Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 16

by x_Charlie_x 0 reviews

Part 16. first day at college tomorrow... wish me luck. btw that had nothing to do with the story.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-06 - Updated: 2007-09-06 - 1478 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 16
Amy’s POV- ‘And then you kissed me.’
School dragged on today without Tom to talk to but I did have Frank to laugh with at break which was good. A lot of my guy friends seem to be ignoring me now though which is more than slightly annoying.
I’m sat at home by myself now. The guys have just gone down town. I was half hoping that they would invite me but no such luck. I guess I should take advantage of the quiet house and get the last of my Health coursework done so that I can fully concentrate on revision. Maybe I’ll even have time to start revising. Oh how fun my night looks set to be. Exams are just over a month away. Frank seems to have adopted me as his science tutor which means I have to try and revise and teach him whilst probably trying to ignore a hundred and one distractions a minute.
I walk down the hall to the small cupboard that hoses the laptop. I take it off the shelf and carry it back through to the living room, taking my time about plugging it in and setting it up, delaying having to do the last and most boring bits of the final task of health coursework.
Just as my background flashes up there is a knock at the door. I walk out to the hall and open it slowly, wondering who it would be.
“Frank? What are you doing here?” I ask him. He was meant to be down town with everyone.
“I didn’t feel too great.” He replies and then adds, “Can I come in?” I stand aside to let him in then shut the door with a frown. He’s sat down on the sofa at the opposite end from where I’d left the laptop. I lift it up and settle it on the floor before turning to Frank to resume my questioning. “If you’re ill why didn’t you go home?”
“I thought you might want some company.”
“I know you’re not a complete ars* but you’re pushing it a bit there. Plus I don’t want to catch anything.” He didn’t look ill at all.
“Promise not to spill?”
“Promise.” I agree, wondering what all the conspiracy was about.
“Mikey has this new bird, erm I mean girl,” he corrects himself at my glare, “but , well, she had reasons to hate me so I said I wasn’t feeling good and came here.”
“Mikey has a girlfriend?” I ask, then remember the girl he’d been texting that time I’d accused him of having text sex.
“Well not an official girlfriend but it looks like it could go that way.”
“And why does she hate you?” I ask, wondering what magnificent tale of treachery I’d just lined myself up for hearing.
“You remember I dated that girl in the year below called Sammy?” I nod. It had been his last relationship if I remember rightly. Since then he’d just had ‘relations’ with people.
“Well I split up with her by text, on her birthday.” I roll my eyes at his lack of thought but don’t really understand what this had to do with Mikey’s new girlfriend. Unless he was dating her… but that was quite a bit of an age gap.
“Mikey’s dating her sister, Charli.”
“Oh,” I reply, “You didn’t screw her did you?” I ask in only a half joke.
“No!”
“Calm down.”
“Sorry.” He looks at the laptop and seems to realise that I might have been doing something before he arrived. “Did I interrupt anything?” he asks, looking nervous. I’m not sure if that’s because he thought I was going to yell at him for interrupting or because he didn’t want to go home.
“I was going to finish some coursework,” I answer, “but it can wait.” I know I’m going to regret that later but I would also regret sending Frank away. Not quite sure why but I just know that I would.
“So, you got the laptop then…” Frank says, stating the obvious which was something he tended to do if he was feeling nervous or out of his depth in a social situation.
“Yeah I managed to convince Dad that I needed one to do coursework on as you guys are always on the main computer.”
“Thank me later.” He replies. He seemed ob edge but I can’t figure out why. It could be because of that girl’s sister but I couldn’t see it affecting him this much.
“Are you Ok?” He looks startled by my question.
“I’m good, just thinking.”
“The deep thoughts of a teenage boy…” I joke; he smiles and looks around the room. The way you might the first time you see it rather than the way you would if you practically live in the house it's in.
“Are you sure you’re Ok?” I ask again. I was probably going on and I’m about to apologise when he looks me right in the eye. Then he’s getting closer and we’re tilting our heads slightly to either side and our lips are meeting. His are warm and the loop of his lip ring is cold against my mouth. He parts his mouth slightly and I’m about to respond when the front door crashes open and we both hear someone collapse on the hall floor.

Mikey’s POV- ‘Our hands touch, unnoticed’
We’re sat in McDonalds eating our meals and having occasional sword fights with our chips when we feel the need. Charli is being quiet but to be fair she was always a bit shy around new people and the guys were being pretty crazy tonight. The approaching exams were on everyone’s minds making everyone, including me, crazier and more irrational than normal.
I reach out to get another tub of tomato sauce at the same time that Charli goes to get her drink. Our hands momentarily meet and we both blush. Gerard smirks at me from across the table. I kick him in the ankle, he shrugs and carries on eating with ink stained hands. He was the only one of us that didn’t need to worry about exams and was enjoying rubbing it in our faces.
“What was up with Frank?” Charli asks me when Ray, Bob and Gerard finally absorb themselves I conversation.
“I don’t know.” I admit, frowning and then having to push my glasses back up. It had really annoyed me when he left like that. It was obvious that he wasn’t ill because when he was ill he got it really bad. And I had really wanted him to meet Charli too. I wanted to check she got on Ok with all the guys and fitted in well so that maybe some time soon I could ask her out knowing that she would be Ok hanging around with us all. That had been the plan anyway but Frank had f*cked off.
“He dated my sister a little while back.”
“Who hasn’t he dated?” I reply. She smiles at this and I’m glad. She’d seemed pretty down again recently and I was glad to see her happy.
“I think he may be a bit wary of me. I know it sounds weird but he didn’t split with her very nicely and he probably thinks I hate him for it.” That would explain a lot. “Little does he know that my sweet adorable sister was dating someone else and was just waiting for a chance to dump him.” This makes me smile. It wasn’t very often you got to think about Frank being the victim at the end of a relationship.
We all finish eating and head outside. I take Charli’s hand and ignore her questioning glance. Pleased when she doesn’t move away, p*ssed off when Gerard whispers “Well done, you haven’t even gone red.” In my ear. Damn brothers. At one point Ray ends up chasing Gerard down the road after an argument about the best super villain. So immature. I stay holding Charli’s hands until we reach the crossways where she would go left and I would carry straight on.
“I’ll see you later.” She says, and turns awkwardly, as if she wasn’t sure if she was supposed to hug or even kiss me.
“Wait. I’ll walk you back. It’s getting dark.” It wasn’t because it’s summer but she smiles anyway and I mutter a quick. “See you later.” To the boys before catching hold of her hand again, knowing now what I was going to do.
Sign up to rate and review this story