Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 20

by x_Charlie_x 0 reviews

Part 20. a bit of a filler part. re-read it and see how many times i say the word 'muffin'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-12 - Updated: 2007-09-12 - 1083 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 20
Amy’s POV- ‘Like star-crossed lovers when we fight.’
Saturday arrived quicker that it should have been possible to it to do so. That Friday evening Frank had come round for some science revision and we’d had fun but got a lot done too. After the little incident with the remote things seemed easier and more relaxed between us. Although I’m not sure if that had been because of his obvious display of concern for me in front of everyone or the fact that we’d almost kissed. Still I’m glad we’re back to being mates again.
My lip’s gone down a lot but it’s still noticeable. Fran had tried to convince me it wasn’t last night but then proceeded to inform me that all his mates now thought I’d been in a fight with 3 other girls and won. Supposedly they’d come to this conclusion with no help from Frank but I doubt it highly. He’s being great though, considering how often I would tell him he looked like a skank when he got beaten up by Tom.
I look at my clock. 10:50. I decide to have a shower, walk down to the corner shop, walk back, bake muffins and then get ready to go. Gerard was collecting me and Frank from mine at 5. He had gotten his first car last week and was taking huge pleasure in escorting everyone everywhere. We were taking huge pleasure in taking advantage of this until the novelty wore off.
Hauling myself out of bed I grab a towel from my radiator and stumble to the bathroom. Soon enough I’m feeling the hot water beat down on me and breathing in the steamy air. I close my eyes and relax. I love showers.
I get out, get dried, grab a cereal bar to shut Bob up and walk the 5 minute walk to the nearby corner shop. I buy a copy of Kerrang! purely for the Madina Lake poster and some baking powder (for the muffins) then set off home pleased with the way the day has gone so far, i.e. with out any drastic problems.
I walk in the front door swinging my carrier bag and humming because I’m a bit odd like that to be greeted by the scene of Frank hanging from Bob’s shoulders piggyback style as Bob tries to get him off. Frank is giggling manically and Bob is, well Bob.
“Erm. I’m back.” I say, Bob turns to face me looking relieved.
“Take this idiot away from me please?” he begs. I smirk, Frank’s now trying to look as angelic as possible from his vantage point on Bob’s back.
“Fine. Frank come make muffins.” I say, he jumps down and follows me into the kitchen after a quick “I’m not short.” to Bob.
“You really need to stop getting so het up about your height.” I inform him as I get all the ingredients and equipment out and lay them out neatly on the side. “I mean it’s slightly offensive to us people who are even shorter than you.”
“Like you you mean?” he smirks, crossing over to stand next to me in the kitchen so he can reinforce that point.
“Yeah like me, b*tch.” I reply then set about making the muffins.
Within two minutes I realise that I should have left Frank on Bob’s shoulders. There is flour everywhere from where he’d tried to sieve it and there is an unpleasant stench coming from the butter he’s supposed to be melting on the stove. “Erm Amy? I think I burnt it.” He says, looking over to where I’m trying to make sense of the havoc he had created. I walk over to where he is stirring melted butter manically as if it would somehow ‘unburn’ it. I pick the saucepan up and pour the contents away, replacing it with some fresh stuff and instructing Frank to whisk the milk, sugar vanilla essence and eggs together carefully even though it didn’t really need doing yet. It was like cooking with a 3 year old.
Eventually the muffin batter somehow makes it into their cases and U put them in the oven, not trusting Frank to do so without dropping them all over the floor. Then we sit on the floor in the kitchen with the bowl between us, eating the left over mixture like little kids.
“Muffin batter is so much better than cake mix.” I state randomly.
“Mm.” he agrees, sucking mixture from his finger. “Oh your lips looks better today by the way.” He adds once he’s removed his finger from his mouth and can manage normal speech again.
“You’ve said that everyday since it happened.”
“That’s coz it has got better everyday since it happened.”
“I’m actually going to kill Ray.”
“Just coz you couldn’t kiss me.” He says with a grin. I roll my eyes then scoop some batter onto my finger and wipe it off onto his nose. He sits in shock for about 2 seconds before grabbing the bowl, pinning me to the floor and proceeding to put muffin batter over my face war paint style.
“Argh! Frank! I just had a shower!” I try to hold his arms away from me by grabbing his wrists but he’s a lot stronger than me and tries to give me muffin batter lipstick.
“Frank I’m going to bite you- watch my cut!”
“Oh yeah.” He says with a disbelieving look, ignoring my last warning.
“Yeah.” I reply, my legs are starting to go dead now from the weight of Frank sitting on them. “Let me up?” I ask hoping he would do this the easy way.
“What’s it worth?”
“I’ll buy you popcorn tonight?”
“Deal.” He agrees, holding out a hand so we could shake on it. I grab it then scream as it is covered in muffin batter.
“Frank!”
“You love it.”
“No, I really don’t.” I reply, getting up and going to the sink to wash off and wash up. Frank follows me and cleans his hands and his nose. I smile to myself as he goes to check on the muffins. Maybe tonight would be alright after all. I’d had my reservations but no it seemed like it would go alright. In fact I was quite looking forward to it.
Sign up to rate and review this story