Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > St-st-stutter Something Profound

Chapter 2

by Gangsta_Girl 7 reviews

Brendon's birthday...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-09-24 - Updated: 2007-09-24 - 1129 words

0Unrated
A/N: I'm so sorry that it's taken this long for me to post the chapter! Ugh! So, just try to take it back a few months to April, a.k.a. Brendon's birthday and enjoy. ♥

Brendon’s P.O.V.

“She’s a killahhhh queeeeeeen,” I sang as I sashayed through the door. I threw my tiara onto the table and walked around the couch to Raquel. I kissed her forehead and her eyelids flickered open.

“Mmmm,” she smiled. “Hey, sweetie.”

“Sleeping?”

“Yeah,” she yawned, sitting up. “Guess I was.”

I plopped onto the loveseat across from her and scratched the side of my face.

“How were the birthday festivities?” She cooed.

“Okay.” I shrugged. “Not the same without you though. They guys were disappointed you didn’t show. They miss you.”

“I miss them too. It’s just so hard to get around these days.” She adjusted herself and the light blue blanket that was around her shoulders slumped down onto her lap. I’ve just felt so sluggish.”

“I know,” I said slowly. My eyes caught the attention of the flashing television screen. “So, what are you watching?”

She made a face. “I’m not sure.”

“Do you mind if I stick something in?”

“Go ahead.”

I rummaged through the gift bag I had dropped at my feet and pulled out a burned DVD. “Jon gave this to me for my birthday. He didn’t tell me exactly what was on it.” I shoved it into the DVD player and pressed play.

I took a seat beside Raquel and wrapped an arm around her. She snuggled up beside me and intertwined her hand with mine. It felt so good to have her next to me.

The television faded from black showing Jon’s complacent face, sitting on the edge of his bed.

“Happy birthday, Bren. Uh… yeah. The big 2-0.” He brought up his hands to display the numerical value. He let out a ridiculous laugh. “Here’s to many more, fucker.” He then placed his hand overtop the camera lens transitioning to the next scene.

“Brendon. Turning 20.” Ryan shook his head, his mahogany hair shifting into his eyes. He blew at it unconsciously. “Well, I guess this is where I’d interject my words of wisdom. Hmmmm. Well, don’t get a fake ID.” He wagged his finger at the camera. “Bad, bad thing.”

-/“You would know.”/ Chelsea’s voice rang in. She hopped into the frame and smiled at the camera. “Happy birthday, Brendon! Have a good one. Don’t get into any trouble.”

Ryan chuckled outright at the statement and kissed her cheek before scrounging around for the camera remote and turning the power off.

Spencer’s torso appeared on the screen next. His hands grabbed the side of the camera and tilted it up so that his face was centered. “Happy B-day, dude. I’m surprised you even made it another year.” He grinned. “Just kidding. And just think. One more year and you’re twenty-one! But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. You might get ideas.” He emphasized the last word with an obvious wink before dropping the camera- “Shitfuckdamn.” -on his toe.

The T.V. faded to black once more before transitioning back to Jon, Spencer, and Ryan sitting at the edge of the pool. They all waved crazily in unison.

“Okay, so we individually picked these next couple of clips. All for your entertainment.”

“Humiliation, you mean.” Spencer poked Jon in the side.

“Something like that.” Jon smiled at him.

“Just think of it as the last year in review.”

“Have fun, jerk.” Jon gave a double thumbs up as Ryan and Spencer followed suit, smiling eccentrically.

Fade out to a scene of Jon invading the privacy of my bunk with the video camera.

“Jon, fuck, man. It’s like- what the hell time is it?” I said in a raspy tone.

"Time for you to get up. Say hello to the fans, Brenny.”

“Hi.” I mumbled before tossing the covers over me.

“Oh, no you don’t.” Jon ripped the covers from my weak grasp with one hand, his other holding the camera less than steadily. “Thank God you were wearing boxers because then this video would be rated RSD.” He panned the camera over my form.

“RSD? That’s not a rating.”

“It’s more of a warning. Caution: Really Small Dick.” He laughed, before running away hastily as the words sunk in.

I leapt off the small mattress and chased after him. “You’re gonna regret that shit!”

“Jon and his camera,” I scoffed, rolling my eyes. “I forgot how much footage he got on that crappy thing.”

“Ssshhh.” She put a finger to her smiling lips. “Be quiet. I wanna see what happens next.”

--- --- ---

“That was so sweet of Jon to do that.” Raquel insisted.

“How was it sweet?” I said as I pressed the power button on the remote, shutting off the DVD player. “Half of those clips were me being humiliated on film, babe.”

“What about the other half? They had all of you hanging out, performing, having fun. It was cute.”

“I guess.”

“Besides, I like seeing you in your element. I wish I could see you like that all the time.” Her eyes lit up. “That reminds me! I need to show your birthday present!”

“You didn’t have to do that.” I uttered lightly as she pulled me up off the couch.

“Well, I did. Are you saying you don’t want my present?”

“Brendon Urie can not say 'no' to presents.”

“I thought so.” She walked steadily over to the bonus room. “It’s there. In the corner.” She pointed at a large bulky item, covered up by a thick sheet.

I stepped towards it and grabbed a hold of the fabric and yanked it down. The sheet fell dramatically in slow motion as it drifted to the floor. I looked at her, mouth agape, then back to my present.

“You-“ I began but didn’t finish.

I ran my hand across the top of the ebony finish. “It’s gorgeous, honey.” I breathed, barely having the words escape my lips. I was utterly entranced.

I sat at the small chair and let my fingers position themselves across the long porcelain keys. I never had a piano of my own, not of this caliber anyway. I was lucky to have my 80s style keyboard when I was younger, but this- this was just-

Without even thinking, I started playing. I closed my eyes and let my fingers do their magic. I lost myself with the rich melody. I finished and looked over at my wife. "I love you," I whispered.

"I know," she mouthed.
Sign up to rate and review this story