Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't.

Where Is Your Boy Tonight?

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX 5 reviews

"Why do you have black nail polish on?"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-09-23 - Updated: 2007-09-23 - 1060 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Where Is Your Boy Tonight?

"Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman. Maybe he won't find out what I know: you were the last good thing about this part of town."*
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

His sweet laughter pranced in my ears. My green eyes crashed into his blue ones as I twisted my lips in distaste. But, he didn't seem to care, that I was affronted by his joy of my embarrassment.

"It's not funny. He was a complete ass hole." I snapped as Patrick just giggled more.

"He actually said that?" he asked, taking a sip of school milk. I had just got done narrating what had happened with that 'Pete' kid I had met yesterday.

I browsed the school cafeteria with my eyes, where numerous teens gossiped ridiculous rumors about other cliques. I forked the catastrophe resting on my lunch tray and took a bite of the repulsive food and harshly swallowed back.

"Yes. It pissed me off. I can't believe I'm going to be living next to him." I complained driving the lunch into a trash can.

Suddenly, a familiar figure appeared through the bulky cafeteria doors as my jaw collapsed. I fixed my gaze at the moving body in the lunch line. Suddenly, a wave of a hand frantically signaled in front of my face.

"Hello? Earth to Saffy!" Patrick called to catch my attention. "Who were you staring at?", he questioned, glancing across the room. I placed my hands on his face and jerked it around to be facing the kid I was looking at.

"What about him?" he asked looking very puzzled.

"That's the kid I was talking about. That Pete kid." I answered as confusion outlined his face even more.

"What is he doing here?" he inquired throwing his own lunch away.

"I don't know. I think he might go to school here." I said with an uneasy tone. I didn't want him to live next to me, nonetheless go to school with me. A groaned croaked through my throat as I saw him making his way over to our table.

He plopped himself down next to Patrick and began cramming down the distasteful food.

"What are you doing here?", I blurted from my thoughts as Pete's head snapped up. "Eating lunch. What's it look like I'm doing?" he retorted taking another bite of his lunch. Patrick let out a small laugh as I shot him a nasty glare.

"So, do you like Chicago?" Patrick said trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah. It's cool, I guess." he vaguely answered, being a bit stand-offish. But, that didn't stop Patrick from being his merry, optimistic self.

"Oh, that's cool. So, are you going to be going to school here?" Patrick said stating the obvious. Then Pete looked up from his tray and placed a sarcastic smirk on his face.

"No, I just come to eat lunch here because it's fun!" he exclaimed as Patrick laughed. Pete looked a bit surprised. He was expecting him to frown and be taken aback from his snarky, sarcastic comment. But instead, Patrick laughed. I took pride at my friend and laughed with him.

"So, what's your name, kid?" Pete asked as his indifferent mood totally reversed.

"Patrick. Yours?" he answered as Pete told his name. They chatted for awhile as I sat there, cloyed.

"So, how about you, and I hang out after school?" Pete proposed as my head propped up.

"Sure!", Patrick exclaimed as I shot another glare towards him.

"No! We have to practice for the talent show after school, remember?" I reminded him as Patrick's joyous face dissolved.

"Talent show? Sounds cool. I'm in." Pete announced throwing his disposable tray into the trash bin.

"Hah. Good luck. You'll never stand a chance against us." I said with such confidence and immodesty, it made Patrick grow uneasy.

"We aren't that good." he dispirited as his insecurities and shyness washed over him.

"Nonsense. We're unbeatable." I reassured. Pete raised his eye brows and twisted his lips in distaste.

"I guess we'll have to see about that." he challenged walking off.

oOoOo

My green eyes crashed onto the numbers that were painted neatly on my clock. I glanced out the frost covered window as I stared harshly, as if my gaze were to make him magically appear. Didn't work. Tapping and ticking sounds filled the silent room. Azure walls enclosed around my room and my frustration built as I grabbed my cell phone once again began typing his number. A few rings played until the recorded sound of his voice said, "Hey, you've reached Patrick's cell. Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get back to you." I slammed the phone against the blue fabric that covers my bed. He was supposed to be here. We had to practice for the talent show. Why wouldn't he be here? I tried to recall anything that would help me discover the mystery of why Patrick might be missing.

I was so lost in thought, I didn't hear someone enter my bedroom. A snap of fingers made me depart from my thoughts.

"Where have you been!" I yelled without noticing Patrick's new apparel. He bit his lip and began fidgeting.

"Out with Pete." he mumbled under his minted breath.

"What!? You knew we had rehearsal but you still decided to go with that punk!?" I roared noticing he had made a few changes to his wardrobe.

His attire consisted of faded skinny jeans and a black shirt with a matching black hoodie. He also had black polished on his finger nails.

"What the hell are you wearing?" I interrogated observing his clothing.

"Clothes." he answered with a hint of sarcasm.

"You look like a mini Pete Wentz!" I exclaimed picking up his hand and looking at his painted nails.

"Why do you have black nail polish on?" I asked as abashment welled inside my head.

"I think it's cool." he answered leaning against a wall.

"You mean, Pete thinks it's cool." I muttered.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you so much, Clandestine United and i_heart_cliches. Your reviews made my day! Love ya!

Sorry, I know this chapter sucks. Too much dialogue....

Is it just me, or can you not picture Patrick in black nail polish? I just think that's weird. >.<

Comment/Compliment/Critique
Do with it as you like.
Sign up to rate and review this story