Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of it Yet

by killxsmile 3 reviews

fireworks. literally.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-09-09 - Updated: 2007-09-09 - 925 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Infinite apologies for the lack of updates. School started, and life's been HECTIC. My scheduling drama got cleared up, and I get to take biology next year. To fill my 3rd period, I got placed in computer programming. My teacher has lots of tattoos (full sleeves), a nerf rocket launcher and a kickass sense of humor, so class is always a riot.

Anyways, big, BIG thanks go out to:
i_heart_cliches
jewsicax
kissbetweenstars
ryanrossISsove
dflip07
ssketchator
this_girl_was

they pwn.

---
Chapter Twenty-Six: There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of it Yet

I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it.
-Panic! At the Disco

---
Emi's POV

"We have to do something for the 4th of July," Nick said.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Tyson asked, looking at me.
"It Ends Tonight video, minus the cameras."
"See, this is why Em is my favorite." He pulled me onto his lap as Chris typed away on the laptop.

"According to Mapquest, the closest fireworks place is 5 miles from here."
"So what are we waiting for?"

While Nick got into the driver's seat of the bus, Tyson pulled out his phone and informed everyone else of our impromptu fireworks party.

After buying a bunch of explosives, we headed to an abandoned lot that was conveniently down the street.

Nick parked the bus while Chris, Tyson and Mike rounded up all the fireworks. Christina and I headed toward the back and gathered together all the lighters, lighter fluid and empty bottles.

Making our way off the bus, we saw Gym Class already waiting.

"Where are Patrick and them?" I asked.
"We're right here," he said, coming up from behind. "Pete decided to pick up some fireworks of his own."

Surely enough, Pete and Dirty were trailing behind Andy and Joe, each carrying a huge box.

"Sweet," I said looking at our combined supply of explosives. "We can do some serious damage with these."

Christina and I handed out the lighters and everyone took their share of fireworks. Tyson and I took turns throwing packs of ninjas at each other's feet while Travis and Matt ran around with sparklers their mouths. Pete and Dirty were aiming roman candles at Charlie, and everyone else was taking part in bottle rocket races.

After we both went temporarily deaf, we decided to switch up our plans. He walked up to one of the boxes and tossed a roman candle my way, then grabbed one for himself.

"Are your ears still ringing?" I asked.
"What?"
"ARE YOUR EARS STILL RINGING?"
"Yeah!" he yelled. "Yours?"
"Same!"
"We should probably wait until it stops before lighting these!"
"Okay!"

We took seats on the pavement, and watched as bottle rockets lit up our corner of the sky.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" I asked, waiting for the sizzle-pop of another rocket.
"Yeah," he replied, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

We sat there for a few minutes, observing everyone else as our ears returned to their non-ringing state. Tyson got up first, then helped me up.

We lit the fuses and held our hands over our heads, pointing the roman candles toward the moon.

He wrapped his free arm around my waist, pulling me closer as we waited for the bursts of light to shoot out.

"Em?" he asked.
"Yeah, Ty?" As I turned to face him, he leaned down and kissed me. My brain told me to pull away, but the feeling of his lips against mine was overriding the fact that we were still holding fireworks. I tried concentrating on holding my right arm up, but I found that it was a complicated task when my left arm was busy massaging the back of his neck and my lips had a mind of their own.

POP! POP! POP!

The sound of ninjas at our feet caused Tyson and I to jump away from each other.

"HOLY SHIT!" I said. We ran a few feet back and wondered where the fuck they came from.

"SORRY!" Pete yelled, over the noise.
"Em, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" he asked, glancing over to me.
"Yep."

Smiling, we pointed the roman candles toward Pete.

---
Pete's POV

"Haha, that wasn't an accident, was it?" Dirty asked.
"Nope," I said, smirking as Tyson and Emi broke apart.

"SORRY!" I yelled as they looked around. Before I even had the chance to bask in how funny it was, they were both aiming fireworks at me.

"Oh fuck!" I said, taking cover behind Dirty.
"Hey, I'm not your human shield!" he said, spinning around.
"Yes you are!" I said, spinning around again.

This process repeated a few more times before I had noticed that we weren't under fire anymore.

"Nice dancing," Emi said, letting out a chuckle. Blood rushed to my cheeks while Dirty took a bow.

After having a good laugh, Tyson whispered something in her ear. She chuckled as he slipped his hand into hers.

"Guys, we're gonna get more lighters!," she yelled before they headed to the bus, hand in hand.

"Boss man, you okay?" Dirty asked. "You've got a deathgrip on that smoke bomb."
"Huh?" I looked down and released the tiny sphere from my hand. Upon inspection of my hand, I noticed 4 crescent marks on my palm. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Tyson can do whatever he wants with whoever he wants...
So why do I care if that person is Emi?

---

Do your part in ispiring me to write.
Review, yo.
Sign up to rate and review this story