Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tales of A Torn Up Teenager

Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?

by storytimexfanfics 3 reviews

eh, I don't feel like a summary. just read it, k?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-09-23 - Updated: 2007-09-23 - 2305 words

1Exciting
Author's Note- First, I'd like to say that I'm VERY disappointed in you guys. I expected a lot more reveiws. Anyways, here's Chapter 4, this one s pretty long, so be ready!
No reveiw limit, I'll just update when I'mready. But, don;t stop reveiwing, that always quickens my pace ;]
*************************************


My school is stereotype central. Everyone has to fit into a group. It’s just like your classic T.V sitcom high school. You’ve got your Queen bees, Jocks, metal heads, skaters, and everything else that you can think of. If you don’t fit into a “click” then you’re basically an outcast. And that’s what my friends and I are. Outcasts. And that’s the main reason I hate my school. Everyone is so judgmental.

Penny for your thoughts, but a dollar for your insides. Or, a fortune for your disaster
And I’m just a painter and I’m drawing a blank.
I sang to myself Monday during Math.

Ugh. This. Is. So. Boring! I thought to myself as I “wrote down” (doodled) on my notebook.

“Kadence Sholt! Stop daydreaming and pay attention!” my math teacher Mr. Lovesy yelled, pointing his ruler at me.

“Huh…uh.. what?” I stuttered, flipping pages around in my notebook.

“Yes, that’s what I thought. Now, please answer the problem on the board” he said, tapping the ruler on the chalkboard. I squinted my eyes, studying the bored.

This is why I’m never going to be a math teacher, I thought to myself.

“Uhm…” I started, but was saved when the classroom door was slammed open. The room fell completely silent as the principle walk into the room. He was holding a manila filing folder, fiddling with the papers inside.

“We have a new student here at Bishop Gorman High. Mr. Ross? Yes, please come in.” All of out eyes averted to a skinny boy walking into out classroom. His shaggy hair hung in his face, but I could still see clearly who it was.

“Well, hello… Ryan? Ah, yes, please take a seat wherever you like.” He said, returning to the board.

“RYANN!!!!” I yelled in a loud whisper, waving my hand to see where I was. He strolled over to the empty seat next to me.

“Gimme your schedule,” I whispered. He shuffled through is book bag and handed me a crumpled up sheet of paper. I placed little stars next to the classes we had together.

“Ahem,” Mr. Lovesy coughed. Ryan and I looked up to see Mr. Lovesy standing in front of our desks.

“Well, Kadence, since you obviously don’t want to pay attention in my classroom, how’s about you give Ryan here a tour of the building?” he said, motioning his hands to the door.

“Uhm, sure,” I said, grabbing Ryan’s arm. I pulled him out of his seat and out of the classroom faster than Brendon could chug down a Red Bull. And that’s fast.

“God, thank goodness,” I sighed.

“So, where to first?” asked Ryan.

“Hmm, let’s take a stroll down to a lovely little place I like to call, the cafeteria,” I laughed.



I raced out of 7th period to my locker, eager to get my books and go home. I walked over to the water fountain, which was the named spot where I was to wait for the guys and Lucy.

“Hey, Kaddie-Kat! Who’s joint are we trashin’ today?” Jon yelled from behind me.

“Uh, first off, there will be no “joint trashin’, it’s just homework. And, my house, nobody will be home.” I answered, putting my hands in front of me, making sure of keeping an excited Jon off of me.

“Ryan’s coming!!” Spencer announced, grabbing Ryan by the arm. That poor arm of his has been grabbed numerous times today.

“I am?” he asked, shaking his arm to get loose of Spencer’s grasp.

“You are,” Brendon said in a low “sexy” voice.

“Yeah, why not?” I yelled over the commotion of the hallway. We finally made it out of the building and started walking to my house when the person I least wanted to see showed up.

