Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A User's Guide to Pregnancy.

Pre-Labor II

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Okay I lied...it's the next chapter when Evelyn comes along.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-09-24 - Updated: 2007-09-25 - 1274 words - Complete

0Unrated
‘What is going to happen now?’ cooper asked as she sat in the back seat with Jon right next to her while Mrs. Walker drove.

‘Well, we’re going to go to the hospital and get you checked in. They’ll put you in a birthing room, we’ll call your doctor and she’ll come check your dilation and based on that you’ll find out how long until it’s time to push or if we’re going to do some more walking in the halls. Then once you are ten centimeters dilated they’ll give you your epidural and then it’ll be time to push.’

‘Okay.’ Cooper whined while another contraction hit this time much strong with the peak lasting much longer.

‘You’re going to do great baby.’ Jon whispered kissing her head.

‘Don’t leave me.’ Cooper pleaded as they pulled up in the parking lot of the hospital.

‘Baby nothing could make me leave you.’ Jon whispered before opening the door and helping her out.

‘Hi, I called a couple of minutes ago; my daughter in law is in labor. Her contractions are 7 minutes apart and they are lasting about 45 seconds, her doctor is Dr. Hudson, she should be on her way.’

‘What are the parent’s names?’

‘Jonathan and Elizabeth Walker.’

‘And the grandparents?’

‘Richard and Pamela Walker.’ She said.

‘Alright, we’re going to page Dr. Hudson, she’s on call tonight. Meanwhile we’re going to go ahead and set Elizabeth up in a birthing room and check her dilatation and we’ll go from there. Elizabeth’s nurse is going to be Sherri; she’ll be in the room with her the entire time. Are you ready Elizabeth?’

‘No.’ Cooper mumbled.

‘Yes you are baby; you’re going to be amazing.’ Jon whispered as the receptionist pulled up a wheel chair for Cooper to ride in.

‘Honey I’ll be right up, I’m going to call your father.’ Mrs. Walker said as Jon followed Cooper into the elevator nodding to his mother.

‘Hi Elizabeth, my name is Sherri, how are you feeling sweetheart?’ she nurse asked as Cooper stood next to the bed after she had changed.

‘I feel huge.’ Cooper mumbled.

‘It says on your chart that you go by Cooper would you like me to call you Cooper or Elizabeth?’

‘Cooper please, I hate the name Elizabeth.’ Cooper said.

‘Alright sweetie, I’m going to check your dilation and then we’ll go from there, Dr. Hudson is on her way, she says she’ll be here in about twenty minutes.’

‘Alright.’ Cooper said sitting on the bed and swinging her legs on top of it while Jon held her hand.

‘What are we having today?’ Sherri asked as she put on her gloves.

‘A baby girl.’ Cooper smiled.

‘Does she have a name?’

‘Evelyn grace.’ Jon said as he kissed Cooper’s hand.

‘That’s such a beautiful name.’ Sherri said.

‘She’s going to be a beautiful girl.’ Jon said with a smile.

‘Alright sweetie, you’re only about five and a half centimeters dilated. We have about one and a half left to go before we can start anything.’

Cooper’s head fell back into the bed and she groaned in frustration, ‘Can I walk or something.’

‘Of course you can sweetie, that’s a great idea. Does she have any slippers?’ the nurse asked Jon.

‘Yeah.’ He said reaching into her bag and bringing out her rainbow looking slippers. He put them on her feel gently helping her up out of bed.

‘Alright babe, this is your monitor, we’re going to be monitoring your contractions from the desk so dad can take a break from his job for a bit and you two can have some time to collect yourselves and make any plans and call who every you need to call and tell them the baby is coming. When your contractions start to get a little closer to time I’ll come get you and we’ll check your dilation and then we’ll go from there.’ Sherri said as she handing her, her monitor stand on wheels. Cooper waddled out of the room with Jon holding her hand. His mother was outside along with his dad and two brothers and one of his sister in laws.

‘Are we not there yet?’ his dad asked expectantly.

‘No not yet Sherri says we have a centimeter in a half left before everything starts speeding up.’ Jon said.

‘Will you guys call my dad and Cameron and Belle and Izzy please?’ Cooper asked.

‘Sure honey anyone else?’

‘Will you call Lucy; her number is in my phone in my purse in the room.’

‘Jonathan have you called the boys yet? They’ll probably want to know.’

‘No not yet, we’ll do that now.’ Jon said.

‘Alright go walk so we can get her out into the world already.’ Jack said shoving his little brother and wife down the hall.

‘So are you ready for this?’ Jon asked as he held her hand while they stood in front of the nursery looking at the new born babies.

Cooper stood for a moment looking at the bassinet that said baby walker on it in front of the window. The bassinet was empty just waiting for their baby girl to come out into the world, ‘Yeah, I’m ready. We’re going to have a family Jon.’ she smiled.

‘I know the Walker family. Has a nice ring to it, don’t you think.’

‘I love it. And I love you too.’ She smiled.



‘Alright sweetheart, we’re almost there we’re at nine centimeters. We have one more to go.’ Sherri said.

‘What do I have to do?’ Cooper asked. She had decided not to go with an epidural just local anesthesia to numb most of the pain.

‘There is nothing that you can do; the contractions will do it for you. You probably have about another fifteen minutes before it’s time to push. I’m going to go get Dr. Hudson and get changed. I’ll be right back.’ Sherri said quickly walking out of the room.

‘Fifteen minutes babe.’ Jon said kissing her forehead while he blotted a cool damp cloth on her forehead.

‘I know.’ Cooper breathed closing her eyes as another contraction hit, ‘We’re never having another baby as long as I live.’

Just as Jon was about to say something Pete and Brendon burst into the room causing Cooper’s eyes to open quickly and Jon to nearly fall over, ‘What are you two doing here? I thought you were in Vegas?’

‘We were but as soon as we heard early this evening we flew in and practically ran from the air port.’ Pete started.

‘How are you feeling honey? Do you need anything?’ Brendon asked. Cooper looked over at him with a very annoyed look.

‘Yeah I need you out of here.’ She said.

‘But I’ll miss our baby being born.’

‘OUT!’ Cooper yelled. Brendon and Pete quickly retreated out of the room. And out into the waiting room that was full of everyone from Jon’s parents to Cooper’s father and brother to band members and a couple of scattered friends.

‘I told you not to go in there.’ Ryan said as Brendon sad down next to him holding the pink bear and flowers they had bought from the gift shop downstairs.

‘Shut up.’ Brendon mumbled picking up a magazine with his face on the front.

It was set to be a long night for them. . .
Sign up to rate and review this story