Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

The world will never be the same and you're to blame

by lil_chica007 3 reviews

Haley joins the tour, and someone's got a new assistant.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-09-13 - Updated: 2007-09-14 - 2702 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sorry it's been a few days. My mother made me go to a Barry Manilow concert with her and it took a while to recover. 50 year old groupies are terrifying.


Pete woke up early the next morning to banging on the door. “What the fuck?” he looked around, trying to remember where he was. He looked down and smiled at Haley wrapped in his arms. He got up and shuffled to the door. “Who is it?”
“Yo, open up! We have an interview in half an hour.” Patrick yelled through the door. Pete cracked the door open and looked out sleepily. The other members of Fall Out Boy, and Dirty, all stared at him standing in his boxers and messy hair with matching wide eyes and open mouths.
“What is going on in here?” Andy smirked.
“I thought we said no nudity in the bus?” Joe pushed the door the rest of the way and all eyes fell on Haley, still asleep in the bed.
“We’re both fully clothed.”
“We never said anything about nudity in hotel rooms.” Patrick said as they pushed past Pete and into the room. They stood in a row at the side of the bed next to where Haley lied oblivious.
“Is she dead?” Joe poked her in the forehead.
“Guys, leave her alone.” Pete said as he tried to guide them out of the room, while at the same pulling on his pants. Dirty jumped on the bed and laid down on Pete’s side with his chin in his hands, staring at Haley. She finally woke up at the sudden movement and looked from Dirty laying next to her to Joe, Andy and Patrick standing in a row on the other side of her.
“Morning sunshine.” Dirty said cheerily.
“I tried to stop them.” Pete poked his head out of the bathroom door, his mouth full of toothpaste.
“You can sleep through anything.” Joe said, obviously impressed.
“What time is it?” Haley asked groggily.
“9:15, we have an interview at a radio station before we go to the venue.” Pete explained.
“I’m supposed to take you out to buy clothes since I heard someone forgot your stuff.” Dirty said.
“It was partly your fault.” Andy defended himself.
“Ok, I’m ready, lets let her get dressed.” Pete emerged from the bathroom and shoved everyone out of the room. He turned around and almost bumped into Haley as she tried to move past him into the bathroom. “You can grab something to wear out of my bag if you want. Since you only have your dress.”
“Thanks.”
“And here,” he opened his wallet and pulled out a credit card. “Let me pay for whatever you have to get.”
“You don’t have to…” she pushed his hand away.
“I insist. It’s my fault your bag was left behind.”
“Actually it was Dirty’s fault.”
“Right. Make him pay.” They laughed and someone started banging on the door again.
“I’m not taking your credit card.”
“Ok, fine.” He put it back into his pocket. The two stood awkwardly for a second and Pete leaned in slightly before backing away quickly and averting his eyes. Haley leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the cheek and moved past him into the bathroom. Pete sighed and stuck the card in the top of her purse and left.

He opened the door to see the 4 men standing around entirely too naturally. Patrick was inspecting his nails, Joe was staring at the floor, Andy the ceiling, and Dirty was interested in a fake plant in the corner. “What are you doing?” Pete asked suspiciously.
“Dude, you got dissed.” Dirty laughed.
“The cheek?” Andy said.
“What are you talking about?”
“Dirty pulled out the little peep hole thing while you were asleep.” Pete looked at the door, and in fact the glass bubble was gone, leaving only a hole that you could easily see the whole room through.
“From that kiss, you must have been really bad.” Dirty said.
“I told you NOTHING happened.”
“Yeah, sure. That’s what they all say.” Patrick slapped Pete on the back as the members of Fall Out Boy started towards the elevators, leaving Dirty behind.
“We were both dressed. What do you really think could have happened?” Pete turned back to look accusingly at Dirty. “And don’t watch her getting changed!” Dirty held his hands up in surrender.

