Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

If I could choose to start over, I'd excercise more discretion.

by lil_chica007 3 reviews

To quote the timeless words of Cameron Crowe...'MY SON'S BEEN KIDNAPPED BY ROCKSTARS' except it's a girl, and she's a model.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-09-06 - Updated: 2007-09-07 - 2888 words - Complete

0Unrated
“What are you guys doing here?” they barely slowed down as they each grabbed one of Haley’s arms and circled back towards the bus that Haley just now noticed pulling up to the curb. The security guards slowed to a stop as Marc waved them off, assuring them that they were harmless. “Keep in touch!” he called to Haley as she turned to wave when they reached the bus.

Haley followed them onto the bus to be met by Andy Joe and Patrick. Joe jumped out of his seat and leaped over Andy to wrap Haley in a giant bear hug. “It’s nice to see you too, Joe.” She said, prying one arm loose and patting him on the back.
“We missed you.” He tightened his grip. She looked around at everyone smiling like idiots as the bus started moving.
“What’s going on?” she watched as the bus pulled away from the Fashion Week tents and into the city.
“We’ve kidnapped you.” Dirty said matter-of-factly.
“It was Joe’s idea.” Patrick added as Joe finally let go in order to nod his head vigorously.
“Um, ok…why?” she asked, confused.
“We saw you on TRL. You looked miserable.” Patrick explained.
“You looked like you needed to be saved.” Andy said.
“Yeah, and then Pete got all giggly when you called him your GOOD friend and made us turn the bus around.” Joe laughed as Pete glared at him. “Oh, was I not supposed to tell her that?”
“Dude, you’re blushing! You’re such a fucking girl!” Dirty shouted, making everyone crack up. Even Haley giggled a little until Pete turned away looking hurt.
“I’m sorry, Pete. Don’t leave.” She stifled a laugh and reached for his arm to stop him. He paused for a second, looking like he was thinking about something, before grabbing Haley’s hand and pulling her into the back lounge. The guys all whistled and called after them as they retreated. Dirty yelled “WEAR A CONDOM!” as Pete flipped him off and shut the door.

Now Haley was blushing as they sat next to each other on the couch. “Sorry about that.” Pete said, breaking the silence.
“I’ve gotten worse.” Haley laughed.
“That’s not why we came. What they said. It actually was Joe’s idea to come get you. I was just going to call. We just thought you looked like you needed a friend.”
“Thanks. I did.”
“And you said before that you wanted to do something different. This is different” he motioned to the bus.
“It is.” Haley nodded, looking around. The only time she’d been on a tour bus was very briefly when she came to see the bands off on the last tour.
“But if you don’t want to stay, I understand. We’ll take you home. I can have the driver drop you at the airport, or your hotel or whatever…” Pete started rambling, talking super fast. Haley silenced him by grabbing his face and kissing him firmly on the lips. When she let go a second later, he was frozen in place, his mouth hanging slightly open. Haley looked at him nervously, trying to gauge his reaction.
“I guess you’ll come with us then.” He almost whispered once he regained his composure.
“Yeah.” Haley whispered back, closing her eyes as Pete leaned in again. “Fuck! Gabe!” Haley suddenly pushed Pete off of her.
“Huh?” he asked, thoroughly confused.
“I’m staying at his apartment. I can’t just leave, I promised him I wouldn’t run away again. I have to at least tell him I’m leaving.” Pete jumped up and practically ran up to the front of the bus.
“Change of plans. We have to make a stop in Brooklyn first.”

When the Fall Out Boy guys entered Gabe’s apartment, they were shocked at what they saw. Haley’s stuff was strewn all around the room. It looked like a bomb went off.
“How can such a small person make such a big mess?” Joe asked, looking between Haley and the war zone that was the bedroom. Haley bent down and began shoving clothes into her suitcase.
“And it’s only been a week. Imagine what it was like when she lived here.” Gabe said, poking his head in the room to survey the damage.
“I’m not that bad. My shoes were in the very bottom, and I didn’t have time to put everything away.” Haley tried to defend herself as she piled more stuff in the suitcase. She only had half of her things packed and her bag was already full. “Crap. Where did the rest of this come from?” she looked around at all the stuff that was supposed to magically fit.
“It won’t fit unless you fold it,” Patrick said, crouching down next to her. The rest of the guys got bored and went to hang out with Gabe while Patick helped Haley re-fold all of her clothes.
“We’re done.” Haley threw her hands in the air. “Just double check.” She got up and went into the bathroom.
“Oh wait, there’s something under the bed.” Patrick reached under and pulled out a shoe and a bra, his face turning bright red. “Oh, sorry.” He dropped the bra and backed away, like it would bite him. Haley shoved the items in her bag.
“It’s just underwear Patrick. I wear underwear, you wear underwear, everyone wears underwear.”
“I don’t wear underwear!” Pete exclaimed as they all walked back in the room.
“That’s good to know.” Haley said sarcastically.
“Hey, why don’t we all take her suitcase down to the bus, and let Haley get the rest of her stuff.” Andy said, grabbing the bag and pulling it towards the door.
“Does she have any more stuff?” Joe asked, innocently and Andy gave him a look, nodding his head toward Gabe. “Oh, right.” He and Patrick followed Andy out the door. Pete, who had been extra quiet and moody since they arrived, stayed behind and moved closer to Haley.
“You’ve been sleeping in his bed?” he asked, accusingly. Haley looked into his eyes, seeing the hurt.
“He slept on the couch. Look the pillows and blankets are still there.” Haley pointed out into the living room. “I’m not that kind of girl. I wouldn’t have kissed you if I was sleeping with him.” Pete stared at her for a second trying to figure out if she was lying, Haley stared back innocently.
“Pete!” Andy called from the hallway, giving him a look of ‘if you don’t let her talk to him, you’ll never get her’. He followed Andy out, and grabbed the other end of the suitcase to help carry it down the stairs.
“Fuck, what’s in here? Bricks?”

