Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 5: Food Fights and Sugar Highs

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-03 - Updated: 2007-09-04 - 974 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke'sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 5
Food Fights and Sugar Highs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day school flashes by and before I know it, I'm already sitting outside at lunch period.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Yusuke asks as he and Idiot (I still won't call him Kuwabara) scarf down their food.

I gag slightly. "Are you insane?!" I exclaim. "Maybe you can eat all of the schools food that you want to, but I would rather still be alive tomorrow." Jessica giggles slightly at my comment but I ignore her as all of my attention is on not throwing up as I watch Yusuke and Idiot eat.

"Suit yourself," Yusuke shrugs before he goes back to eating, making him get hit over the head by Keiko, which makes him start choking, making him knock into Kuwabara, making Kuwabara fall over and knock his trey off the table, sending the trey flying and eventually landing on someone else, making that person throw some food at Kuwabara but it misses him and hits some dude a couple tables over, making that dude throw some food at someone else, making that person- Well, it just set off a whole chain reaction.

"Hey Kristy," Jessica says. I turn to face her, both of us ignoring the mayhem of flying food around us as we hide under the table. "Do you want to come over to my house after school?"

I shake my head. "Can't," I answer. "Jay wants me home."

Jessica nods in acceptance as I suddenly start grinning to myself at the thought that Jason was going to start training me after school today.

"What are you so happy about?" Jessica suddenly asks.

"Uh..." I say as I try to come up with a quick answer. "...That it's Thursday?" Jessica looks at me funny. "Well, after Thursday is Friday which means we only have a day and a half until we're free from this hell hole!"

Jessica sighs exasperatedly. "Kristy, school's not that bad!" she says.

"That what they want you to believe!"

Jessica tries to glare at me for a moment before she just breaks down into giggles. I smirk at her and get out from under the table, seeing as the food fight has finally stopped.

The first sight I see makes me nearly burst out laughing. A few tables away the slut group is practically crying about their ruined clothing which just happens to be covered in food as is their hair. I turn around to congratulate Yusuke, only to see that he and Kuwabara are already being dragged away by the principle. I turn to my other friends. Keiko is scowling after Yusuke and Kuwabara (despite the fact that the whole food fight was partly her fault), Kurama is trying not to laugh but failing miserably, Chris and Jessica are outright laughing, and Hiei is no where to be found. This certainly turned out to be an interesting day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the school day passed without incident and suddenly I'm already walking through the door to mine and Jason's apartment.

"You're finally back?" Jason asks as he pokes his head out from the kitchen.

I glare at him. "I'm always back at this time, baka," I growl. My expression lightens suddenly. "When are we training?"

"Right now," Jason grins as he walks over to me, two katanas in hand. "Here," he says handing me one. "Let's go." With that he walks out the door, leaving me to follow behind.

We walked down the street in silence for several minutes, until I couldn't stand it any more.

"Sooooo," I say to break the silence. "What are you teaching me today?"

I see his eye twitch slightly. "What the hell do you think?" Jason asks.

"Is it the katana?" I ask with a huge grin. I love to play with peoples minds.

Jason's eye twitches again. "Yes," he growls out.

We walk in silence for another couple of minutes before I break it again.

"You sure?" I ask.

Twitch. "Yes,"

"Really sure?"

Twitch twitch. "Yes,"

"Absolutely completely sure?"

"Yes. I. Am." Jason answers through gritted teeth.

We continue walking.

"Are you sure you're sure?"

"Yes Kristy! I am absolutely positive! Now will you please shut up!" Jason explodes.

I giggle at Jason. "Just checking," Jason suddenly stops, giving me a strange look. "What?" I ask stopping beside him.

"You just giggled," he answers bluntly.

"So?"

"You never giggle,"

I arch an eyebrow at Jason. "So?" I repeat.

Jason throws his hands in the air in exasperation. "You're impossible!" he exclaims.

"I know," I say with another giggle.

"You just did it again," Jason says. Suddenly he gives me a suspicious look. "Have you had any ice cream recently?"

I glance at my brother with a shifty look. "What do you mean?" I ask. "What gives you that idea?"

Jason groans."You have haven't you?" he asks.

I giggle again.

"I swear ice cream is like a drug for you," Jason says with a sigh. Then he shrugs. "At least it hasn't affected you too badly this time."

I pout at my brother. "Sweet snow doesn't affect me that much," I say.

Jason rolls his eyes. "Then what about the time you painted your face and tried to free all the animals in the zoo?"

I whistle innocently and look around me instead of answering. Jason sighs again and I giggle for a fourth time as we resume walking.

"Why do you always call ice cream sweet snow anyway?"

"'Cause it's true! It's snow that's sweet!"

"No, not really."

"Yes it is,"

"No it's not,"

"Yes it is,"

"No it's not,"

"Yes it is...

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story