Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At The First Touch of Love. . .

Truely, madly, deepily . . .

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Brooke takes a chance on a lonely boy . . .

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-09-26 - Updated: 2007-09-27 - 1575 words

0Insightful

‘Honey what is wrong with you today; you’ve been moping around all day.’ Mrs. Ryan said as she set a mug of hot chocolate down in front of Brooke.

‘I don’t really know. I just have this feeling.’ Brooke said as she stirred the warm liquid around submerging the marshmallows with her spoon.

‘Want to talk about it?’

‘Are you and dad in love?’

‘Brooke, I love your dad very much.’

‘But are you in love.’

‘Honey, love is a strong thing. I want to tell you a story; I’ve been waiting to tell you since you became ours.’ She smiled taking Brooke’s fingers in hers and looking down at the small diamond resting on her ring finger. Brooke sat up straighter and looked towards her mom, ‘When I was sixteen I was in a car accident. I spent six months in the hospital with abdominal bleeding, the doctors couldn’t figure out what was causing it. They ran test after test after test looking for find a cause for the bleeding but they just couldn’t. They didn’t have the technology. When I got out of the hospital, I had to rebuild everything that I had; my boyfriend at the time had been killed in the accident. We had been so in love, he was the boy that I thought I wanted to marry. It wasn’t until I met your dad that I realized that he was just a stand in. When Andrew and I started dating he made me feel like I was the most important person in the world, he made me feel beautiful; he went out of his way to make my life perfect. We got married shortly after I graduated high school. It wasn’t until I was out of college that we started trying for children. We tried for years but we never got pregnant. I finally decided to go to a fertility doctor to see if it was the accident causing the problem and sure enough, the bleeding had formed scar tissue in my uterus and the doctor told us we would never be able to have children. Now you know how your dad is with family, he wanted to have a family so badly but he stuck with me because we were in love. Two years later, we had gotten over the grief of the news and decided on adoption. The first day we went into the agency we saw this beautiful brown haired, blue eyed little girl and we knew from that moment on she was ours. It was just a feeling that we had, I can’t explain to you the feeling but it was a feeling so strong, we still have that feeling about you today. I know that you are having second thoughts about your engagement to Mark and that’s normal but before you go through the grief and drama of what is to come make sure this is what you want. Imagine what would have happened if I hadn’t had been in that accident, where would we be today. You, my beautiful daughter, are the reason that your dad and I are the way we are today. No matter what you decide to do, we are going to be behind you one hundred and ten percent.’ She smiled. Brooke got up and walked behind the chair and hugged her mom.

‘Thank you’ she smiled as she kissed her mom’s cheek, ‘If it makes you feel any better, I’m glad that it all happened like that, I don’t know what I would do if I weren’t with you two.’ She smiled.

‘Well honey, now it’s your turn, think about your future, what you see. You’ve got some thinking to do.’

‘Thanks mom.’

‘You’re welcome babe and Brooke…’

‘Yeah?’

‘Don’t listen to your brother, he has no idea what he’s talking about. It’ll be a cold day in hell before a girl wants to marry that brother of yours.’ She joked.

Brooke walked up to her room to change for work. Brooke didn’t really work but she volunteered. It was a good way to give her something to do while she had free time on her hands during the school year.

Brooke volunteered in the afternoons at the humane society, she worked with dogs. She loved dogs; she could spend all day around them and never get sick of it. They were always so understanding, never gave her attitude and they were great listeners. (I promise I’m going some place with this guys, hang in there!)

As Brooke drove through traffic, she looked down at her engagement ring; she had a lot of thinking to do. Was Mark really who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with? Did she really want to spend her life with someone who spent more time on his make up then her? Brooke shook her head quickly and focused back on the road after hearing a car honk behind her.

‘Hey Brooke, how’s it going?’ Adam said as she walked in.

‘Good, you?’

‘Doing well. Bruce will be excited to see you.’ He winked as Brooke washed her hands and got ready to go play with her favorite dogs.

‘Hey Bruce.’ Brooke smiled as she walked into his cage. She sat down on the concrete and began to pet him as he laid his head down in her lap, ‘Any good visitors today?’ she asked. Bruce just snuggled back into her lap as she pet him.

An hour quickly past, Brooke sat in the cage with Bruce and two other dogs. She loved it.

‘Am I interrupting an important conversation?’ a guy said as he peaked around the corner.

‘Sorry, I didn’t know anyone was there.’ Brooke said standing up but disrupting her dogs in the process.

‘No I’m sorry, that’s what I get for eavesdropping.’ He said. Brooke crawled out of the cage to all three dogs’ dismay and stood next to William.

‘Can I help you with anything?’ she asked looking up from her five foot two inch frame.

‘I’m actually looking for a dog.’ He said looking down at her.

‘Well I think you’ve come to the right place.’ She smiled, ‘What kind of dog are you looking for?’

‘Well I don’t think that I want a little annoying tea cup dog, I don’t like them. I don’t think I want a dog that weights more then I do, so I’m thinking a medium sized dog that likes to cuddle, I’m a lonely guy.’ He said.

‘Well we have a lot of dogs that like to cuddle.’

‘What about that one?’ William asked pointing to Bruce.

‘That’s Bruce; he’s pretty much amazing in every way. He loves to cuddle, he can fetch, sit, play ball, roll over, and if you’re really lucky and he likes you he might even shake your paw…I mean hand.’ Brooke said.

‘Hmmm…sounds like a winner.’ William began looking at the white dog. He had a brown patch over his right eye and a couple of brown patches around his back and on his paws and THE most adorable floppy ears imaginable.

‘He’s also a great listener; he’s helped me out with so many problems in my life.’

‘Now we’re talkin’, I think he might be a winner….’

‘Brooke.’ She smiled.

‘Brooke, that’s a pretty name.’

‘Thanks.’ She smiled, ‘I didn’t catch your name.’

‘William, William Beckett’ he smiled shaking her hand.

‘Well William Beckett, I’m sure Bruce would love to take your last name if you’ll have him.’

‘I need to make some wedding arrangements but I’m sure we can work something out.’ He smiled.

‘Come here brucey.’ Brooke smiled opening the cage so Bruce could come out. Brooke bent down and let him lick her face, ‘Guess what buddy.’ Brooke began, ‘This nice man is going to take you home with him. Remember what we talked about, be good.’ She smiled. Bruce sat down in front of her as she kissed the top of his head feeling her eyes well up with tears. She loved Bruce, he was like her best friend and she was letting him go.

‘We can go get him a leash and collar and fill out the paper work if you want.’ Brooke smiled.

‘Fantastic.’ William said noticing the tears roll down her cheeks. He reached up and swept them away with his thumbs and it was at that moment, Brooke knew all of pieces were falling into place.



‘Thank you Brooke.’ William said as Brooke walked Bruce out to William’s car.

‘You’re welcome William, we all need good homes, Bruce included.’ She smiled.

‘I almost feel like I’m taking your best friend away from you.’ He began, ‘Can I make it up to you, take you out for dinner.’

Brooke snapped up to look at him, she was a bit caught of guard but the only thing she could think about was those beautiful eyes of his. She smiled, ‘I’d love that.’

THAT WAS THE MOMENT…Brooke knew what was about to happen but yet she still went of it.

That was when she became unfaithful to Mark and fell in love with William.
Sign up to rate and review this story