Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Great Romances Of The 21st Century

I Never Asked For Your Opinion

by sillyperson 3 reviews

A new year. A clean slate. A Nervous feeling. And a stupid mistake...and the 9am bell hasn't even rung yet. Read and review please

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-06 - Updated: 2007-09-06 - 1685 words

0Exciting

Brendon’s POV

“Brendon you’re gonna be late!” A voice called from downstairs.

I glanced over at my clock and rolled my eyes, half eight really did come quickly on a Monday morning. I was thankful this year though, this time last year I would have already left the house, but that was when I went to pray I didn’t do that anymore. I pulled my shirt over my head and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I wondered why I bothered sometimes, its not as if anyone was going to notice me, I was just the loser that sat at the back of the class and pissed about. I checked to make sure my hair was flopped right in front of my okay brown eyes. My eyes were the one thing I was proud of. I searched round my pocket for my mp3 player and surprise, surprise it wasn’t there. I sighed and pulled everything off my desk as I frantically searched for it.

“No, no, no I am not going to put up with that Wentz’ taunts this year.” I mumbled.

I glanced over to the window, and there it was, that black shiny pearl of an mp3 player perched on my window sill.

“Gotcha,” I smirked as I placed it in my pocket.

I stopped maybe for ten seconds and stared out the window…and there she was leaving her house, looking as beautiful as ever. My heart skipped a beat as I realised that I was late. I grabbed my bag off the floor and raced downstairs. That usual smell of my mom’s sweet pancakes overwhelmed the house.

“No breakfast Brendon honey?” She asked as I hurriedly put my vans on.

“No not today, lunch?” I asked as she stood in the hallway with a batter infested whisk.

“Here you go, have a good day,” She said while passing me the bag and placing a kiss on my cheek.

“Yeah, yeah,” I mumbled as I opened the door.

As I slammed it behind me I looked up the street to see if I could still see her in walking distance. As usual the horizon was empty, and so did that empty feeling inside return as I trailed up the road.

I shoved my head phones in my ears, “Why don’t you just fucking ask her?” I muttered to myself.

“Ask who?” I heard a voice say from behind me.

I quickly turned around there she was with that usual smirk on her face.

“Oh hey Elspeth,” I said finally.

“Well that’s good you didn’t loose your voice over the summer then.” She said while walking beside me, I felt my cheeks starting to burn up. “It’s good to see you waited for me,” She added while putting on a fake pout.

“Aww I’m sorry I thought you’d gone, I am late and everything,” I explained.

“Its alright…I’m not really that hurt, I’m sure I’ll recover.” She smirked; every time she smiled her ocean blue eyes twinkled.

She seemed to walk so elegantly, maybe it was the way her blonde hair flowed to her shoulder blades, or even the way she smiled. She was perfect, but I wasn’t.


Pete’s POV

There they were, those freshly painted school gates, I really wished I wouldn’t be passing though these gates again, in fact I didn’t even want to see those goddamn things again. I could sense eyes being drawn to me; I put on my casual pearly white grin. Even though this wasn’t my original year, everyone knew me…even if I didn’t want them too.

“Morning home boy,” Jon smirked as I walked towards him. He always had that Cheshire cat grin splashed across his face.

“J-walk, are you growing your hair out?” I asked as I perched next to him on the wall.

He gently flicked his head to the side to let his chocolate coloured fringe flop away from his eyes.

“Yeah, I didn’t think short hair really suited me anymore, why don’t you grow yours out too?” He said openly.

“No…that’s what Elspeth said I should do, if I do that then I’m only gonna prove Ellie right.” I mumbled.

“I know, but you two broke, you shouldn’t let her run your life now,” Jon said honestly.

I nodded my head slowly as I stared out onto the horizon; I noticed two familiar figures gaining closer to the school grounds. I adjusted my hat as I got up and walked over towards them leaving Jon sat on the wall as he usually would be. I noticed Brendon roll his eyes and whisper something to Elspeth; man did the guy get right up my ass.

“Hey Pete,” She said softly.

