Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > After the Battle but not the End of the War

Fate

by keyblader_twilight 0 reviews

Sora, Riku and Kairi arrive in the capital city, Fate and addapt to the changes their parents have decided for them to go through. But first...they have to explain where they've been...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Sora,Riku,Kairi - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-09-11 - Updated: 2007-09-12 - 2468 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Fate

Through the hour long bus ride, the three didn't talk. Seeing as there were other people on the bus and all their conversations were on what had happenned to them in the past two years, they couldn't really start talking about other worlds.

The bus came to a stop around 60 minutes later. The trio exited the bus, looking around. The city was pretty big. There were a couple big buildings but nothing overly huge. If they had to guess it had a population of around 60,000 which seems like a lot when Destiny Islands only had around 500 and everyone knew each other.

Sora sighed, putting his hands behind his head. "Well, where should we start?" he asked, his cheesy smile on his face.

Riku shrugged. "No idea. I've only been to Fate a couple of times amd I have no idea where our parents could be."

Kairi nodded and was about to say something when an adult voice called to them. "Hey, you kids!" The three whipped around to see a police officer coming there way. Uh-oh. They would be finished before they even began. "Can you tell me why you three aren't at school?" he asked, stopping in front of them, looking professional.

"We were just...uh..." Sora started and turned to Riku and Kairi for help.

"Sorry officer. We're new to the city and didn't know much. We just got here a couple of hours ago, actually and are helping our parents move in. We were going for a walk when we got a little lost. Could you help us get back home?" Kairi asked in her sweetest voice.

The officer puffed his chest out importantly. "Of course. Hop in my car and I'll drive you there," he told them and lead them back to where his police car was.

The three hopped in the back while the officer drove. "By the way, my name's Officer Halpern," he added as he started the car.

"I'm So-" he started when Riku nudged him, giving him a look that said 'don't use real names'. "Seth. And these are my friends, Rick and Kera," he said, making it up as he went. Kairi rolled her eyes.

The car started to drive down the main street. "Do you guys remember where your house is?" Officer Halpern asked, while he was driving.

Sora, Riku and Kairi looked at each other. "Um...wait! I think that was it!" he said sudennly and the car slowed down. Riku and Kairi looked at him, completely lost.

The trio got out of the car, waving bye to the policeman and started to walk toward where Sora said to stop. "What's up, Sora?" Riku asked as they walked.

Sora didn't answer but stopped in front of a house. "Look," he whispered, barely breathing.

"Hey, Sora? Isn't that your mom?" Kairi almost screamed. Sora nodded and ran up tot he house but stopped at the door.

"Uh...should I knock?" He asked, a little embarassed and nervous. Riku nodded and knocked for him since Sora looked incapable of doing anything.

The door swung open and a girl screamed and Sora was hugged by his mom. "Sora? Sora! Is that really you? You're alive! I can't believe it! Look at how you've grown! You even have a bit of muscle to go with those wierd shoes you wear!"

Sora's eyes were wtaering as he hugged his mom back. "I missed you to, mom. And we've been through this, they're not that big!" he said through laughter.

Sora's mom backed up and saw Kairi and Riku. "Riku? Well, you've certaintly grown more than I last saw you." Riku could only give a weak smile. If this was how Sora's mom reacted, how would his mom act? "Well, come in, the three of you. You must tell me where you've been!" she exclaimed, ushering them in.

Her house looked almost the same as it did in Destiny Islands. The walls were coloured a cream colour and there was only one floor with a basement. They walked into the kitchen and sat down, looking around.

Sora's mom sat across from them. "Well then? Where have you two been?"

Sora looked at Riku. His eyes were fixed on the ground. "We've been...away, mom. It's a really really really long story." Sora's mom gave him a look of confusion. "Well, I guess I'd better start from the beginning." And so for the next three hours they talked about most of the adventures they went through. They were careful to leave out anything about Riku giving into the darkness and anything that mught indicate them being in extreme danger. So mostly they just talked about how they travelled from world to world looking for home.

