Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Forbidden Love

The brink of War

by Shank 0 reviews

The undying love for the kaguya clan member and the water manipulation clan member has finally bought deaths from both sides.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-09-11 - Updated: 2007-09-12 - 844 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was a cold quiet night in the Water country. For both the water manipulation clan and the Kaguya clan, things were too quiet. The air had been tense for a few days following the outbreak last time and they were intent on remaining where they were. A couple of kilometres away, some trees rustled and Kaguya Shinjou came out of his hiding place. In front of him, some bushes also rustled but Shinjou wasn’t scared as he knew it was Mitsuko, once again meeting him. They had been closely watched for a few days and Shinjou had been successful in being able to set this meeting up.
When they had last met a few days ago, Shinjou knew there was someone from Mitsuko’s clan watching him, when he placed his hand on her shoulder, he had also slipped in a piece of parchment with the message to meet here at this time without anybody realising it. Mitsuko seemed worried, “We can not keep doing this, because it puts ours and our clans’ lives at risk.”
“I know.” They both leapt into a nearby tree and stayed up all night, talking and laughing and all their troubles for that night were melted away. When morning came around, they left each other once more, wanting to meet at this part again in a couple of days.


Kaguya Karada laughed with his fellow ninjas as they carried their kills back to the camp to begin cooking for dinner. They had been quite successful in gathering quite a lot of meat for a good feast tonight, but thinking of other things let their guard down, only for a second, but it was enough to cost most of them their lives. Kunai came flying down from the trees around them, keeping the ninjas concealed within the branches and leaves. All the Kaguya clan members squashed together in a formation but this was intended by their enemies’. They now stood in a rather big puddle of water and by the time Kaguya Karada realised what was going on, the puddle had iced over trapping them all in place. Karada was getting his adrenaline pumped up and was easily able to escape by unleashing his leg and foot bones to crack and remove the ice shackles. His team mates hadn’t been so quick to react and were caught up and attacks from the ninjas that came from the trees. Karada was able to fight a few off, even manage to kill a couple, but he had to retreat, leaving his dead friends behind.

At the very same time in another part of the woods, Aisu was escorting some of his clan members to check the area and make sure there was no attack present. They hadn’t needed too many as they were near water and believed it would be their saviour if anything were to arise. Unfortunately, the scouting Kaguya team didn’t give them enough time to prepare or even think. Only Aisu was able to keep his cool as bone bearing warriors sprung from the bushes at an alarming speed swiping, slashing and stabbing to take out all of the clan before they knew what had even happened. Aisu was fighting off one member when he was stabbed from behind. He looked down at the bone which had come straight through his torso, but didn’t cry in pain or anything. He splashed away, revealing his form as a water clone and being able to use this distraction to get himself back to his own camp.


Kaguya Shinjou and Mitsuko were once again meeting together when they both had bad feelings. Both also saw distress signs from their camps for them to return immediately. They knew this wasn’t going to be good but they had to go and left each other. Kaguya Shinjou darted through the bushes, slicing through trees and jumping over obstacles.
He finally got back to his camp to see his dad waiting for him with an angry look on his face. Shinjou wasn’t prepared for his dad to rush in and attack him. He wasn’t coming to hurt him but keep him there, he had to be held for his and the clans safety. Shinjou found himself stuck to a tree, with both arms out and his fathers arm bones holding him in place being stuck through each of his arms. “Father you cannot fight this. Please.”
“You cannot jeopardise our clan for this woman Shinjou.”
“If you leave me I will be able to get out of this.”
“I know.” Kaguya Shigai reached into his belt and bought out a pill and shoved it into Shinjou’s mouth. “This will keep you here.” Shinjou immediately began to feel the effects, he felt groggy and his vision got blurry, he didn’t know if he was even alive anymore and lost consciousness.
The Kaguya clan left him there to go to a battlefield that would have as little water as possible leaving Shinjou stuck to the tree.
Sign up to rate and review this story