Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A User's Guide to Pregnancy.

Pre-Labor

by Meg2005 3 reviews

It's almost time for a special birthday.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-09-22 - Updated: 2007-09-23 - 1593 words - Complete

0Unrated

Jon walked around their bedroom the next morning quietly picking it up. Cooper had finally gotten to sleep; he didn’t want to wake her up. She needed the sleep and he didn’t want to be the one to deal with her after someone had gotten her up.

Jon put all of the different loads of laundry into various baskets and was just about to take one down to the washer when Cooper sat straight up in bed holding her stomach.

‘JON!’ she yelled.

‘Babe, I’m right here what’s wrong?’

‘Contraction.’ She said breathing it out.

‘Honey you just had one 45 minutes ago.’

‘Jon it’s a contraction.’ She said.

‘Okay I’ll write it down.’ He said pulling his notebook to the bed and writing it down seeing that it had only been 45 minutes since her last contraction.

‘That was one for one.’ Jon said as the contraction was over and Cooper had laid back down, ‘Maybe they are getting closer.’

‘We can only hope.’ She mumbled as the doorbell rang.

Jon got up to go answer it as Cooper pushed the blankets back on the bed and waddled into the bathroom.

‘Hey mom.’ Jon said kissing her cheek.

‘Hey sweetheart, how’s Coop doing?’

‘She’s good. She just had a contraction.’

‘Are they getting any closer together?’

‘She had one 45 minutes ago and she just had another one so yeah they are.’

‘Where is she?’

‘She’s upstairs. She slept about nine hours last night so I didn’t want to wake her, you know she’s really tired but the contraction woke her up.’

‘Well she said that her feet were hurting from standing up so I told her I would come over here and make you guys something to eat. She really needs to rest.’

‘I know, she’s exhausted; I’m going to go check on her and take a quick shower, I’ll be back down in a few minutes. Make yourself at home mom.’ Jon said as he walked up the stairs.

‘Babe what are you doing?’ Jon asked as Cooper stood in the bathroom messing with the shower.

‘I need to take a shower, I’m afraid if I take another bath I won’t be able to get back up.’

‘Can I join you?’ he asked.

‘Sure.’ She said as she fiddled with the water some more.

‘Do you need help?’ he asked trying to hold back his laughter as she tried to get her shirt off. He heard her sniffle as he saw tears running down her cheek, ‘Baby what’s wrong?’

Jon walked over and lifted her shirt off her running his fingers under her eyes and sweeping the tears away, ‘I’m a whale Jon and I really don’t appreciate you laughing at me because I can’t get my shirt off around my belly.’

‘Honey, I’m not making fun of you. I think you’re adorable.’

‘Shut up, you were laughing at me.’ She said opening the doors to the bathroom to get into the shower.

‘Honey, I love you.’ Jon said standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her belly while he kissed her neck.

‘Don’t do that to me. It’s bad enough we can’t have sex but we have six weeks after the baby is born before we can have sex again so you probably shouldn’t do that to me.’

‘I’m sorry you’re so sexy it’s hard for me not to.’

‘I look like a w hale, whales aren’t sexy.’

‘No they aren’t, I agree but my wife is.’

‘I think we’re going to have the baby soon. Really soon.’

‘What makes you think that?’

‘Because my contractions are starting to move and because I can just feel it.’

‘Good, I’m glad. I’m ready to hold her.’

‘I know you are.’ Cooper said turning around and putting her arms around his neck. She gave him a soft kiss and laid her head on his chest.

‘My mom is downstairs.’ Jon whispered.

‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ cooper asked looking at him before taking the shampoo and starting to wash her hair.

‘I’m sorry it took so long, Jon didn’t mention that you were down here.’ Cooper said walking down and into the kitchen wearing her favorite yoga pants and a long sleeved tee shirt of Jon’s.

‘That’s okay sweetie, when I was pregnant and about to pop like you are, my mom used to feed me hot soup. She said it would warm the baby up so that he would come out faster. The only thing it did was give him an addiction to this soup.’ Mrs. Walker said as she made vegetable soup.

‘You’re making vegetable soup? What are you going to feed Cooper?’

