Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 10: Rhurac and Truth Revealed

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-08 - Updated: 2007-09-08 - 2379 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke’sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

(1) - To see a picture of her, go to http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/SongOfAFallenAngel/4c6ba0d6.jpg
(2) - Kitsune means fox in Japanese.
(3) - Baka means idiot/fool in Japanese.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 10
Rhurac and Truth Revealed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing there was Jessica and Chris, but that’s not why I was gaping; it was how they looked that was shocking me.

Chris now has spiky ice blue hair, and from where I was... laying... I could see that his eyes had turned an ice blue color as well. Also, in his hand he appeared to be holding a spear made of ice.

Jessica also looks quite different. She now has vibrant green hair and violet eyes. Also, her outfit has changed and she is now wearing a type of bikini that is sky blue. The top part of it simply ties in the back – with no shoulder straps and the bottom part has large rubies on either side. Finally, she has a piece of golden jewelry encircling her upper right arm. Oh, and can’t forget the large majestic angel wings protruding from her back... WAIT, ANGEL WINGS! I shake my head lightly then, knowing that something like that shouldn’t shock me so much, and turn back to the matter at hand.(1)

- Oh, and the last thing that I notice about my two friends is that they both have powerful auras surrounding them. -

Anyways, the two of them are facing away from me and are in battle stances as they confront the demon that attacked me.

“Heh heh heh, this certainly is a surprise,” the demon cackles, an evil smirk still in place. My friends tense up even more.

It is then that I feel my energy start to rise as my thoughts darken.

The demon attacked me.

That demon is an evil being.

That demon is threatening my friends.

I suddenly feel that familiar warmth envelope me and my demon energy unfurl. Standing up I know that I am now in my demon form and ignore the shocked faces of my two best friends as they look back at me as I start to menacingly stalk towards the green-skinned demon.

“Who the hell are you and what the fuck to you want?” I manage to growl out through gritted teeth as I try to keep my fury – no, not fury, rage – under control. And the cursing isn’t my problem; my language tends to fly out of control when I get really mad.

The demon gives rough laugh. “I am Rhurac, humble servant of Bashere,” he answers.

I feel my body tense at the mention of Bashere. However, it seems fit that he would send someone after Jason and I after such a long lull.

As these thoughts sift through my head, I wordlessly growl at Rhurac. This is not a good, not good at all.

“What do you want?” I say to Rhurac, repeating my earlier question.

Rhurac continues smirking a completely ignores my question. “This is another surprise though,” he says as he looks over my demon form. I just growl at him again as he finally meets my gaze. “But it still is no obstacle in my path.

Suddenly Rhurac, Jessica, Chris (Me: Those two – Jess and Chris – had been standing just behind you, watching... or rather they had been gaping at you), and I all snap our heads in the direction of the path, where we can all feel a strong power heading our way.

The source of that great power turns out to be my brother Jason, who is running along the path towards us. As soon as Rhurac sees Jason, his face sets into a frown and a small growl escapes his throat. However, he quickly turns his face back into that evil smirk as he turns back to me.

“This isn’t over,” he says, his smirk widening ever so slightly. “I’ll be seeing you real soon.” Rhurac gives a quick bark of a laugh and a dark energy starts to surround him. But just before he disappears completely, he gives me one final smirk. “Oh, and I hope you enjoyed my poison blast.” With that, he continues cackling evilly and the dark energy swallows him completely and then dissipates into nothingness.

‘/Poison blast? That must have been that green energy that hit me earlier,/’ I think. The ‘poison’ part of it made slightly uneasy and I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind, but I quickly shrug it off.

Just then, Jason finally reaches us. It is then that I also realize that he looks different. His hair is now a silvery-purple with black tips instead of its usual ebony color and his eyes are silver with black flecks in them. Besides that, he has a powerful demonic aura around him. I abruptly realize that this must be his demon form. Interesting...cool.

As Jason reaches us, he simply stares at Jessica and Chris. I can’t help but to turn and stare at them too; this is just too weird. Both Jason and I find that Chris and Jessica are staring at us with the same confused and shocked faces that we are probably giving them.

“How?” we all start to say at the same time. Then we stop and just continue to stare

I am about to break the silence and say something, when I suddenly start to feel very woozy.

‘/What the hell?/’ I think. Then that nagging feeling in the back of my mind suddenly comes forward. ‘/The poison blast must have poisoned me! ...Shit/’

And with that, the darkness takes me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Spirit World, Prince Koenma’s Office) (No One’s POV)

“What now binky breath!” Yusuke Urameshi yells to a toddler sitting in a large swivel chair. “You just sent us out to catch a demon roaming around our city and now you call us back again!”

Koenma, the toddler, gives Yusuke an exasperated look, but is happy to see that no one else was harassing him. He wouldn’t expect Kurama to of course. The kitsune(2) was to polite to even think of something like that. Hiei wouldn’t really either for two reasons. One, he never really spoke to anyone unless it was an insult. And two, he was on parole and so had to be careful no matter how much ne didn’t want to. Finally there was Kuwabara... well, no much can be said there because the baka(3) probably didn’t have enough brain cells to yell. And Koenma wasn’t really one for insults; it's just that sometimes the truth cannot be overlooked.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand and the yelling Spirit Detective.

“I called you back here because we already found the demon,” Koenma says in an annoyed tone. Yusuke gives him a slightly dumbfounded look, but the little Spirit World ruler simply ignores him and continues. “We picked up his energy signal in a park not to far away from your present school as he created a portal back to the Makai.”