Sora's mom took it pretty good. When Kairi came home after Xehanort's heartless had tried to take Kingdom Hearts, she told their parents about the other worlds so that saved some time. Of course they didn't talk much aobut Castle Oblivion, since Sora didn't remember when Namine rearranged his memories. Riku did remember but the only perosn that knew what happenned there was himself and the King.

When they finished, Sora's mom sighed. "Well, it sounds as though you two had quite the adventure. Riku, Kairi, you should probably get home to your parents. Riku is three doors down and Kairi around the corner." The other two nodded and turned to go.

"Bye guys. Hope everything works out well," Sora called as they left, a big smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riku walked towards his house, looking behind him to see Kairi walked the other way. She gave a weak wave to him and ran off to her house. Riku sighed. This was going to be hard.

He wakled up to his house, took a breath and knocked on the door. "Coming!" A woman voice shouted in a sing-song tone. Riku held in his groan. That meant that his mother was still the same shrill girly-preppy thing that he somehow loved. He sometimes wondered why his biological father and her ever ended up together, if only for a short time and it was no wonder why he left before Riku was born. Since that time 16 years ago, his mother went out with another guy, Mizu. He was okay in Riku's opinion. Nothing really special but a good guy. Still, it wouldn't hurt to know who his real father was. Whenever he talked about two years ago, his mother just said that she didn't remember.

Riku waited patiantly at the door, knowing his mother would just jump on him anyway and he could wait on that. The door flew open and another scream followed. "Riku! What are you doing here? I thought you were dead," there was a long pause. "What have you done young man!?! No letter! No telling me you were okay! I've been worried sick! Have you sene Sora's mother and Kairi's! They have been as worried as I have. I ohpe you have a good reason for not writting!" she scolded.

Riku winced. Great. He'd only been home for a minute and already he was in trouble. Sora probably got in no trouble. "I've been...unable to write to you because I was...uh...on other worlds and you know, the postal service doesn't quite go that far," he said, hoping it would cut it.

It didn't. His mom grabbed him, shutting the door behind him and dragginh im into the living room. She pushed him down on the couch and sat across from him. "Well? You had better have a good story."

Riku started, telling pretty much the same thing they told Sora's mom. It worked perfectly, thank Kingdom Hearts. After he was done, he looked at the clock. 11:00pm. It was getting late. Not that he mind that much. Lately his nightmares were alot worse than being awake but he couldn't let his mom know that.

"Hey mom? Can I go to bed? I'm really tired," he said, giving a convincing yawn.

His mother nodded. "Alright. Well, tomorrow I'll have some things planned for you. For now, get some sleep. I saved a room for you upstairs in case you came back. I hope you don't mind it."

Riku smiled at her. "It's fine, mom. Thanks," he got up and went upstairs, giving her one last glance before going up to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Riku awoke, breathing hard. He'd had more nightmares. Again. They never seemed to stop but they've been a little better since he was back to his normal appearance. Still, a little wasn't very much in his books.

He went downstairs, yawning, to see his mom making bacon and eggs for breakfast. He sat down, exhausted when his mother spoke. "We've decided to send you to school."

Riku was immediatly awake. "What?"

"School, Riku. Where you learn things."

I know what school is, he said to himself. "But why?"

His mother put food on a plate for him. "Well, it seems like you got no learning while you were travelling and I would like you to get a high-paying job and the only way to do that is for you to go to school. Don't worry, you'll be in the same classes as Sora and Kairi," she added hoping it would help.

School? Did learning never to give into the darkness, how to fight millions of heartless and evil rulers count for nothing here? If they were at Disney Castle, they'd be having fun and doing things with the King and the others. Riku tried to rmember the note. No leaving. It was hard but Mickey always ahd his best interests at heart so Riku just nodded. "Alright then," he said, grudily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Half an hour later, he met up with Sora and Kairi at the corner to walk to school. Thankfully, the school didn't have uniforms so they oculd dress how they wanted to. Sora seemed to become attatched to his many pocket pants so he wore those and his shirt. Kairi, a pink skirt and white top with a pink vest over top. Riku was wearing his usual, blue pants with a black shirt and yellow and white vest.

