Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Forbidden Love

Bone on Water

by Shank 0 reviews

Both the water manipulation clan and Kayuga clan have been bought against each other and stand off as enemy's. Will both clans fight out their fued along the river that serperated them?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-09-09 - Updated: 2007-09-09 - 1090 words - Complete

0Unrated
The sound of the river was calming in between the two fugitive clans and the tense feelings stemming from both. The two most powerful clans in the Water Country had been bought together by a force unknown and their survival was being put to the test because of it. Fish swam freely along the water until they were scared away by someone walking across the surface of the water. The fishes were all congregated on the other side where another person was on the water, but seemed to be at one with the river and the fishes within it.
Shinjou watched as Mitsuko was one with the water and approached her, “Hi.” He said nervously, which she replied to back. It was awkward this time for some reason, both realising they were interested in each other and knowing they shouldn’t have been meeting, but still finding themselves drawn together but unfortunately having nothing to say. As the two stood on the river, Shinjou walked forward and put his arm on her shoulder, but this was as close as he would get.
Some water rose from the river behind Shinjou and shaped themselves as sharp needles. They were fired at Shinjou’s blind spot and didn’t have enough time to move out of the way. A rush of wind was felt on the back of Shinjou’s back and he saw it was Kaguya Karada had come to save him. He was able to block the needles with his bones which stuck out of his arms like frightening armour. The water needles rebounded off the bone and splashed away leaving Karada ready for another attack. A ninja came out of hiding from the other clan and put his hand around Mitsuko. “Aisu, what are you doing here?”
“Watching over your safety that you don’t have regard for.” He turned to Shinjou and Karada, “Don’t mess with anyone from our clan.” Shinjou stood up and Karada moved in front to shield him, “I believe you should follow that yourself seeing as though you attacked our ninja first.” All the ninjas on the river retreated back to their camps, keeping their eyes on each other until they lost sight in the trees.
Back at the camps, numbers and weapons were gathered immediately. There was no strategy, but they were ready to fight. Both clans took their ninjas together down to the edge of the river where they stood off against each other. The Kaguya clan knew who they were now and fighting them by the water would be a bad idea for them. They needed to hold off any conflict for now until they could get to an area with as little water as possible. The other clan as well realised the water would advantage them, but hadn’t had any experience with the advanced bloodline ability of the Kaguya clan and how to get passed it.
With all of these in mind, the air was intense. There was little movement, knowing it could be the one that sets off a bloody battle between the two clans. Then from the Kaguya side, a ninja rushed past them all and stood in the middle of the river. Kaguya Shinjou stood bravely with his back to his enemy clan and raised his hands in the air, “Please do not do this. We have no reason to fight. We are the strongest clans in the Water Country, why should we turn on each other? Mitsuko, please come and stand with me.”
Mitsuko who had come along with the ninjas stepped forward but was halted by the raised arm of her father who was head of the clan. She didn’t like leaving Shinjou by himself, but she had to obey her father.
Once Shinjou realised she wasn’t coming, he lowered his hands and also his guard. This was a bad mistake and a ninja rushed towards Shinjou’s back with his kunai drawn ready for a kill. Shinjou turned to see his attacker coming but didn’t care if he was killed anymore. It wasn’t his choice this time though as Kaguya Karada saved him again. Karada came in and stopped the attacker on the spot with his own kunai drawn and holding Aisu’s kunai. “You again?” Karada said as he held Aisu’s force against his own. “I will enjoy killing you.” Aisu replied.
Both Karada and Aisu had their own advantages as Karada sprouted bones from his free hand to use, Aisu moved the water around and formed a wave to knock Karada off his feet. The Kaguya clan member saw this coming though and leaped back taking Shinjou with him. All of this was exactly what Aisu wanted who had formed a water prison behind Karada and was going to capture him within it. He had no chance of avoiding it, but was saved by Kaguya Yoshiro who knew what was happening and broke apart the water prison with his arm bones before Karada could be imprisoned within it but unfortunately taking a hail of water needles to his body that was formed by Aisu. Karada was saved and also saw an opening and fired his fingertip bones as deadly projectiles which Aisu wasn’t able to react to. Takashi of their clan leaped in front, saving Aisu but himself being killed as well due to the Kaguya’s attack.
Both clans were really ready to fight now as they had both just suffered a death at the hands of the opposite clans. Once again, the head of each clan stepped forward, meeting each other in the middle of the river that separated them both. Kaguya Shinjou watched as his father, Kaguya Shigai approached Mitsuko’s father, Mizu in the river. They were not afraid as it would be dishonourable to kill the other in this manner. Shigai spoke first, “Let us not fight now but I believe we will most likely end up on a battlefield.”
“Most likely. What should we do about our children?”
“They cannot see each other. That is obvious. But what should we do if members of our clans happen to cross each others path?”
“I believe we do not attack each others encampments and draw in women and children to our feud, but if we cross each others path elsewhere than let us fight.”
“So be it.” They turned from each other and all withdrew back to their camps, ready to raise quality and quantity of their defences and scouts.
Sign up to rate and review this story