Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 9: Window Seats, Sluts, and Demons

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-07 - Updated: 2007-09-07 - 2265 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by
Yusuke'sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy,
Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 9
Window Seats, Sluts, and Demons

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Casually I saunter over to the window seat that Hiei is sitting on. Then, I swiftly pull Hiei off the seat and onto the floor and sit on the window seat myself. Everyone else in the room stops what they are doing to stare. A few people (/cough/Yusuke&Suiichi/cough/) even have the color drained from their faces.

Hiei just sits on the floor for a moment, a shocked look on his face. I can’t help but let a smirk tug at the corner of my mouth; it is quite funny after all.

Finally, Hiei seems to snap out of his shocked state and he quickly jumps up, a deadly glare in place. “Get out of my seat,” he growls.

I turn my head to him, this time keeping my face expressionless. “Why?” I ask.

Hiei growls again. “Because I said so,” he says, his glare worsening.

“And I care because?” I ask, adding a bored tone to my voice.

Hiei gives me another growl before suddenly pushing me out of the seat and then sitting down again.

I blink up at him from were I landed on the floor. This wasn’t exactly what I had expected. However, now I am getting slightly annoyed, as I really just wanted to sit down. And so, I quickly stand up and once again pull Hiei from the seat.

Hiei looks almost as surprised as he had the first time, and I’m guessing that he didn’t expect for me to do that a second time. Standing up again – although faster this time – he glares at me and grips the hilt of his katana... Wait, back up! Katana! Where’d that come from! ...I guess it has been there for a little while and I just haven’t noticed it; he probably put it on after school.

But that still doesn’t answer the question of why Hiei is wearing it. Oh well, he probably just has some time of obsession with pointy objects. Ah, reminds me of when I was little.

I must have drifted of in my thoughts for abruptly I realize that Hiei is still glaring at me with his hand on the hilt of his katana. It is then that Sparky and I suddenly hear giggling behind us.

Blinking, we both turns towards the sound. We then realize that everyone else in the room is watching us and trying not to laugh. Hiei gives them all death glares, the grip on the hilt of his katana tightening, while my eyes narrow and my glare sharpens as a growl surfaces in my throat.

Jessica – who had been trying the hardest not to laugh – hears this and immediately stops laughing and looks at me. Seeing the look on face, her eyes widen slightly in fear as she realizes (Me: I’ve used that word way to much in that last few paragraphs) just how pissed off I’m getting.

“N-n-now, now-w K-kris-sty,” Jessica stutters. “Th-there’s n-no-o re-reas-on-n for you t-to get u-up-set-t-t.” She gulps.

Chris looks strangely at Jessica for a moment, but then looks at me and gets a fearful look as well. “C-com-me on-n Krist-sty. W-we were o-only-ly fo-fool-l-ling ar-round-d,” he stutters out.

Now everyone in the room has stop laughing and is staring at Jessica and Chris confusedly.

“Back away slowly,” Jessica whispers to everyone as she and Chris start to do just that.

Everyone continues to stare at them.

“...Are you two okay?” Yusuke finally asks.

Jessica casts a quick glance at me before hissing to Yusuke, “If you value you life, I suggest you start backing up!”

Yusuke snorts and glances at me, but gives at start when he sees that I have jumped off the window seat and am slowly stalking towards them... like a predator would stalk towards its prey... or rather, like a wolf would. But shhhh! They don’t know that!

Yusuke’s eyes widen and without a second thought he turns on his heel and races down the hall (Me: I say that Yusuke’s house has a hall, so it has hall!) I tear off after him; after all, he had been the only one who had been outright laughing.

I find Yusuke at the end of the hallway, jiggling the handle of a door – that seems to be locked – but unable to get in. He’s trapped. I start to once again slowly stalk towards him, when I suddenly step on a creaky floorboard. Yusuke quickly whips around and his face drains of all color as he sees me standing there with a feral grin on my face.

“Hello Yusuke,” I coo.

“AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(1 Week Later)

It had been a week since the ...incident... at Yusuke’s an already we – that’s Jessica, Chris, Suiichi, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko, Hiei, Kiara, and I – had become fast friends. We spent time at each other’s houses all the time.

Besides that, I had also been training with Jason everyday. It was hard balancing training, school, and friends, but somehow I was able to manage it without making anyone even slightly suspicious.

Also, I’ve had tons of fun torturing Hiei. He’s so easy to tease because he lets his ego get in the way! ...But of course I’m not one to talk, especially since he tortures me back.

Now it’s Monday (Me: So more than a week has passed... but I don’t really feel like having to figure out exactly when Yusuke and peoples came and how long it’s been) and all of us – except for Kiara since she is in Jr. High School – have just reached the school.

Quickly walking inside, we go our separate ways and go to our lockers. A few minutes later though, I meet up with Suiichi and Keiko again, as we have History class together.

“I can’t believe that you’ve already got a fan club Suiichi,” Keiko sighs.

I glance around and find that she is indeed right; practically every girl in school is sighing over and/or drooling over Suiichi as he walks by. What gets me however, is the “already” part of what Keiko said. And so, naturally, I ask about this. Keiko giggles slightly and Suiichi blushes.

“Well,” Keiko starts. “At his last school, every girl liked him as well and there was even an official fan club.” She giggles again.

