Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 18

by x_Charlie_x 0 reviews

Part 18. I don;t know why part 17 posted itself twice =S

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-09 - Updated: 2007-09-09 - 1819 words - Complete

0Unrated
---------------------------------------------------------
My amazing friend Charli (x_vampire_angel_x) helped me with the 2nd POV for this. I edited it into my own style of writing but I give my thanks to her again for helping me out with the severe writers block I suffered while writing these parts. Also I cant remember when I last updated but if it was a while ago then sorry… I started college on Friday so all that has been overruling my life. Here you go…
---------------------------------------------------------

Part 18
Frank’s POV- ‘After seeing what we saw can we still reclaim our innocence?’
I hear the door close behind me and think for a second that maybe I should go back in. At least to help get her Dad upstairs but I knew that Amy had felt embarrassed about me being there. It was probably best that I don’t get myself involved. I start to run. It was raining lightly and it hits me in the face as I sprint towards my house. I savour these few moments of nothingness. Nothing but my feet hitting the pavement and regulating my breathing. No family secrets, no alcoholics, no kisses. Just streetlights passing by in a blur and the fall of rain as steady as my pace.
I reach my door and consider going back out and carrying on running but now that the promise of warmth was right in front of me the idea of running around in the rain seemed stupid. I open the door and walk over to the living room. My parents are sat there watching TV, being normal. “You alright?” My Mum asks me. I catch a glimpse of my face in the mirror above the fireplace and realise I look like cr*p.
“I’m fine. Just going to go upstairs.” I say and leave them to it, hoping they won’t worry about me.
As soon as I reach my room I kick my wet shoes off and turn the computer on. I didn’t hold much hope of Amy being online but I could email Mikey and apologise for leaving and ask him how it went. By the looks of it he’d been trying to introduce Charli as a mate so that if and when they got together he didn’t have to just spring us on her.
I log in to messenger and go to my email account. No new mail, oh how popular I am… I type out my message to Mikey explaining the situation to him then click on the conversation window that had opened up at the bottom of the screen. It was Amy.

Butterfly Kisses says: hey. Sorry about earlier.
Frank [Is Not Short] says: It wasn’t your fault. How are you?
Butterfly Kisses says: Fine
Frank [Is Not Short] says: which means you’re not Ok right?
Butterfly Kisses says: God knows…
Butterfly Kisses says: about the kiss…

I wait for her to finish the sentence but by the looks of it she keeps deleting what she’s typed. I jump in instead.

Frank [Is Not Short] says: Lets forget it…
Butterfly Kisses says: Is that what you want?
Frank [Is Not Short] says: It’s probs for the best…
Butterfly Kisses says: Fine well if that’s what you want, I’m off ttyl. x.
Butterfly Kisses says: and yes, you are short.
Frank [Is Not Short] says: WAIT!!
Frank [Is Not Short] says: you don’t seem Ok about the kiss thing. It wasn’t a mistake or anything I just thought you wouldn’t want this sort of thing right now and I kind of have stuff going on too….
--Butterfly Kisses has not received your message as he/she has left the conversation--

“Sh*t.” I mutter. I get up and cross the room to sit on the floor with my back against the wall. I automatically pick up my guitar and start picking out parts of songs. I needed to talk to her about the kiss, but how could I talk to her about the kiss without seeming heartless for not focussing on the slightly more important issue of her Dad getting so drunk he passed out in her hall? By the way she’s reacted this wasn’t a one off thing. Suddenly little things Bob and her have said make sense and I know that it wasn’t a one off.
If I was religious I’d pray for her but I’m not so I just hope with all my might that Bob gets back soon and deals with the situation better that I did.