‘See what I mean?’ Mrs. Walker laughed as she slapped Jon’s hand away from the soup.

‘Well I hope it works, I’m ready for her to be out already.’

‘Honey, I know that this is a sensitive subject and all but are your parents going to be there?’

‘My dad is welcome, Cameron can bring Madelyn if he wants,’ Cooper said referring to her brother, ‘but I don’t want my mother anywhere near me or my baby.’

‘Alright, next question: Do you have your bags packed?’

‘Not yet. I know what I’m going to take but it’s not packed yet.’

‘Well what are you standing down here for? You and Jon need to get up stairs and get that bag packed. GO!’ Mrs. Walker said pushing them out of the kitchen, ‘Besides walking will make the baby come faster.’

An hour later Jon and Cooper had finished their fight and were back downstairs. Cooper continued growling at him as he looked at her like a lost puppy. ‘What was that all about?’ Mrs. Walker asked.

‘Jon feels it necessary to take the entire house to the hospital.’ Cooper said as she felt another contraction come on. She grabbed a hold of Jon’s arm while she began to breathe into the contraction.

‘Just breathe babe.’ He said coaching her through it.

‘Are they getting stronger?’ Mrs. Walker asked.

‘Uh huh.’ Cooper nodded as she continued to breathe.

‘I’ll write it down.’ Mrs. Walker said walking out of the room to get Jon’s notebook.

‘You’re fine baby.’ Jon said pulling her into a hug.

‘They’ve been getting closer all day.’ Mrs. Walker said walking back into the kitchen.

‘I know.’ Cooper said leaning her head on Jon as the contraction subsided, ‘I just need them to get closer and stronger so we can go the hospital and get this over with.’

‘Do you want to hurry them along?’ Mrs. Walker asked.

‘I just want them to be done with.’

‘Well come on then.’ She said standing up from her chair.

‘What are we doing?’

‘You read the book I bought you didn’t you?’

‘Yes ma’am.’

‘Walking speeds up labour. We’re going to walk. Jon, honey run and get her shoes we’re going to go for a walk.’



‘So have you guys thought about what you are going to do when Jon goes back on the road?’ Mrs. Walker asked as they walked down the street.

‘Not really. We haven’t gotten that far yet.’

‘What about schools?’

‘She hasn’t even been born yet ma.’ Jon said.

‘It goes by quickly Jonathan.’

‘I think I want to send her to a catholic school.’ Cooper said. Mrs. Walker looked over at Jon as they exchanged looks.

‘Why?’ Jon asked.

‘I went to catholic school when I was a kid and I think it helped me.’

‘That was obvious when we started dating.’ Jon mumbled.

Cooper looked over at him and glared, ‘Sorry honey.’ He said looking down. Cooper rolled her eyes and picked up his hand holding it gently in hers.

By the end of the night Coopers’ contractions were lasting about 45 seconds and were ten minutes apart as they walked through the isles of wal mart trying to push labor along.

Around ten o’clock that night as Cooper was lying on the couch with her legs up on the arms rests, Mrs. Walker sat in a chair reading a magazine, and Jon paced the room back and fourth; Cooper felt a strange sensation after hearing what sounded like a small pop.

‘What was that?’ Jon asked after hearing the almost inaudible sound, Cooper stood up to go to the bathroom before feeling a rush of liquids running down her leg soaking her panties.

‘That would be my water.’ Cooper said as she looked down at the hard wood floor and the puddle of water that she was standing in.

‘Well that’s our cue, let’s head to the hospital.’ Mrs. Walker said standing up and helping Cooper up the stairs to change out of her wet panties and out of her night gown while Jon stood rooted in his place with an unexplainable expression.

‘Honey what are you doing?’ Mrs. Walker asked as she and Cooper walked down the stairs, ‘Cooper needs her bag and Evelyn needs her car seat and her diaper bag.’

‘Right, bags, car seat.’ Jon mumbled dashing up the stairs.

‘I hope you’re ready for this Cooper, he’s going to be a mess.’ Mrs. Walker started as she started out to the car with her daughter in law.
Sign up to rate and review this story