I smirk as well – and even more when Suiichi’s blush deeps – but am about to ask what Keiko meant by "his last school" when we all suddenly halt.

Standing in front of us is just about the sluttiest girl in existence... Marisa, a.k.a. Slut #1.

Marisa has shoulder length platinum blonde hair that is so straight and shiny that I can almost smell all of the hair products that she must have to use to get her hair that way. She also has baby blue eyes and stands about as tall as Suiichi and so was much taller than me. The really disgusting thing about Marisa is the way that she dresses

Marisa has on a short mini skirt – although it could be a belt; even after all these years, I’m still not entirely sure – and a very tight low-neckline belly T-shirt. And did I mention the make-up? Well, that’s hard to miss seeing as you can’t even really see her face under it. Maybe she has blue-skin or something, but who would know since I don’t think that anyone has ever seen her actual face.

But you know what the really horrible thing about Marisa is that her appearance isn’t even the worst part of her. How is that possible you ask? Only one thing: the shrieking. That’s right, she’s one of those people with that high-pitched voice that shrieks and screeches. Oh, how I despise her fake, sugary, screech.

“Suiichi!” she shrieks. “I’ve been looking all over for you!” I flinch slightly at her voice.

Suiichi looks slightly annoyed, but he quickly covers it up with a polite smile. “For what reason Marisa?” he asks.

Marisa gives a disgusting sugary plastic smile that makes me want to gag. “To walk with you of course, Suiichi /darling/,” she answers. I think my eardrums are about to burst from the screeching, so I quickly step in, hoping to be able to get out of here as soon as possible.

“Sorry Marisa,” I say in a fake sweet voice. “But your 'Suiichi darling' is already taken.”

Marisa gives me a disgusted look and says, “By who? You?” She laugh at that, as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

I laugh along with her – which thoroughly freaks her out – before giving her an amused look. “Sorry,” I answer. “But I don’t like pretty boys. No offense Red.” I glance at Suiichi on the last part. He just shrugs lightly, signaling that there was no offense taken, a small smile on his face. He certainly seems to think this whole situation is funny.

“How dare you!” Marisa shrieks. “You can’t insult Suiichi!”

“That’s nice,” I drawl in a bored tone. On the inside however, I’m really starting to get annoyed by this whole thing and decide that I’m going to end this. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” I lightly poke Marisa’s shoulder and blink for a moment when she topples backwards with a screech.

I continue to stare at her for a moment, before bursting out in laughter. I was only poking her slightly to get the point across that I was leaving; I hadn’t expected her to fall!

While laughing I glance to the people on either side of me. Keiko has a hand covering her mouth and looks like she’s trying not to laugh, but is failing horribly. Suiichi on the other hand, was biting his thumb to keep from laughing and was actually doing a pretty good job; but he’s probably trying a little harder than Keiko not to laugh.

Thinking that this would be a god time to get going, I quickly step around a still-flailing Marisa with Keiko and Suiichi following me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After school it is just Jessica, Chris and I walking home as Yusuke, Suiichi, Hiei, Keiko, and Kuwabara had to leave for some reason. Deciding to walk through the woods instead of our usual path down the street, we make a turn and enter the dense trees (Me: Yes, this is the same forest that Kristy and Jason train in, so it’s very dense trees).

We’ve been walking for a few minutes, just talking and laughing about random things – namely my incident with Marisa – when I suddenly start getting a very odd feeling. And odd doesn’t really even begin to describe it. It’s almost like de ja vu, and yet at the same time this deep sense of foreboding and... fear? I’m not quite sure how to describe it. What I do know is that the feeling sent shivers down my spine and at the same time made me what to retch and run away.

Trying to shove the feeling away, I cast a quick glance at Jessica and Chris and notice them exchanging wary glances. What the hell! Maybe it’s a feeling that all people get as they walk through this part of the forest... but that makes absolutely no sense.

We all just continue walking anyway; I mean, it’s probably nothing...

And of course that’s when a tall figure drops down in front of Jessica Chris, and I.

“Well well well, what do we have here?” a male voice growls out scratchily. He then steps out of the shadow of the trees and into the light where we can finally see him. Jessie and Chris gasp audibly and I mentally curse.

The owner of the voice is a tall lean demon, at least 7 feet tall, with golden-green skin. He also has a single horn protruding from his forehead, sharp nails, long lime-green colored hair, and black eyes. However, other than that actually he has a basically human figure.

The demon smirks evilly and points a clawed finger at us. “Bye bye,” he says.

Before I can even react a green light gathers at the tip of his finger and comes blast at me. I only have time to think ‘/Oh shit,/’ as I go flying through the air before I slam into a tree trunk and everything goes black.

The strange thing though is that I’m not unconscious. I can feel the pain, I can feel myself breathing, I can hear shouts in the background, but I can’t move.

And so I lay there for a few moments, struggling to move. My friends are in danger; I have to help them. I have to move.

Suddenly I feel my finger twitch. Focusing all of my energy on that finger I try as hard as I can until I suddenly can move my whole hand. Experimentally, I try to open my eyes and find that I now can. Blinking, I look around.

However, the sight that meets my eyes is far from what I had expected. My mouth hangs agape, “No fuckin' way,”

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story