Haley turned to Gabe, who was standing silently by the front door. “So…I’m leaving.”
“Yeah, I kind of gathered that.” He motioned out the door, to where Fall Out Boy had disappeared.
“I’m sorry.”
“About what? You were going back to Chicago tonight anyway.”
“Not about leaving…” she said quietly, suddenly very interested in her shoes.
“Then about what?” he said, trying to coax her into saying what he knew she wanted to say.
“I…like Pete.”
“I know.”
“You do?”
“Sure. Everyone knows.”
“You do!”
“We’ve all known since before the two of you knew. You can be pretty dense at times.”
“So you’re not upset?”
“Of course not. I had my chance. It’s his turn now. I knew there was never going to be anything between us again.”
“Thanks for being so cool about all this.” He pulled her into a hug. “And thanks for letting me sleep in your room. Your couch kind of smells funny.” She laughed.
“Yeah, I have to look into that. We’re still friends though, right?”
“Of course we’re still friends.” She pulled away and smiled at him.
“You should probably go before someone gets shot.” Gabe said looking out the window at Dirty trying to direct traffic around the tour bus parked in the middle of the street. There was a lot of honking and cursing, from both the drivers and from Dirty.
“Oh, shit. I forgot about the bus.” Haley said, peering down at the commotion in the street. “I’ll talk to you later.” And she ran downstairs and back onto the bus.

“We cleaned up for you.” Patrick said as Haley walked onto the bus, just as Dirty went to open one of the cabinets and half empty boxes of Cereal and chips fell on his head.
“Well we tried.” Andy shrugged.
“Come on, we’ll give you a tour.” Pete said pulling her further into the bus as all four guys tried to fit through the doorway at once, leaving Dirty in the front eating his Pringles.
“We’ve never toured with a girl before.” Joe said, excitedly.
“Well not one that wasn’t someone’s girlfriend.” Andy corrected. They all stopped and looked down at Pete’s hand that was still grasping Haley’s, pulling her along. He quickly let go and shoved his hands in his pockets.
“So here’s the kitchen and the bathroom, the front lounge, the back lounge and the bunks.” Joe pointed around the bus. “And that’s the tour.”
“Exciting.” Haley smiled.
“I’ll show you where you’ll sleep.” Pete placed his arm around her shoulder, gently pushing her away from everyone else. Dirty snorted with laughter, and Pete turned around to glare at him.
“I didn’t say anything! I’m sure you’ll show her where she sleeps.” He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.
“I kind of hate you right now.” Pete called back to him. He led Haley into the bunk area and pointed to one of the bunks. “This is mine, but you can have it and I’ll move into the spare one underneath Dirty.” He pulled open the curtain on the bunk across the aisle from his to reveal a pile of everyone’s dirty, sweaty clothes. “I’ll find someplace to put that.” He said shutting the curtain again.
“I don’t want you to have to sleep in there. It probably smells. I can just sleep on the couch.”
“I brought you here, I’m going to give up my bed for you. And besides, sleeping out there, all alone and vulnerable, you never know what Dirty might do to you. I know from experience.”
“Well, if you think it’s that risky…” Haley smiled and tossed her purse into the bunk.
“I never thought it would be that easy to get you into my bed.” Pete smiled back and Haley gasped, pretending to be shocked.
“That’s dirty.”
“You know, we never got to finish what we started before.” Pete moved closer, licking his lips and reached a hand up to Haley’s cheek.
“HEY! Rule number 1: no nudity on the bus.” Joe yelled, interrupting the moment. Pete flipped him off and moved in to kiss Haley again, but she pulled away.
“So what are the other rules?” she said jokingly, walking back towards the others in the front. Pete followed her looking like a hurt puppy. Joe stood in the middle of the aisle, stumped.
“I have no idea. That’s about it. You can be naked if you want, we won’t mind. But not him.” He nodded back at Pete. “No one wants to see that any more than we have to.” Everyone laughed.
“It’s true.” Pete shrugged.
“That’s kind of a random one rule to have.”
“Between the two of them,” Patrick pointed at Pete and Dirty “it comes in very handy.”