The three friends started to walk towards the school. It was a bright sunny day so it was an ok walk. Since it was the first day of school for everyone, they would stand too out of place. (Meaning it's around September 5. That's when my school starts.)

"So, how was your family, Kairi?" Sora asked, looking at her.

Kairi shrugged. "Fine. They knew that I was probably away agianso it wasn't too bad. How about you, Riku?"

Riku rolled his eyes. "Well, my mom's the same as ever. I don't think she believed parts of my story though," he added with a smirk.

Sora nodded. "Did you tell them about...you know," he didn't finish that sentence because another group of teens walked by them.

"No." Riku shook his head and lowered his voice. "But can you imagine that conversation, 'Oh yeah mum. I joined some wacked witch to get back Kairi's heart but it didn't work out well and I ended up being pocessed, locked in Kingdom Hearts and turned into my worst enemy. Pass the salt.'" All three of them laughed at this. The idea of talking about heartless or Organization XIII at the dinner table was commical.

They approached the school, a little nervous. It was a typical school with red brick walls and a set of double doors were at the front. In huge letters above the door it read: Fate High.

They wlaked in and found their homeroom class no problem and walked inside. It was filled with your typical highschool students. There were a group of girls in the corner talking about boys and cheerleading. A group of boys in another corner, all wearing football jerseys. A couple people were in the middle of the room, all with books, ready to go. And there were a few people sitting down but the majority were standing up talking.

Sora, Riku and Kairi took seats at the far back, much to the looks of the girls who were eyeing Riku. Sora chuckled as he sat down. "Why is it the girls always want a guy with long silver hair?"

Riku smiled. "Well, it must be because it makes me look alot tougher than oyur clown feet," he joked.

Sora laughed and then stopped. "Hey wait! That wasn't funny!" he said, looking hurt but had a smile.

The bell rang and everyone took there seats. A teacher came around, passing out timetables. By some magic luck, Sora and Riku ended up in the same classes but Kairi had to do girl's gym. They looked at thier timetables to see that the schedual was: 1. Math 2. Gym 3. History 4. Geography 5. English

It looked easy but it was far from that. The bell rang for them to go to their first class, math. Sora and Riku sat in the back but Kairi refused to sit was back there so she sat in the second row. When the teacher went up to the front to start the lesson, Sora almost laughed. He'd been accustommed to seeing the wierdest things during his travels so a normal looking person in work clothes was kinda funny. When the lesson started, they discovered their teacher was monotoned. Great.

Beside him, Riku was doodling on a piece of paper. He sighed, and grabbed another piece since the other one was covered.

Hey, Sora. This sucks! He wrote.

I know.

Why do we even have to come here?

My mom told me that it's to furthur our education.

I mean, why don't we just leave? I mean, we have all the education we need from fighting heartless. We know how to survive better than any of these losers.

Riku! You heard the King: No leaving! Mind you, we could probably beat any one of these guys. I can't wait till gym!

I just wish we could use our powers.

You heard the King...

I know. I know. But still, the heartless won't be held back forver. The darkness doesn't give up easily.

I know.

Do you? Do you really? Sometimes Sora I wonder if you really understand the Twilight and the Darkness.

Hey! I'm smart.

...what? Sora is smart? I'm sorry but using those three words in a sentence is illegal.

That wasn't nice Riku.

Sure it was. To me. Just kidding Sora. Calm down. I thought I saw your paper catch fire a bit.

What? Hey you tricked me!

No kidding. Anyway, class is almost over. Gym is next so keep your strength down. We can't seem like suepr-powered freaks on our first day of school. Maybe the second but not the first.

Alright.
Sign up to rate and review this story