Charli’s POV- ‘I feel your heaven, never felt it before.’
Frank can be such a w*nker sometimes. I mean I don’t actually have a problem with him but the look on Mikey’s face said it all when he made that lame excuse about being ill and left. He’s a bit of an eejit. By the looks of it he thinks I have some sort of problem with him because of the way he treat my sister when he broke up with her. In fact I’ve always quietly admired him from afar. Just the way he is, the way nothing seems to bother him, the way he breezes through life. He’s one of those people who can live to the ‘live like you’ll die tomorrow’ code and not screw up. He’s free. I don’t fancy him though, no he may live like he doesn’t give a damn but there are times when he seems so angry with the world. No he’s too angry (and short) for me to feel that way about him. Plus I mean he did date my sister.
That was the only way I really got to know him, was through Samantha. She had been so happy when he asked her out, but Sam being Sam she soon got bored. It was a shame because they seemed so suited to each other. Then she was bringing some other guy back and warning me not to mention his name to Frank, then on her birthday she cheered up considerably after one particular text. On closer inspection it turned out that Frank had just text her to tell her he didn’t think they were working out. If it had been me I’d have been a bit miffed about being dumped by text, but Sam always was a bit odd.
Anyway after Frank had f*cked off earlier we all headed down town, had a bit of a browse around and ate McDonalds. It was a bit weird hanging out with a huge group of Mikey’s friends, especially as I haven’t seen Mikey out of school that much. He’s so sweet though, and that little thing he does when he scrunches up his nose and makes himself unwillingly look like a chipmunk Then there’s the way he stands, arms behind his back, feet pointed together, chewing his lip. Exactly what I do. Well when he asked I could hardly say no could I? So there I was in McDonalds, very aware of how quiet I was being, watching all the guys have sword fights with their chips. His friends all seem pretty nice and Bob kept telling me about how I just had to meet his sister Amy. I was now very intrigued.
After we were done eating at McDonalds we all headed back for home. It was quite early, Bob was going back to Mikey and Gerard’s house and Ray was headed back home and so was I by the looks of it. When it got to the point of me turning for home though Mikey suddenly chimed in that he was going to walk me home. I couldn’t help smiling to myself. I had a feeling deep down that he was going to ask me out today… but he hadn’t done so far and I had been feeling a bit sorry for myself as I had headed away from him… but there was more time now.
We walk home and talk about random things but his head isn’t really in it and I keep waiting for him to ask me but he doesn’t and I don’t prompt him because I want him to ask me when he feels right. We get to mine and his head is so not with him that he actually walks straight past it but after a few seconds of calling him back I ask him in and he agrees. After a brief meeting with my Mum which causes him to freeze up we sit down in the living room to watch TV. He sits down quite close but I don’t mind, I just relish in the close proximity of our bodies and turn the TV on. Hollyoaks is literally the only thing on so we sit and watch that. Half way through he finally clears his throat nervously and asks me if I would “maybe go out with me… maybe…” Yay!
After that we snuggle up on the sofa and watch the rest of Hollyoaks… have a poking fight and talk about Billy Talent. I go off to get us coffees and find him nearly asleep on the sofa. It is honestly the cutest thing I have ever seen. I sit down next to him placing the coffee down on the table next to him. It seems to have the same effect as stuffing sniffing salts under the nose of someone who has fainted, he jolts up and grabs the cup and takes a huge gulp even though I know by just holding my own mug of tea that it’s still boiling hot.
“Drink so much I’m kinda immune to the hotness.” He explains when met by a somewhat gob smacked look from me.
“Right…” I reply, looking at him as if he comes from another planet. I put my cup down and move over to where Mikey is. “You make me really happy you know…” I confess, he was one of the only people I talked to about how I feel and he’s one of the only people that listen. Being around him was like a breath of fresh air.
“I’m glad.” He says then presses his lips up against mine softly. The closing credits of Hollyoaks are running in the background and when our mouths open to deepen the kiss he tastes of coffee but it doesn’t taste too bad on him. He raises a hand to the back of my head and holds it there gently, if I could pick one moment that could choose repeat over and over in the afterlife it would be this one. It was bliss, it was heaven, and it was us.
Sign up to rate and review this story