Yusuke continues to stand there and blink at Koenma. “If the demon is already back in the demon world...” he begins slowly. “Then why the hell have you called us back here! You could have just told us over the communicator to go home!”

Koenma sighs again. “I called you here because this the demon was in the forest with four other powerful energy signals,” he answers.

This catches Kurama’s attention. “So now we have five unidentified and unauthorized energies that have entered the ningenkai?” he asks.

“Yes,” Koenma nods. “And all of them are full-blooded demons too.”

“But they can’t really hurt any humans if they’re back in the Makai, right?” Yusuke says.

“Only the first demon left,” Koenma answers, the annoyed tone entering his voice again. “The other four are still somewhere in your city. But somehow they all are able to disguise their demon energies.”

“So that means that they could be anyone,” Kurama asks sullenly.

Koenma nods soberly. “Yes,” he answers. “We have four unknown and very powerful demons running around the ningenkai and a fifth that can create portals to and from the Makai.”

“...Damn”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ningenkai, Jason and Kristy’s apartment) (Kristy’s POV)

Slowly I blink my eyes open and am met by blurred visions of what seem to be people. Then, as if breaking through the surface of water, all sound hits me.

“Is she okay?”

“She’s waking up!”

“Kris, can you hear me!”

“What the hell happened?” I say groggily as I sit up and glance at Jason, Chris, and Jessica, all of whom were gathered around me on the couch in mine and Jason's apartment.

“Yup, she’s fine,”

I glare at Chris, who had been the speaker of the last comment, but he only grins whole heartily.

With a sigh I turn to my brother and repeat my question. “What happened?” I ask.

“The blast that that Ruscar freak hit you with temporarily poisoned and paralyzed you system,” Jason answers. “But don’t worry, you should be fine now.”

I nod, still slightly in a daze, then suddenly blink, and turn to my two best friends. “And what is up with you?”

“Uh, heh heh,” Jessica laughs slightly as she sweatdrops and Chris rubs that back of his head nervously.

Jason sighs and then says, “I spoke with for the hour that you were unconscious and-”

“What! I was out for a whole hour!”

“-it turns out that they both are demons as well.”

“Yup!” Chris say, a grin now on his face. “I’m an ice demon!”

I grin back at him and then turn to Jessica. “How about you?” I ask.

Jessica gives a light smile. “I’m half physic demon and half angel,” she answers. I hear Jason gasp slightly, but my grins just widens.

“Really! That’s so cool!” I say. “I’m 1/4 psychic demon, 1/4 fire demon, 1/4 darkness demon, and 1/4 wolf demon. Jay here is half wind and half psychic.”

Chris pouts slightly. “That’s not fair,” he says. “I’m the only one here who has no psychic demon blood... in fact I’m the only one here who is pure blooded!” He seems somewhat surprised at this and I just give him a confused look. Jason decides to explain to me.

“In the Makai, mixed blood is looked down upon,” he explains. “It’s actually quite rare for a demon to have several types of demon blood in them.”

I nod in understanding and turn back to my two friends. “But why are you here?” I ask them. “I mean I’m sure that Jason explained to you what happened to our parents, but why are you two in the ningenkai?”

Jessica sighs. “I’ve been in the ningenkai all my life,” she says. “You see, I never met my parents – and please don’t be sympathetic towards me – but was adopted by the Calans and they have brought me up. However, they have no idea of what I am.”

“My story is a little different,” Chris says as soon as she’s done. “As you already know, my mother died giving birth to me and I now live with my father. The part you don’t know is that my family comes from a tribe of ice demons and they believe that when a mother dies during the birth, the child is considered a curse and must be killed right away. However, my father didn’t want be to be killed and knew that my mother wouldn’t have wanted me to die either, so he stole off with me in the middle of the night to the ningenkai.” Chris sighs. “We’ve been living here ever since.”

I nod in understanding and then a thought suddenly pops into my head. “You two knew about each other, didn’t you? That you were both demons I mean,” I say.

Jessica grins and Chris flashes a smirk. “Yep,” Chris answers. “It was an accident actually; one that happened about... 5 years ago or something."

Jessica giggles. “I was in my demon form, just wanting to stretch my wings a bit,” she says.

“And I was able to sense her demon energy and so decided to check it out and see who it was. Well, imagine my surprise when I see Jessica.”

“His face was just priceless,”

“And that led us to a whole discussion on what had happened to us and why we were in the ningenkai. And...well, yeah.”

I nod with a small smirk on my face, thinking how ironic this all is.

“There’s just one thing I’m interested in,” Jason suddenly says. “How are you able to hide your demonic energy?”

“I can hide it because of my angel blood,” Jessica answers first. “I’m not sure how it works, but somehow that, along with the fact that I can control my energy level to lower it to that of a humans, makes me seem like I am 100 human.”

Chris shrugs. “I too can control my energy levels,” he says. “And my dad taught me how to hide my demonic energy.” He then looks at Jason. “How about you? How come we never knew that you were a demon?”

“Well,” Jason answers. “Since both Kristy and I were born in the ningenkai that somehow cancels out our demonic energy.”

Upon seeing the confused looks that he was getting from Jessica, Chris, and even me, Jason sighs.

“What that means is that being born here automatically gives us the ability to hide our demonic energy. Well, that is unless we are in our demon forms of course,” Jason explains.

“Oh,” comes the reply from all three of us.

Silence follows for a few minutes as no one can think of anything to say.

“Well,” Jason finally says as he stands up. “You three have school tomorrow.”

“...Jay, you just sounded way too old for comfort,”

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story