Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > St-st-stutter Something Profound

Chapter 1

by Gangsta_Girl 3 reviews

The sequel to At Least He Makes Me Forget.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-23 - Updated: 2007-07-23 - 1072 words

1Original
"Hey, sexy."

"Hey," I smiled, softly smoothing my dress over my large belly. "How are you doing?"

"Good." He lowered his voice slightly, the sadness in his voice apparent. "I miss you."

"I miss you too, Brendon."

"So, how's the baby?"

"Fine. Not giving me too much trouble." I twirled my finger in the thick cord of the phone.

"That's good to hear. I can't wait to come home and be with you."

"Me neither. " A felt the baby kick and I let out a small giggle. "The baby too. I think he misses your voice."

"I miss singing to him... God, I just miss holding you in my arms." He lets out a laugh. "Being with Ryan, Jon, and Spencer in the middle of the fuckin' mountains, in a boring ass cabin, is makin' me crazy."

"Is it now? And I thought all that testosterone would be fun for you."

"Well, it was. Until everyone's girlfriends decided to stop by, that is. I'm just feelin' lonely, that's all."

"Oh, I'm sorry, baby. You know I'd come and see you..."

"No, I don't want you to drive. If something happens I want you to be close to a hospital, not trying to conceive in the cabin." He chuckled, "Although, it would be funny to see the guys freak out about it. Spence would probably try to regurgitate some intelligence off those ER shows he watches, Jon would be on the phone, calling everyone he knew, and Ryan- Oh, Ryan would be on the floor passed the fuck out."

I laughed. "Yeah, you're probably right."

"Hey, I have to go. Jon needs the phone. He wants to... call Dylan?"

"His cat?"

"Apparently. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye, Brendon."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and moved back into the kitchen to finish up the dishes. I dried the last of the plates and put them away.

I sighed as I closed the refrigerator door after scrounging around for about 15 minutes when a sudden attack of the munchies assaulted me.

"It's almost his birthday." I said aloud as I peered at the calendar, posted by magnets, before making my way to the bedroom.

--- --- ---

"Raquel, do you need anything? I hate the fact that you're by yourself..." My mother said as she sat down with her coffee cup.

I glanced out the window as she continued talking. I'm usually a good listener but after a while it begins to sound like the droning of the parents in the Charlie Brown cartoons. A simple mumble of 'uh-huh' or 'yeah' or just a complacent nod of your head sufficed for my mother. I think she rather liked to hear herself talk in all honesty.

She had been visiting almost every day, making sure that everything was going well with my pregnancy. But sometimes it felt as if I couldn't even breathe without her asking me what was wrong.

"Que te pasa?" She asked kindly.

See what I mean? "Nothing, Mami. I'm just tired."

She took a sip of her /café con leche/. "Go to sleep, honey. You look tired." I protested but she simply shook her head. "I have to go anyway. Your brother will be home from school soon." She placed her empty mug on the table and got up from her seat. "Take care, /mi amor/." She kissed my cheek.

"/Bendicion/." I uttered instinctively as I gave her a kiss back.

Her eyes twinkled as she smiled sweetly, placing her palm lightly on my stomach. "/Dios te bendiga/," she whispered.

I looked down at the hallway to my room after my mother left. It felt like it was getting longer and longer the more I stared at it. "Screw that." I said, shaking my head. "I'll just sleep on the couch." I reasoned, not feeling like exerting much energy.

I laid myself down cautiously and rested my eyes, surrendering to the slumber of exhaustion.

Until a knock at the door startled me.

With much effort I managed to pull myself from the confines of the couch. I looked through the peephole but a finger grazed it, smearing my vision. I shook my head and opened it anyway. The only ones that did that were Marcos and-

"BRENDON!" I beamed.

He smiled stupidly as I let him in. "So, are you gonna give me a kiss or what?" He opened his arms and embraced me gently.

I kissed him innocently on the lips. "I didn't think you were going to be here. I talked to you this morning and you said-"

"I wanted to surprise you. Besides what fun would it be if I had to spend my 20th birthday in a damn cabin?" He placed a hand over his mouth. "Sorry."

He bent down so that he was eye-level to my bulging belly. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry your daddy has a dirty mouth. I'll work on it. I promise." He chastely kissed my stomach and stood back up.

He kissed me longingly. I giggled.

"What?"

"Your beard. It tickles. Last time I saw you, you didn't have it."

"Yeah, well... me and Spencer are doing this thing... A bet if you will. We're trying to see if less girls find me attractive this way. But I'm growing quite partial to it." He tugged at the light scruffy hair on his chin in a villainous manner.

"I like it. You look very sexy."

"Really?" He smiled crookedly.

I nodded. "You better go get dressed. I'm sure the guys have lots planned for you tonight." I kissed him again before he bounded off into the bedroom, almost slipping in the process.

--- --- ---

Brendon's P.O.V.

Ryan joined us on one of the red colored benches outside of In-N-Out Burger. "Where's Raquel?" He questioned after stealing Spencer's fries and shoving them into his mouth as Spencer watched in horror.

"She wasn't feeling that good." I replied in between sips of my soft drink.

"That sucks."

"Yeah." I trailed off. I fingered the small Princess Jasmine crown my mother had given me as a joke, letting the words sink into the night air.

Jon stood up. "C'mon, let's take a few pictures," he interjected. "Give me malice, give me envy-" He knocked his fist against the plastic table.

"-Give me your attention? Helloooo?! Earth to Bren-don." He sang, getting me out of my stupor.

I looked up and smiled vaguely. "Alright."
Sign up to rate and review this story