“G’morning,” I said openly while exchanging a glare with Brendon who was rummaging around in his pocket.

“New haircut Pete?” Elspeth muttered.

“Yep, hey Brendon it’s good to see you’ve lost that geeky hair cut, it still won’t change your geek tag.” I laughed while scuffing up his hair.

“Well you’ve had that dickhead tag since you were born.” Brendon muttered under his breath while flattening down his hair.

“What was that?” I asked angrily. I could feel my arm trembling as I raised it closer towards his face.

His okay brown eyes studied the expression on my face. “What the hell is wrong with you? Can you not go one fucking day without being such a prick?” He said nervously.

“Your gonna-“

“Fucking hell,” Elspeth interrupted under her breath, she grabbed hold of Brendon’s wrist and dragged him away towards the gym.

“I have no fucking idea what you see in him!” I shouted as they walked away slowly.

I noticed her look back, and that look, that look she gave me sent shivers down my spine.


Brendon’s POV

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked finally as we got behind the gym.

She loosened her grip from around my wrist and stared at me. “I’m only trying to stop you from getting your ass kicked.” She said honestly.

She looked hurt; I bit hard on my bottom lip and nervously placed my arms around her. She froze for a second, in all the time I had known her we didn’t really hug her, she always hugged me and I was the one stood there bewildered. I was a total idiot when it came to relationships, infact I had a reputation as the person not to go to on advice. She gently, well, finally placed her hands on my shoulder blades, I really couldn’t put a finger on this feeling I had inside. She pulled away, her cheeks all rosey red and smirked at me.

“What did Pete mean by that last comment?” I asked while pulling a fag out of my pocket.

“Oh he’s just a jerk, just ignore it, hey isn’t that Ryan over there?” She said while quickly pointing her finger over towards the old oak tree.

It was where we always hung out whenever we were at school, Elspeth didn’t always hang with us, but it was still pretty cool. As we both walked over, me with a cigarette freshly puffing from my lips, and Elspeth with her science book in hand, he momentarily glanced up from his book and gave us both that shy smirk.

“Typical Brendon,” He sighed as I sat down next to him. I rolled my eyes and slowly took my cigarette out of my mouth.

“Typical Ryan, you’re always writing something in that damn book.” I said as he quickly closed it.

He never let anyone read anything he wrote in that book, whenever I would ask what it was about he would just shrug it off and make up some excuse to hide the truth. He continued to ignore the remark I had just made as he packed away his journal deep inside his bag letting his fringe flop in front of his left eye, covering his careful hazel eye.

“Where is everyone?” Elspeth muttered while sitting down next to me, she grabbed hold on my wrist and stared at my watch, “There usually here by now.”

“Thanks for asking to look at my watch Elspeth,” I said sarcastically.

“Oh…anytime,” She laughed, I rolled my eyes as I heard Ryan join in with her.

“I really don’t want to do first period, Pete’s in my class and he’s already threatened to punch my lights out this morning.” Ryan sighed irritably.

“Same here, just great first thing biology,” I moaned while throwing my cigarette butt on the floor.

“You know you guys should just ignore him, or just walk away, he’s just an attention seeking…well yeah.” Elspeth said while smiling towards the end of the sentence.

Ryan and I exchanged looks, “Believe me if it was as easy as that this conversation wouldn’t even be taking place.” He said finally.

“Well sorry I spoke,” Elspeth said sarcastically.

“I’m surprised you even talk to Pete…especially after the threats from Eleanor, she’s a rich bitch,” Ryan said off the top of his head, for a sensitive guy that was a very insensitive comment.

I lowered my eyebrows at him as Elspeth gently wiped her eye and quickly gathered her stuff together, “I think I see Izzie over there,” She said while not turning back.

As she walked off I felt my stomach twist just as if Pete had punched me.

“Dude nice going…and your meant to be the sensitive guy,” I said while getting up as pulling my bag over me.

It has taken her the whole summer to forget about last year, and first day back it was already starting to break again…great.

Okay what do you think? Please review sorry bout the delay i havent been able to get on the computer and stuff. R and R
Sign up to rate and review this story