“Hey, everybody, it’s the scene whores. Are ya ‘ll walking to your dark whole to cut yourselves?” Cheerleader Jessica announced to the whole entire student body. Jessica. I couldn’t stand her. She thinks she better than everyone else just because she’s screwed with every guy on the football team, and is Co- captain of the cheer squad. I looked over a Lucy, who’s middle finger was bound to pop up any second. I looked over at Ryan who was just standing there in astonishment. Wanting to impress him, I stepped out of our little “circle” and walked right up to Jessica, making our faces just centimeter apart. I noticed that she was wearing a VERY low rise shirt, showing off her bra and all the fakeness in it. But, I also noticed a little piece of tissue paper poking out of the top of her blouse.

Oh, this is to perfect.

“No, Jessica, we were all headed off to do homework. But, where are you off to? Off to the bathroom to take care of your chest cold, perhaps?” I grabbed onto the piece of tissue and yanked out a wad of toilet paper that was stuffed inside her bra, and violently threw in on the ground for everyone to see.

“I knew those weren’t real!” I heard someone say. The whole school burst into laughter. Even the girls of the cheer squad had trouble stifling there giggles.

“N- No, it’s not what it looks…. KADDIE! YOU’RE SUCH A FREAK!” she screamed in my face.

“Ha, yeah. I am. And you know what? I may just stop being one. But, you will never stop being a stuck up, prude princess!” I yelled, smirking.

“UGH!” she grunted, standing there like an idiot.

“Toodle-loo!” I waved, and skipped off to the rest of the guys. And Lucy.
“KADDIE! KADDIE! KADDIE” everyone chanted.

Oh yeah, this feels good.

I walked back to the rest of the guys (including Lucy) and started walking, acting like nothing even happened.

“Wow, Kaddie. Way to pull a….uh… uhmm….” Brendon stammered.

“A Lucy move!” Jon said, finishing his sentence.

“Yeah, I didn’t know you had it in ya!” Lucy exclaimed, punching me in the arm lightly. I shyly smiled and looked over at Ryan, who gave me a wink and a smile.

We finally made it to my house. All of the guys (and Lucy) sat in my living room and started to pair up to do certain subjects of homework.

“Why’s everyone in pairs?” Ryan asked, setting his stuff down.

“It’s just something we do to get the homework done faster.” I said, getting out my binder. The homework process went by fairly quickly, for Ryan obviously had a hidden brain under all of his hair. After we all finished, I suggested we watch a movie.

“You have The Nightmare Before Christmas?” Ryan asked.

“Mmmhm, that’s like my favorite movie. I’ll go get it.” I grabbed the movie and put in the DVD player.

Just about an hour into the movie, our house alarm went off.

“Hello?” I asked nervously, pausing the T.V. I wasn’t expecting anyone, so I was kind of nervous.

“Hey, I’m home early!” I hear the shrill voice of my mother call.

“Oh, god. Come on guys, let’s get out of here,” Brendon said, grabbing his things.

“Why?” Ryan asked stupidly.

“I’ll explain later, but you have to do,” I said, pulling him up. But it was to late, for my mother was standing in the archway of the livingroom.

“Oh, hi mom!” I said, trying oh so hard not to show nervousness in my voice. “Uhm, we were all doing homework, but now we are done and they are gonna go. Come on guys, I’ll walk you out,” I said, ushering everyone out of my house.

“Nice to see you again Mrs. Sholt,” Brendon and Jon said.

“You as well boys,” she answered sternly. She smiled as Spencer passed by, for he was the only one she liked. She stopped Ryan as he was about to walk out.
“Who do we have here?” she asked, eyeing Ryan.

“This is Ryan, mom. But, he has to go now, so let’s go!” I said, pulling him out the door.

“Look, I’m really sorry, but I promise I’ll explain later” I whispered.

“Yeah, ok. Bye.” He said, sounding disappointed. But, I really had no time to feel sympathetic for him. I had a bigger problem. My mother.

“I see you have a new friend,” my mom said as I walked into the room.

“Yeah, he’s in Spencer’s band,” I responded, removing my shoes.