“I hate shopping.” Dirty groaned, following Haley down the street to the next store. He was struggling under the piles of shopping bags he accidentally offered to carry.
“Then why did you come?”
“It’s my punishment for not putting your bag in the bus. And Pete didn’t want you to go alone.” She scrunched up her nose, giving him a funny look.
“Why would Pete care?” he looked at her like ‘you haven’t noticed he’s completely obsessed with you?’
“I don’t know, in case you get lost or you need help carrying your stuff. Or there’s an angry mob following you.” He looked over his shoulder at 2 fourteen-year old girls whispering and giggling behind them. “Speaking of which.”
“Yeah, they’ve been there for the past couple blocks.” Haley said and turned around. “Excuse me, could you tell me where H&M is?” she smiled at the two girls, who just stared back in shock.
“It’s just down there, around the corner.” The one girl said quietly, pointing down the block.
“Thanks.” Haley moved to turn back around.
“Hey wait, aren’t you that model? Iona? From Vogue? I said you were, but Katie said you weren’t.” the other girl asked pointing to her friend.
“Um, yeah. I am. My name’s actually Haley.” Haley gave a small wave.
“And are you really Dirty?” Katie asked, turning to Dirty.
“I actually just showered this morning, but that’s me.”
“Are you here for the Fall Out Boy concert?” the other girl, Beth, asked.
“Yeah, are you guys going to be there?”
“Yeah. We got tickets the day they came out. Hey could we take a picture with both of you?” the other girl asked, pulling out her digital camera.
“Yeah, sure.” Haley looked around for someone to take the picture. They were right in front of a shoe store, so she led them in and asked the girl at the counter to take the picture. “What’s your name?” she asked the girl as she handed the camera back.
“Oh, it’s Beth. Thanks so much.”
“I’ll try and get the guys to give you guys a shout out at the show.” Haley smiled.
“Oh my god, that would be awesome.” Beth squealed.
“Are you guys like going out or something?” Katie asked suddenly, pointing at Haley and Dirty.
“NO! God no. The guys are friends with my brother and they sent him shopping with me.” Haley shook her head violently.
“Oh…who’s your brother.” Beth asked.
“William Beckett. We’ve gotta go.” Haley said quickly and headed out the door and down the street with Dirty right behind her.
“You were really nice to them.” Dirty said, after about half a block of silence.
“That was the first person I’ve ever told that to. Who didn’t already know us.”
“Told what?”
“That Bill’s my brother. They’re going to put it on the Internet and then it will all over, and he’ll get pissed.”
“He won’t care. And people will figure it out eventually anyway. You guys look exactly the same, and you have the same birthday. Someone’s going to notice you hanging out with all of us and put the two together.” He almost dropped one of the bags as a little kid ran in front of him.
“I’m almost done. As soon as we check out H&M, we can go back to the hotel. Are you sure you don’t want me to carry some of those?”
“No, I got it.” He said, trying to act tough without dropping anything.

A little later that afternoon, the band was finishing up sound check. “That sounded really good guys. The show tonight should be great.” Patrick said as they walked single file off the stage, the rest of the guys nodded in agreement.
“Has anyone seen Haley.” Andy searched around through all the busy techs running around.
“Dirty said they got back about an hour and a half ago, but I haven’t seen her. I wonder what she bought…” Pete said, half to himself and everyone else gave him a knowing look. All of a sudden Haley ran by, her arms full of aluminum cans.
“Oh hey guys.” She slid to a stop.
“What the hell is that?” Joe pointed at the pile of cans in her hands.
“14 bottles of Cheese Wiz”
“Why?” Pete asked, confused.
“You know, I have no idea. Dirty said something about a cannon and sent me to go buy Cheese Wiz.” Haley shrugged and Dirty’s voice crackled through the radio clipped to her back pocket.
“Hey, what’s taking so long? We need ammo!”
“Uh oh.” Haley mumbled, looking from the radio to her arms full of cheese. She tried shifting everything to one arm. “Can someone…” she nodded at the radio.
“Yeah, sure.” Pete said quickly, reaching his hand towards her ass.
“QUIT FLIRTING AND HURRY UP!.” Dirty’s voice shrieked. Haley turned around just before Pete’s hand reached her and spotted Dirty yelling into his radio, barely 100 yards away across the parking lot.
“I’M COMING! HOLD ON!” she yelled at him. “Gotta go.” She ran off and Pete followed while all the rest of the guys went back to the bus to hang out.

