Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 14: Poofing Sounds, Hiei, and Fears

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-22 - Updated: 2007-09-23 - 1096 words

0Unrated
A/N: Ugh! waves arms around wildly I'm so sorry about the wait people. Some things came up though, and I wasn't able to update. My normal updating schedule--one a day--should be back on track now though XD Well, read, review, and enjoy! Ja me!

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke’sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

(1) - Onna means woman
(2) - Kisima means bastard
(3) - Ningen means human

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 14
Poofing Sounds, Hiei, and Fears

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few steps away from Suiichi's front door I freeze; I could have sworn I had just heard a poofing sound. I slowly walk back towards the door and reach a hesitant hand towards the doorknob. Just centimeters away from touching it stop and then bring my hand back to my side. A poofing sound? Who am I kidding, I'm probably just really tired and am hallucinating.

I shake my head slightly and shove my hands in my pockets as I start to stride back down Suiichi's front lawn, wanting to get away from the house for some reason. However, just as I start to turn the corner away from the building I stop again and look back.

Had I just heard voices? I wonder... I shake my head again and continue on my way. I must be more exhausted from my training than I had originally thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The next day)

I sigh as I walk over to the big oak tree on the edge of the school grounds. It's lunch but, once again, I find that I'm not hungry. It must be something to do with me being a demon now or something... Oh well.

Upon reaching the tree, I slump against the trunk and slide down to a sitting position on the ground.

"What are you doing onna(1)?"

I jolt slightly and my head jerks upwards to the tree, which is where I had heard the voice coming from. Sitting there in the branches is none other than Hiei.

I blink slightly at this, wondering why I had neither smelt nor heard Hiei before he had spoken. However, I quickly dismissed it as a small mistake on my part.

"Just sitting Sparky," I answer with a grin. Hiei's face immediately slips into a scowl at the "nickname" I had given him.

"Hn," he grunts, but then mutters something under his breath that sounds suspiciously like "baka onna".

I glare up at him, annoyance written clearly on my face.

"What?" Hiei asks, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

I simply continue to glare at him growling, "Goddamned kisima(2)."

"Bitch"

"Asshole"

"Baka"

"Hey Hiei?"

The unexpected end to our "argument" seems to greatly surprise Hiei as he jerks slightly and nearly looses his balance on this branch. I of course grin at this, but make no comment.

"What onna?" he says sharply.

My grin grows slightly before my face grows solemn again, if with a curious edge. "What do you wear a mask?" I ask seriously.

Hiei blinks and nearly looses his balance again. "A mask? What in the seven hells are you talking about?"

"You always have an emotional mask on," I begin, effortlessly jumping into the branches of the oak tree so that I can be eye level with Hiei. "You never show you true emotions."

Hiei blinks again, surprise crossing his face. I can only guess that he is surprised I was able to pick this up. However, he says nothing and his eyes get an unfocused edge to them as he stares off into space, obviously lost in thought.

I take this chance to study him and his features. He's handsome; I'll give him that much. He's the type of person many girls would drool over, especially with his bad-ass attitude. I also notice that he has highly defined muscles and obviously works out.

My eyes wonder up to his hair, his gravity-defying unnaturally spiky black hair. I never noticed before, but it also seems to have a blue outline to it, making it even more defined and...well, different.

At last, my gaze comes to rest on his eyes. They are unlike anything I've ever seen before and are a deep crimson, almost like the color of drying blood. They really seem to pierce the soul... that is when he's actually looking or glaring at you, as he so often does. Now, as he is lost in thought, they have a sad look to them, it's almost a lost look and makes me feel an unfamiliar twinge in my heart as a thought dawns on me.

"What are you so afraid of?" I whisper quietly aloud, but to myself.

However, the spoken thought brings Hiei out of his reverie as he glares at me. "Afraid of? I'm not afraid of anything!" he growls menacingly.

I just give him a small but sad smile and jump out of the tree. Landing gracefully on my feet, I shove my hands in my pockets and begin to walk back towards the school building, letting my thoughts wander off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Hiei's POV)

I continue to glare at Kristy's retreating back, but can't help but feel my gaze soften. She's definitely a different one and is far more observant than any ningen(3) I've met before... Well, except for Kurama of course, but he doesn't really count.

"There you are Hiei," a voice suddenly calls up to me. "I've been looking for you."

I blink and look down, slightly surprised to see Kurama himself standing at the base of the tree.

"Hn, what is it fox?" I ask as I jump out of the branches and land on the ground.

Kurama smiles gently and his eyes slide over my face before he glances back over his shoulder in the direction that the onna, Kristy, had disappeared in.

"She's different," Kurama says softly, his gaze coming back to me. "Jessie and Chris are too..."

"Hn," I grunt indifferently.

Kurama gives me a wry look. "Do you disagree?" he asks.

"...No..." I answer after a moment. "Hn, but she's still a baka onna."

Kurama gives me one of his knowing looks and smiles that I've come to hate so much, "..."

"What did you want fox?" I say a little harshly.

Kurama however, just continues to smile that smile of his and remains silent for a few more moments. "...Come Hiei," he finally says. "The bell will ring soon and we don't want to be late."

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story