Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > After the Battle but not the End of the War

After the Battle but not the End of the War

by keyblader_twilight 0 reviews

Sora, Riku and Kairi have all returned home but find a shocking surprise when they get there. Their parents have moved to a bigger city, one without a playful island, a secret place, and their chil...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Sora,Riku,Kairi - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-09-10 - Updated: 2007-09-10 - 797 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1: Changes at Home

A brown-haired boy leaned agianst a paupu tree, looking out towards the sunset. His silver-haired best friend sat on the tree, also gazing into the distance.

"Nothing's changed, huh?" the second boy asked.

"Nop. Nothing will," replied his friend. He looked up at the silver-haired boy. "Hey riku. What do you think it was? The Door to the Light?"

Riku chuckled and jumped down form the tree. "This," he said, pointing o the brunette's heart.

The boy put a hand to his chest. "This?"

"Yeah. It's always closer than you think." The brunette smiled.

"Sora! Riku!" A girl's voice called. A girl with red hair that fell to her shoulders came running towards them, a bottle in her hand.

"Hey, what's up?" Sora asked, looking at her.

The girl looked up. "Look," she showed them the bottle. It had a letter inside with the mark in the shape of a mouse.

"The King?" Sora asked, grabbing it. He opened the bottle and pulled the letter out. Riku stood at his right and the girl, Kairi, at his left. The three read the letter.

Dear Sora, Riku and Kairi,

How are ya fellas? I hope you'll enjoy being back home. Donald, Goofy and I are sure glad to be back at Disney Castle. Mind you, Minney gave me such a talking to for being away with no notice and no letters.


The trio laughed at the King's words and continued on.

But to the more serious stuff. So far, we haven't had any odd things happen but that isn't a reason to get careless. Don't worry though. If things get bad, we'll make sure to call the three of you in to clean things up. So enjoy being home and whatever you do, don't do anything stupid. That would be like getting lost (Sora), leaving (Riku) or trying to do things that your friends are doing (Kairi). Other than that, see ya fellas later!

Your friend and fellow keyblade master,
King Mickey Mouse the XVII


The three looked at each other. Sora and Kairi burst into laughter and even Rikugave a chuckle or two. "Well, you heard the King," Sora started, folding the letter into on eof his many pockets. "We have to enjoy ourselves! That sounds like a much better mission than defeating heartless," he said, excited.

Kairi and Riku nodded in agreement. "Sounds like a good plan, Sora but there's just one problem," Riku stated and Sora looked around at him. "What are we supposed to tell our parents? I mean, we can't just tell them that for almost two years, you've been fighting heartless and other bad guys while I've been trying to prevent the spread of darkness. That wouldn't be good."

"Hmm...you've got a point. We'll just have to make it up as we go then!" Sora exclaimed and ran off to get to the mainland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trio landed their boats on the beach and looked around. Nothing had changed since they were last there. They walked up to the path to their homes.

"Sora? Riku? Kairi?" Three voices called to them. Two boys and a girl came running up almost knocking them over.

Sora gasped through the hugs. "Selphie? Tidus? Wakka?"

"Hey man! How's it goin'?" This was obviously Wakka who was ruffling Sora's hair.

"Were've you guys been off to?" Tidus asked, loudly, an arm around Kairi.

"We've missed you sooooo much!" Selphie said, hugging Riku very hard.

Riku pushed her back, gently. "We've been...away," he said, looking at Sora for a little help.

Sora nodded but smiled. "Yeah. We travelled around for a bit, since we couldn't get back home."

They were lieing, big time. True they 'travelled around' and they had been 'away'. Also true they couldn't come home since Sora was asleep and had to defeat heartless and Riku was busy doing his own things.

"Where are our parents?" Kairi asked, looking around.

"Oh...uh...well we aren't really sure how to you this but here goes," tidus started and gulped. "They moved."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Moved?" Sora choked out.

Riku was a little more calm but not by much. "Where?"

Wakka sighed. "You know that city, Fate?" The other three nodded. "Well, that's where they moved to."

"When did this happen?" Kairi asked since she was only gone for a month.

"Well, they figured it would be better to get away from where you guys disappeared seeing as it was affecting them so hard," Selphie continued. Sora's eyes started to water. Kairi was already in teers and Riku's eyes were fixed on the ground.

Riku looked up after two minutes of silence. "We have to get to Fate," he said and the others nodded.

Half an hour later they were riding a bus to Fate...
Sign up to rate and review this story