Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At The First Touch of Love. . .

At The First Touch of Love. . .

by Meg2005 3 reviews

(It's a William Beckett focused story) with some FOB thrown in with a little twist to it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-09-25 - Updated: 2007-09-26 - 722 words

0Unrated
Countless quotes have been and can be composed for Love. Love is a baffling word; it is after all just a four letter word, just like any other four letter word, it holds a certain meaning. Book, Crap, City, Hate, News, Pair; they are all four letter words but the word Love is unlike any other.

“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” –Aristotle.

“A woman knows the face of the man she loves like a sailor knows the open sea.” Honore De Balzac.

“A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” Ingrid Bergman.

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” Judy Garland.

“At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” Plato.

“We loved with a love that was more than love.” Edgar Allan Poe.


For some love is nothing, a simple emotion that everyone feels at some point or another in life.

For others love is something that is so special it can only be felt once in a life time.

And for a select few, love doesn’t even exist.


This is the story it neither about the first nor the last but rather the one in the middle. This story is about two people who fall so madly in love that their whole lives turn into a fairy tale; the fairy tale every little girl dreams about, the fairy tale that every boy wants to live, but most importantly the fairytale that every human being wishes would be granted to them.

Brooke Ryan, a beautiful sweet hearted shy girl from upstate New York, is thrown into a down ward spiral at the tender young age for four when her parents decided that a child wasn’t really what they needed at the moment. Brooke was put up for adoption and three months later adopted by a young couple out of New York City that was unable to have children on their own. Brooke was raised as an only child until her seventh birthday when her parents told her they were adopting a thirteen year old boy. Silas would be her new brother. Silas had bounced from house to house in foster care ranging from drug addicted families to abusive families to families who had too many children to care for before the Robinson’s adopted him bringing him into a world he didn’t know.

Dr. and Mrs. Ryan were very well respected in their community. Andrew Ryan, a cognitive therapist was a break through doctor who did research dealing in the minds of teenagers and young adults. He loved his wife and home and had a weak spot for his two adoptive children, Brooke and Silas. Catherine Ryan was your typical fourth grade teacher, kind hearted, sweet, the soccer mom type who made a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies for her two kids.

All in all Brooke and Silas pretty much had everything going for them. Their life was pretty much perfect that is until Mark came around.

Mark had been Brooke’s boyfriend for years; since her senior year in high school. He was two years older then her and studying to become a doctor. Mark was from a Chicago Suburb, had a strong family, and treated her well…for the most part.

But there was still something that Brooke didn’t feel when they kissed…that feeling was love, it wasn’t there. Though Brooke thought that she would feel it later in life, maybe it was that she was just too young.

After three years of dating, Mark popped the question. Brooke’s parents weren’t too happy about it but as long as she was happy and he loved her that was all that mattered to him.

And so the wedding plans begin.

It won’t be until a cold night in December that Brooke realizes maybe marrying Mark isn’t the best plan for her life. It won’t be until a cold night in December that she meets a tall, skinny, singer by the name of William Beckett that she feels that feeling in her heart, soul, and the pit of her stomach that she realizes…

William is her knight in shining armor.
Sign up to rate and review this story