Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 19

by x_Charlie_x 0 reviews

There's a bit of a leap through time here. Sorry about that. I blame writers block.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-09 - Updated: 2007-09-09 - 1475 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 19
Amy’s POV- ‘This mood of yours is temporary.’
“So I was thinking that maybe you and Frank might want to come into Portsmouth with me and Mikey on Saturday. We could grab a bite to eat and then go bowling or watch a film or something. Or maybe the other way around if that would make things to late.”
“One problem” I say, stopping Charli before she went into full excited babble mode, a skill I’d been quick to pick up on in the past two or three weeks of knowing her. If there was a class in it I’d be getting straight A’s. The guys however never seemed to see the warning signs. Charli and Mikey were together now and I’d started hanging out with those guys so me and her had gotten pretty close. We had a lot in common. Trivial stuff like a love for vampire films and books and some more important things like a shared history of self harm. We’d agreed to be each others support network.
“What’s that?” She asks me now. Looking genuinely confused as we make our way to Gerard’s house.
“Me and Frank aren’t dating. So we couldn’t really double date. It would be more you and Mikey making gooey eyes while me and Frank sit there blowing hot and cold and trying to ‘work out our emotions’.” I scowl at this last bit. It bought back bad memories of a particularly painful conversation.
“You could just be unofficial dates for the night. No strings attached.”
“It would never work.” I reply to which she rolls her eyes impatiently. “It wouldn’t! There are always strings.” I start thinking again of that night me and Frank had had ‘The Talk’, the ‘why I can’t be with you’ explanations off him and the ‘why I don’t care’ defences from me even though it was obvious that I did. Then half an hour later him telling me it could work and me saying it wouldn’t as I remember his disappearing act, the night my dad came home really drunk, the one night I really needed him.
“I don’t know where I’m going.” Charli says as we reach a crossways. “Left.” I reply. I could feel the anger seeping into my bones already. It had been happening a lot lately when I thought about Frank. I mean we kissed. I don’t just go around kissing everyone. It kind of meant something. Then he just discards it, then tries to bring it back, then discards it, then tries to bring it back… The truth is he needs to make up his mind.
‘And you need to make up yours.’ a little voice at the back of my head tells me but I push it down. It’s hard enough being mad at Frank over the awkwardness of this situation let alone being p*ssed at myself too.
“So are you up for it?” Charli asks, continuing on from out previous conversation.
“I’ll think about it.”
“It might help you both come to a decision. You know, being in a girlfriend boyfriend situation might make you realise how much you want to get together. Or not.” She adds as an after thought. The annoying thing was that what she was saying made sense.
“So, why aren’t we over at your house today?” She asks me as we take another left and then cross over to take a right down an alleyway.
“We’re having the hall redecorated.” I reply. My stomach starts twisting as I wonder what Frank will be like today. When we’re alone or at school he’s completely different but when he’s with the guys it’s almost like my presence annoys him. Like he has to make a big show out of not being flirty or close to me in anyway at all. Actually scratch that, when Gerard’s around he acts weird. When it’s any of the other guys it’s almost Ok. Just not quite.
“If Frank’s in a semi-decent mood I’ll ask him about Saturday. If not you’ll have to find someone else.”
“Ok, but I want you there… You’re good with the relationship stuff.”
“Only because I’ve been ditched enough to know the warning signs and how to avoid them. Anyway we both know you’ll be fine. You and Mikey never shut up when you’re together.”
“Yeah but-”
“-And when you’re not together you’re talking about each other.” I carry on.
“It’s out first proper date.”
“I’ll try my best.” I sigh. “No promises though.”
“Fine.” She says as we walk up the Way’s front drive and knock on the front door.
“Hey!” Mikey says, coming out to hug Charli, I step around them and find everyone else in the living room.
“Hiya.” I say. Gerard and Bob are getting quite involved in what looks like a Pac-man tournament in the corner on the PC and Frank and Ray are watching the Secret Policeman’s Ball on DVD. This means that no one answers me.
“You alright?” I ask Frank as I sit next to him on the couch. I may as well go for the direct approach.
“Yeah.” He replies distractedly. “Ray this woman’s sh*t skip her.”
“I can’t! I don’t know how to work this thing.” he says, looking at the remote as if it had come down from Mars on a spaceship.
“Here. It’s the same as Tom’s.” I say, holding out a hand for Ray to throw me the remote. He does take the hint and passes it over but it doesn’t land in my hand, it smacks me in the face.
“Ow! Sh*t!” I cry out, tracing my tongue around my moth and tasting blood coming from somewhere.
“I’m really sorry!” Ray says as he rushes over. I pick up the remote and skip the cr*p woman. Her voice wasn’t making this situation any better.
“You lip’s swelling up.” Frank says looking concerned. I suppose this was a good day… “Here come up to the bathroom with me and I’ll sort you out.” Frank says, at any other time I’d have made a quick remark back to him about whether that was a threat or a promise but my lip was beginning to really throb now. Gerard and Bob are looking over now, finally distracted from Pac-man and Mikey and Charlie have finally made it inside.
“What the hell?” Charli asks when she sees me.
“Neber gib Ray the remote.” I reply, Ok my lip was really swollen.
I follow Frank up the stairs to the bathroom. I’d only been to Gerard and Mikey’s house once before so I didn’t really know where anything was. Rank hold a door open for me at the end of the landing, I walk in, look in the mirror, and scream.
“It’s not that bad.” Frank tries to reassure me although he doesn’t look all that convinced himself.
“I look like I have a grape growing inside my lip.” I reply. There was quite a deep cut and it was swelling rapidly around it. It was starting to really throb now. For some reason I felt the need to cry.
“You Ok?” Frank asks me. Obviously sensing my sudden tearfulness.
“No. I look like a thug.” I say and then really do cry. Frank steps forward and hugs me telling me I look fine and that it’s nothing to worry about. “I’ll always thing you’re beautiful no matter what Ray does to mutilate you.”
“Really?”
“Really.” He says and then before I can take time to register what is happening he’s leaning down and our faces are millimetres away from each others and his lips are- “Holy mother of God!” I cry. “Ok, that hurt.” I add. Raising some cold, wet tissue to my lip again.
“Sorry.”
“No worries.” I may as well ask him now. “Charli wanted us to kind of double date with her and Mikey this Saturday, I mean just as mates, it doesn’t have to mean anything. She just thinks it will be fun.
“Just as mates?”
“Well yeah…”
“Sounds like a plan.” He smiles at me then leads me back downstairs with tissue still clutched to my face, wondering why I was so disappointed that he hadn’t suggested that we go as proper dates when half an hour ago just mere thoughts of the boy made my blood boil.
Also mentally cursing Ray for maiming my lip so that I couldn’t kiss Frank back in the bathroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story