“Kadence, you know I don’t like you hanging around with “those people”, she said snobbishly, putting an emphases on “those people.”

“What do you mean, mom? They’re my friends.”

“Oh, you know exactly what I mean. I told you I didn’t want you hanging around those punks! And that boy Ryan is just a…”

“You don’t even know Ryan, mom,” I snapped. “You CANNOT judge him. You know nothing about him!”

“Oh, I know all I need to know about him and all of the people in your little “posse.” I know that they’ve had a bad influence on you!”

“Oh? And how is that?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“You have completely changed! What happened to the little girl who used to let me brush her hair and do her nails? What happened to the little girl who always told me ‘I want to be Miss USA when I grow up?’ Those boys (inferring Lucy) have changed you!” She screamed. My little sister ran into the kitchen, which was now her hiding spot for when my mother and I fought.

“Well, you know what, mom? I’m sorry. I’m sorry I’m not girl enough for your standards. I’m sorry I’m not your perfect child. And I’m sorry you don’t like my friends. And I’m even sorry that you feel the need to judge them. But you know what? My friends, those punks; they are the only reason I’m even here. Do you know how many times I’ve just wanted to jump out my window and splatter all over the ground? Well, my friends stopped me. They are the only reason I’m still here!” I screamed. I ran up to my room, running into random walls and objects due to the fact that tears were making my vision blurred. I grabbed my drawstring bag and stuffed some clothes into it, and started making my way towards my window. I opened my window and stared out into the blank sky. I slowly walked across the roof to Spencer’s house, whose house you could get to by climbing across the roof. I sat down in front of his window and knocked on it.

“Kaddie, what’s wrong?” he asked, pulling me into his room.

“My mother,” I sniffled.

“Again? What’d she do this time?” he asked, sitting me down on his bed.

“She all of a sudden went on about how she doesn’t want me hanging out with you guys (and Lucy), and how I’ve changed,” I said, calming down. “she also said how she wishes I would change.” I whispered.

“Kaddie, you know it’s not you. She just doesn’t understand.” Spencer whispered, pulling me into a hug.

“No, it is me! She does this all the time, and I just can’t take it anymore!” I sniffled, crying onto his shoulder.

“Shh, it’s ok, just cry it out. You know I don’t mind,” Spencer patted me on the back.

“Thanks, Spence. You’re such a great friend,” I said, looking up at him.

“I am, aren’t I?” he laughed, trying to cheer me up. He wiped the tears off my cheeks and we began to talk, reliving the good ‘ol days before the psychotic Brendon, the hilarious Jon, and the mysterious Ryan. It all went by so fast.

“Spence, what time is it?” I asked, lying on his bed.

“It’s…. oh. 8:00 p.m. Time fly’s, huh? He joked, tossing me my bag.

“Hah, yeah.”

“You going back to your house?” he asked, opening the window.

“You’re kidding, right? I’m gonna stay at Lucy’s,” I flipped open my cell phone and his speed dial 2.

“Hey, Luce? Can I stay at your house?”

“Yeah, sure. What’s wrong?” she asked on the other line.

“I’ll explain later. I’m at Spencer’s.”

“Ok, I’ll come pick you up.”

“Thanks, Lucy!” I closed my phone.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Spencer said, handing me my bag.

“Yeah, thanks again Spence,” I said, kissing him on the cheek. I slid down the roof and waited in Spencer’s yard, until Lucy drove up.

“I see you went to Spencer first,” she said, opening the passenger seat door.

“And what would make you say that?” I asked in a tired, cracked voice.

“Well, your pretty little hazel eyes are all puffy and red, yet you’re smiling like an idiot. Yup, you took a spin on the Spencer happy train. What he do?” She asked, jerking the car forward.

“Eh, we just talked. I’ve been over there for quite some time.”

We drove the rest of the way to Lucy’s house, blasting Fall Out Boy’s “From Under the Cork Tree” at top volume.
Sign up to rate and review this story