Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 15: Video Games, Ferry Girls, and Evil Laughs

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-09-28 - Updated: 2007-09-28 - 1178 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke’sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

(1) - Ookami means wolf
(2) - Youkai means demon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 15
Video Games, Ferry Girls, and Evil Laughs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(That Afternoon)(Kristy's POV)

I sigh and slouch down in my seat, surveying my surroundings. Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Chris are somewhere in this arcade playing video games while Kiara and I are sitting in this booth, relaxing and drinking pop.

'How did I get dragged here?' I ask myself for just about the millionth time. Jessica and Suiichi are off "studying" together, though I have no doubt that they are in fact studying each other's lips but...

Keiko though is in fact actually studying at her own home. I swear it should be illegal to study as much as she does; it's jus not right.

As for Hiei? Well who knows where in hell that little kisama is; I certainly don't know and don't think that anyone ever does... except maybe for the fox...

WAIT! Back up for moment! Why did I just think of Suiichi as a fox? That makes absolutely no sense!

I shake my head slightly to dispel that strange thought. I know that Jason always tells me to trust my instincts, since I'm part ookami(1) youkai(2), but this must just be from tiredness and boredom.

Abruptly I realize that Kiara is staring at me strangely. "What?" I ask.

"You were just shaking you head around like a wet dog," Kiara answers.

My eye twitches and I feel a growl surfacing in my throat. "You exaggerate to much," I say wryly.

Kiara just grins. "Suuuure, whatever you say," she replies.

We both stare at each other for a moment before abruptly breaking out into howling laughter.

...And this is how Chris, Yusuke, and Kuwabara find when they come to the booth a few seconds later. They stand there for a moment and just stare at us.

"...Are you two okay?" Chris finally asks.

"We're-(gasp)-fine, just-(gasp)-fine," I say between gasps as Kiara and I start to laugh even harder. I don't know about Kiara, buy personally, I'm laughing so hard that I even have tears coming out of my eyes.

After a few more minutes, Kiara and I have both calmed down and all five of us are just sitting in the booth.

"What were we laughing at?" I ask as I stare up at the ceiling thoughtfully.

Kiara just shrugs and takes another sip of her pop.

RING! RING!

I jerk slightly and look around for a moment before my eyes finally rest on Yusuke.

"Umm... Yusuke?" I say slowly. "Your pocket's ringing..."

Yusuke blinks and then looks down. "Uh... heh heh, so it is," he says with a grin. "Umm... I'll be right back."

And with that he's off and out of the store. I simply blink at the spot he had been and then blink again when he returns not a second later.

"Sorry, that was a uh... friend..." Yusuke tells us. "And anyways, we got to go Kuwabara."

"But-" Kuwabara starts to protest.

"Now Kuwabara!" Yusuke says through gritted teeth.

I blink for a third time as Yusuke grabs a hold of Kuwabara's arm and yanks him out of the store, half running. Chris and I both stare as the two of them disappear from sight.

"Okay... what just happened?" Chris asks.

Kiara and I shrug.

"They're idiots, what else is there to say?" I comment.

Kiara grins, still looking at the doors that her brother and Kuwabara had gone through. "You know," she says, standing up and slipping out of the booth. "I think I better be getting home now. I'll see you!"

We wave her off as she grins and waves back. As soon as she's gone though, Chris and I exchange puzzled looks.

"Something's up," Chris says.

"Definitely."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Yusuke and Kuwabara)(No One's POV)

"Well?" Yusuke says impatiently to the ferry girl, Botan. "What do you want? We came from the arcade to meet you."

Botan just continues smiling, completely unfazed by Yusuke's rude attitude. "Koenma wanted me to see how you're doing on the case!" she answers.

"Which one?" Kuwabara asks. "Finding those four demons that have been in the human world or about the Kuro-"

"Finding the demons," Botan tells him perkily (Me: -shudders- Oh the perkiness). "So? How is it coming?"

"Well we haven't found them yet if that's what you mean," Yusuke says grumpily. "But Hiei is out right now scanning the city for any abnormal energies."

Botan nods, still smiling. "Well at least you're doing something!" she says.

"Hey!" Yusuke and Kuwabara shout simultaneously. "What's that supposed to mean!"

"Exactly as it sounds," a voice says behind them, surprising everyone and making Kuwabara jump into Yusuke's arms.

"Kiara! Don't do that!" Yusuke yells angrily, immediately dropping Kuwabara and glaring at him, as the baka lays on the ground, only semi-conscious.

"Whatever you say bro," Kiara answers with a grin. "Soooo, what were you guys talking about?"

Yusuke growls again and starts to say something, but Botan perkily steps in, smoothly ignoring Yusuke.

"I was checking up to see how these two and the other of the Reikai Tentai are doing on their mission!" she chirps.

Kiara grins. "That reminds me," she says turning back to her older brother. "Everyday for a while now you've been walking with Jessie, Kristy, and Chris to and from school. Why?"

Yusuke gives a start, "Uh, well..."

"Come on, that's not hard Yusuke!" Kuwabara cries.

Yusuke glares at him and then sighs. "You're right, it's not," he replies, acting serious for one of the first times in his life. "It's just that they're good friends of ours now, even though they have no idea of anything about the Spirit World or who - or what - we are. I would really hate for anything to happen to them with these five demons running around the ningenkai. They're even more so targets because of their connection to us."

Both Botan and Kiara stare at Yusuke's whole attitude on this situation. It is extremely surprising, considering this is Yusuke we're talking about.

"Dear Kami, Yusuke is being serious; it's a sign of the apocalypse!" Kiara breathes, eyes still wide with shock.

Yusuke growls and hits Kiara over the back of the head. "Baka!" he growls out. "This isn't funny! Our friends could very well die if we don't find those four demons soon!"

Kiara immediately sobers up, though is still glaring slightly at Yusuke.

"We know," Botan says gravely, surprising them all with her...unperkyness. "And even though neither Koenma no I have met these friends of yours, we too are working overtime to find these demons so that the entire Ningenkai will be safe. I can only hope that we will be able to complete this mission in time for the Kuro-"

SMASH!

"Botan! Look out!"

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"NO! BOTAN!"

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story