Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Gerard Arthur Way, The Wannabe Hairdresser

Gerard Arthur Way, The Wannabe Hairdresser

by constant_dreamer 3 reviews

Gerard's hair obsession gets slightly out of hand. Bob breaks down, Mikey plots revenge, Ray worries and Frank.. well Frank doesn't have the faintest idea what's going on..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-22 - Updated: 2007-09-22 - 1355 words - Complete

1Funny

Gerard Way had decided he liked hair. Blonde, black, brown, red any color actually. Curls, straight, frizzy, short, long you name it, Gerard loved it.

He was not sure how it had started out, maybe it was the one time he was watching a shampoo commercial that just looked awesome or maybe it was the time when he first met Frank and Frank had told him he liked his hair. For the longest time he didn’t want to cut his hair just because Frank had told him it looked great. Just the mere thought of cutting his hair made him shudder, that was until Frank had asked him why he didn’t cut his hair. Needless to say he had cut it.

It wasn’t like Gerard loved hair just because Frank had told him he liked his hair, no it was more about how you could read people through their hair. Long hair, very long hair usually meant you wanted to hide, hide from the world and everything around it.
Short hair meant you felt confident, especially if you were a girl. Over styled hair meant that you either got way too much time on your hands or you have diva complexes.

Most people didn’t think Gerard took care of his hair that he just pulled a brush to it and that was it. They didn’t realize that it was much more to it than that. Every morning, before shows and before interviews Gerard spent at least half an hour fixing his hair to make it look like he hadn’t tried fixing it at all.

If it hadn’t been for his singer skills and writing skills he would probably have ended up as a hairdresser. No lie. But this didn’t mean that Gerard was gay, far from it actually, he had had several girlfriends and he wasn’t gay. Nope there wasn’t a chance in the entire world that Gerard Way was gay, not a bit. He was as straight as any other straight guy could ever be, straighter than Mikey’s hair straightener. Well, that was what he kept telling himself. Because he wasn’t gay, right? He only read vogue and cosmopolitan to look at hair, nothing else.

Gerard also liked his bandmates hair and he had to admit that he had a tiny crush on Ray’s fro. It just looked so… so… bouncy! Like a trampoline! How bad he wanted to touch it, but since that would seem kinda odd he had contained himself. But every time Ray had washed his hair Gerard would stare at it with a glazy look. This had resulted in some odd looks from the other guys, but he just couldn’t help himself. He even stared at it on stage when it was bouncing up and down and up and down and up and down and… This had resulted in Gerard missing a few words every now and then, but hey! It was worth it.

Frank’s hair was also something he liked to touch. It was just so soft, so wavy and oh so beautiful. Gerard secretly suspected Frank to use baby lotion in his hair just to make it so soft. But it wasn’t like Gerard used to touch it or anything. And definitely not on purpose, just accidentally knocking him over, ruffle his hair or poking his hair to wake up... Completely normal stuff. Even though Frank had looked a little weirdly at him when Gerard had ruffled his hair four times in a row with only a few minutes between every ruffle. Gerard just couldn’t help it that it had Frank’s hair had looked so particularly soft that day or that it had shined like a light bulb. It still didn’t make Gerard gay. Nor did the scrapbook with pictures of hair and all the vivid descriptions about how good they looked. Although the heavy amount with pictures of Frank’s hair may have suggested something else. But this didn’t make him gay either or in love with Frank for that matter. He was just a completely straight guy that liked hair.

But all of this was a secret, the other guys couldn’t know. Especially not the part about Frankie, because then they would think Gerard liked him in the wrong way (which he didn’t because he wasn’t gay). Not even Mikey knew, though he probably suspected something was up, after all Gerard was the one that had introduced him to the hair straightner.

And about Gerard’s favorite song it wasn’t exactly that hard to figure out when you knew about his obsession. Yes, it was the song Hair from the musical with same name. He constantly had to catch himself from signing it out loud. Just thinking about the song made it spin around in his head.

Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen.

Before he knew exactly what he was doing, he was jumping around singing the famous hair song.

”Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere –“

“Gerard? Are you thinking about my hair again?” Frank interrupted amused from Gerard’s left side. Reality came crashing down and hit Gerard in the head like a brick or something very heavy. They were still on tour and were currently stuck in a moving buss.

“… No…” Gerard answered in his best ‘I’m not guilty voice’.

“Seriously dude, you can touch it if you want to. I don’t mind”. Frank said grinning mischievously apparently not believing Gerard.

For a moment Gerard got all excited and was about to reach out and touch it, but then he realized what Frank was saying and he tried to control himself.

“Why would I want to do that? It’s not like I’m obsessed over hair or anything…” This time he used the ‘what the fuck dude!?! Are you crazy?!’ voice.

“Sure you’re not”, Sarcasm was burned into Frank’s voice, “ because you haven’t just been sitting there, staring at my hair for half an hour while muttering to yourself about how beautiful my hair was and I think I heard something about a scrapbook..?” Damn Frank for being such a smart ass. Soon he would be asking when Gerard was thinking about coming out of the closet. And he would think that Gerard liked him! Which he didn’t, not at all, because Gerard wasn’t gay. No, he wasn’t bi either, he was as straight as Ryan Ross from Panic! At The Disco!!! Wait! Bad example, what he meant was that he was just as straight as Mikey’s hair straightner. Yeah because you couldn’t get much straighter than that. He giggled to himself, which made Frank give him another weird look.

“I’m not gay, just because I want to be a hairdresser it doesn’t necessarily mean I’m gay!” He blurted out before Frank had the chance to ask.

Frank just stared out him for a moment before he burst our laughing. Making his beautiful hair bounce up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down… Frank immediately stopped when he noticed what Gerard was doing.

“You got some issues”, he pointed out.

Gerard didn’t answer, he just kept on staring at Frank’s hair with a glazed expression. Wondering what it would look like after some hot steamy sex. Not that Gerard liked Frank that. Because he wasn’t gay. He was just curious about how it would look, and decided that the next time Frank’s fiancée came over he would stalk them, until he found the perfect Kodak moment. Gerard once again drifted away deep in thoughts about his new fabulous plan to see Frank’s sex hair.

Frank on the other hand, just stared weirdly at him. Wondering if whatever Gerard had was contagious.

A/N: I don't own the fabulous Hair song... :( But I would still have loved some comments =)
Sign up to rate and review this story