apologize about the shortness of the chapters. Yes, I do realize that they are unusally short, but don't worry; their size will be increasing dramatically eventually. Well, read, review, and enjoy! ^.^

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke'sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 4
I'M A WHAT?!?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I... uh..." I stutter.

Jason doesn't seem to hear me. "What... how..." he continues. Suddenly his confused face breaks into a smile. "Kris, you've found your demon form!"

Now it's my turn to gape at him. "I'VE WHAT?!?!" I shout.

Still grinning like an idiot, Jason says, "I said you've found your demon side; which really is amazing, I would have thought it be at least a couple more years."

I stare at Jason for a minute. "What the fuck are you talking about?! There's no such thing as demons!" I exclaim.

"Then what was that thing that you just destroyed?" Jason asks.

"It was just a...a... That was seriously a demon?!" I say, realizing that my brother isn't joking.

Jason nods and then sighs. "I guess I should have explained this all to you a while ago," he says.

"You got that right," I mutter under my breath.

Jason glares at me, but then continues as if I hadn't said anything. "You see, there are actually three worlds. There is the Reikai a.k.a. the Spirit World, the Makai a.k.a. the Demon World, and the Ningenkai a.k.a. the Human World, which is where we live. The worlds were separated a few thousand years ago and humans long since turned the knowledge of the three worlds into myth and forgotten that demons actually exist."

"But why?" I interrupt. "How come we don't see demons everyday?"

"Like I said before," Jason answers. "The three worlds are separated by a barrier so that demons can't enter the ningenkai and create havoc."

"Then how did this demon get here and how are we here?" I ask. "I'm guessing that you're a demon too."

Jason sighs again. "Some very powerful demons can create portals between the three worlds; but that is very rare. I believe that that demon was sent here by a powerful demon to find us."

I look at Jason confused. "Why would a powerful demon be looking for us?" I ask.

"Because he hated our parents," Jason answers.

"Huh?! Okay, now I'm really confused; what do our parents have to do with this?" I say while holding my head.

"Our parents were demons," Jason says making my head shoot up to look at him.

"They were?"

"Yup, Mom was half wind demon and half psychic demon and Dad was half fire demon and half darkness demon."

"Cool," I say with grin but my grin quickly dissolves. "But that still doesn't answer why a powerful demon hated our parents."

"The demon's name is Bashere," Jason answers. "He was a life long enemy of our parents. You see Mom and Dad were pretty powerful too and just after you were born they created a portal and moved us all to the ningenkai to sort of 'start a new life' and make sure we were safe from the horrors of the Makai. However, when you were 4 years old and I was 8 Bashere found out where our parents were and came and killed them. Fortunately, Bashere didn't know about either of us so we both survived the attack."

I am now gaping at my brother. "But you said that our parents were killed in a car crash!" I exclaim.

Jason gives me a dry look. "What the hell was I supposed to say?" he answers.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever Jay," I say. "But that doesn't tell me why that demon was attacking you, especially if this Bashere doesn't know that we exist."

"My guess is that Bashere some how found out about us," Jason muses. "I don't know how, but that is the only thing that makes sense."

I nod in agreement even though I am still in a slight daze. This is a lot to take in in one day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A half an hour later Jason and I walk in through the door. I'm kind of tired from everything that has happened so I walk straight towards my room.

As I pass through the hallway I glance at the mirror and freeze. I stand there for a moment gaping at my reflection and taking it in. My black hair has now turned completely silver and my blue eyes now have a gold trim to them, I also have to ears sitting on top of my head. I hesitantly reach a hand up and feel one of the ears. The two ears are both silver with back tips and the fur is silky soft. I feel something swish behind me and am even more surprised when I see a silver and black tipped bushy tail hanging out from a hole in my pants.

I am so engrossed in my reflection that I jump when I feel someone put an arm around my shoulders. "You like?" Jason asks with a smile. "This is your demon form."

"I definitely like," I say with a return smile, finally getting over my shock. However that smile quickly turns to worry. "Umm..., Jason? I like the way I look, but don't you think that people will notice that I look different? I mean it's not likje that many people have ears and a tail."

Jason just laughs. "Don't worry! Just concentrate and you should be able to return to your human form." he says. Taking his word for it I concentrate, remembering what I used to look like until I suddenly see my reflection return to normal.

I smile and clap, slightly jumping up and down, "I did it!" I smile.

"Now you should be able to switch between forms easily." Jason says with a smile.

"Cool," I answer. "But why do I have ears and a tail?"

"You are 1/4 psychic demon, 1/4 fire demon, 1/4 darkness demon, and 1/4 wolf demon. The wolf demon part of you is where you get the ears and tail from," Jason tells me.

"Wolf demon? But where does that come from?" I ask.

Jason shrugs. "I don't know," he says. "There has probably been some wolf demon blood in our family for several generations and it just hasn't come out until now.""

I nod in understanding. "What about you?" I ask Jason.

"I'm half wind demon and half psychic demon, just like Mom," he answers. "Go figure why I didn't get anything from Dad's side."

A huge grin suddenly spreads across my face. "What else do you think I can do?" I ask. "Besides that fire ball thing I mean."

"I don't know," Jason says. "Every demon is different so you are going to have to find out for yourself."

"But how?" I ask with a confused look on my face.

Jason smirks. "I'll start training you everyday after school starting tomorrow," he tells me. My face lights up in a grin. It's quite obvious that I am really excited. Jason's smirk turns into a grin at seeing my excitement. "We'll start with weapons and with mastering your Fire Ball. Your other powers should reveal themselves as we go."

I nod happily and practically skip back to my room. This has to be the coolest thing that has ever happened to me.

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story