“Wait, so what are you doing with the cheese?” Pete asked for the third time as Dirty and Charlie tried shoving the can into the end of his tee shirt cannon.
“We’re going to shoot it at your girlfriend down there, and see what happens.” Charlie pointed at Haley, who looked very tiny way down at the opposite end of the parking lot
“I think it’ll explode.” Dirty said.
“She’s not my girlfriend. If you guys keep saying that, you’ll scare her away.”
“Yeah, whatever. ARE YOU READY?!” Charlie yelled into his radio. There was a brief pause before Haley’s voice crackled back.
“You know you don’t have to yell. I can hear you just fine.”
“That wasn’t an answer.” Pete said taking the radio as Dirty fired the cannon. They heard a loud shriek as the can hit the ground and exploded a few feet from where Haley was standing. They all ran over to where she was standing in the middle of an orange puddle.
“Holy crap that was awesome!” Dirty shouted when they approached her.
“Are you ok?” Pete sounded concerned.
“I’m covered…in aerosol cheese.” Haley said horrified, looking down at the splatters of cheese all over her clothes. “But that was hilarious.” She started laughing.
“We should have had the video camera. We need to do it again.” Charlie said.
“Wait…why did I have to be down here though?” Haley paused in her attempt to wipe the cheese off her shirt, noticing the flaw in their plan.
“Um…In case something happened, you’d be there to see what went wrong. That and we needed a target.” Charlie shrugged.
“So in case it didn’t explode, I could get hit in the face with a can of cheese traveling a gagillion miles an hour. Thanks.” She said sarcastically, looking at Pete for help.
“How else would we be able to aim?” Pete shrugged.
“I think the next one we should shoot at Pete.” She smiled.
“How ‘bout no.”
“Hmm…” Dirty scratched his chin. “The next one, we have to shoot at you, and you’ll be down here to film it hitting. Then you can shoot one at Pete, and we’ll film it launching.” He said.
“Ok. I’ll go get the camera.” Haley scampered off in the direction of the bus. Dirty turned to Pete once she was out of earshot.
“How cool is this? I have my own assistant.” Dirty laughed.
“She’s my assistant.” Charlie said.
“Just don’t let her do anything too stupid.”
“You already have an assistant. I was the one who told her to go buy the cheese. And how’s she going to help security? She’s tiny.”
“She is. She’s like half a person.” Charlie held his hand up about chest high to measure her height.
“So when are you going to ask her out.” Dirty turned to Pete, suddenly changing the topic.
“I don’t want to rush into anything.”
“If you don’t get on top of it,” Charlie started.
“Both figuratively and literally” Dirty wiggled his eyebrows.
“Someone else is going to steal her away from you.”
“What? Did someone say something? What do you know?” Pete panicked looking between the two.
“I’m just saying.”
“We’ve all seen the Victoria’s secret posters. And the video…” Dirty trailed off as Haley came back.
“I got the camera. Where should I go first?”
“That was kind of freakishly fast.” Pete said, checking the distance from them to the bus.
“I’m a very fast runner.”
“Obviously.” Charlie laughed.
“Are you kidding? You’ve seen how tall Bill is. My entire childhood, it was the only thing I could do to not get my ass kicked.”
“I see your point. Now let’s do this before the crazy early fans get here and ruin it.” Pete looked at the time on his sidekick and over at the entrance gate that kids would soon be lined up at.
“Why would they ruin it?” Haley called, walking back to her spot with the camera.
“If they’ve already seen it, it’s not as cool when we put it online.” Dirty yelled back.

The show that night went off as smoothly as they could have hoped. The band was great, the audience was great, and Haley watched from the side of the stage right where Pete had told her to stand. Close enough that she had an unobstructed view, but far enough that she wasn’t visible to the crowd. What she didn’t realize is that it was also the perfect spot for Pete to be able to watch her watching him out of he corner of his eye the entire show.
“So when are you going to ask him out?” Haley jumped and turned to see Charlie standing behind her.
“You scared the crap out of me. Do you always lurk around like that?”
“You didn’t answer the question.” He sat down next to her on a big storage crate Pete had pulled over for her.
“I don’t know. We barely know each other. I don’t even know if he likes me like that.”
“Oh, he likes you like that all right. But do you like him like that?”
“I guess so. But how do you know he likes me?” she asked, self-consciously.
“I’ve known the kid since I was 16. To put it bluntly… when was the first time you were on the cover of that fashion magazine? The really thick one? His sister used to get it.”
“Vogue? August 2004.”
“He’s wanted to bone you since August 2004.” Charlie patted her on the back and got up and walked away, leaving Haley in shock. Pete looked over just in time to see one of his best friends with his arm around the girl he was falling for. He felt a wave of jealousy wash over him and he tripped over his microphone cable, causing him to hit the wrong chord. Patrick and Joe both noticed and looked over, but he just shrugged his shoulders and continued to play.

A/N: I don't know if that's actually what happens to cheese wiz when you shoot it out of a canon, but I really hope it is. So don't try it at home, unless I can watch.
Sign up to rate and review this story