Once Haley had gotten herself settled in, everyone was congregated in the back teaching her to play Guitar Hero. Joe had already decided she was “hopeless”.
“You know, I wouldn’t suck as much if you’d let me try again. It was my first time.”
“No.” Joe shook his head, not taking his eyes off the game.
“You guys suck.” Haley pouted, yawning.
“Tired?” Pete asked quietly in her ear.
“I’ve had a very long day. I’ve been kidnapped, and I’m still wearing a one of a kind dress.” She looked down at her outfit. “A slightly see-through one of a kind dress.”
“I wasn’t going to say anything.” Pete said, as everyone suddenly averted their eyes from her chest.
“Where did you guys put my clothes?” She looked around for her suitcase.
“Andy put your stuff under the bus with all of ours.” Patrick looked at Andy.
“Joe said he would.”
“I told Dirty to do it.”
“I knew I forgot something.” Dirty said.
“You forgot my clothes!” Haley shrieked. “You left my stuff sitting in the street. For all I know, some homeless person could be wearing my designer clothes!” Pete pulled his Sidekick out and began typing. “What are you doing?”
“Texting Gabe. He found your stuff, and we can pick it up when we go back through the city next week.”
“I have to wear this dress until next week?”
“We’re almost to Boston, I can give you something to wear when we get there and we can buy you some new clothes in the morning.” Pete said.
“Thanks Pete.”

When they arrived at the hotel it was already past midnight, but being Friday night, the lobby was still pretty crowded and quite a few heads turned when the group walked in. The sheer absurdity of a supermodel wearing a long sequined dress showing up with a bunch of dirty, tattooed guys in old t-shirts and tight jeans made much of the lobby stare, puzzled. They were waiting at the front desk for the clerk to get their keys organized.
“Hey guys, I’m going to run to the bathroom real quick. Don’t leave without me.” Haley turned and walked off, trying to avoid the stares they’d been receiving since they’d arrived. Patrick turned to the rest of the group when she was out of earshot
“So, she’s going to have to stay in someone’s room right? We don’t have enough reservations and the hotel’s full.” He looked right at Pete, knowing the answer.
“Oh! Oh! Me, pick me!”
“DIBS!” Joe and Dirty shouted at the same time, waving their hands in the air like they were the middle school teacher’s pet.
“Guys, she’s a person. You can’t call dibs on a person. Besides, I think Pete already called dibs.” Andy shook his head. They all collected their room keys and headed upstairs while Pete waited for Haley.

“What room are we in again?” Haley asked, almost tripping on the carpet in the 4 inch heels she was still wearing from the show. “Oops.”
“1207. Right over here.” Pete unlocked a door and turned on the light, leading Haley in. While the room itself was large, the one bed was not. Pete looked at her nervously.
“What? It’s bigger than my bed at home, and you barely even knew me when you slept with me there.” She walked into the room and flopped down on the bed.
“I guess you’re right. As long as you’re ok with it. I can stay with one of the guys if you want.”
“Why? So you and Patrick can spoon all night? I won’t bite. Unless you’re into that kind of stuff…” she joked and Pete began to blush. “Now let me borrow some clothes so I can go to sleep before I pass out.” Pete unzipped his bag and pulled out a pair of sweats and a t-shirt.
“I’m almost certain these are clean.” He sniffed them quickly before handing them over and she went into the bathroom to change. When the door opened a minute later, Pete was sitting on the bed trying to make himself stop freaking out so much, and the action made him jump slightly.
“They actually put a toothbrush in there, just in case you forgot yours. Isn’t that convenient since you forgot mine?” Pete turned to look at her, and she gave a wide smile showing off her teeth. “Minty fresh.”
‘Holy shit she looks hot in my clothes.’ Was all Pete could think as he kept staring at her until she was in bed under the blankets. “I’m just…bathroom” Pete stuttered and pointed. He finished up in the bathroom and approached the bed. Haley was curled up facing away from him, and looked like she was already asleep. He stood contemplating his bedtime attire for a second before stripping down to his usual boxers and climbing in. He considered sleeping on top of the blankets like he had the last time, but crawled in all the way. She had invited him, after all. However, he did make sure to stay well on his side of the bed. He shut off the lights, and whispered “goodnight” to her sleeping form. He was half asleep when he felt Haley silently scoot closer to him, so they were almost touching and whisper “goodnight” back.


Please review.
Sign up to rate and review this story