Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A User's Guide to Pregnancy.

Daddy's first conflict.

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Jon has his first conflict as a new father.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-09-28 - Updated: 2007-09-29 - 2754 words - Complete

0Unrated
‘Jon go home and get some rest, I’m fine.’ Cooper begged around four that afternoon. Jon had been up for almost two days straight and was barely functioning at the moment.

‘Babe, I’m fine.’ He said flipping channels on the TV while he held his sleeping daughter.

‘Jon…’

‘Cooper, I’m fine baby, besides Evie is comfortable where she is.’

‘Jon, I can hold her. You haven’t slept in two days.’

‘If I go home then no one will be here with you.’ He said as she shut off the TV.

‘That’s good, it means I can rest. They’ll take Evie to the nursery where she can sleep too. We might as well get a little bit of sleep while there is someone here to help take care of her.’

‘Are you sure babe?’

‘Jon, I’m positive. Besides when you come back you can bring me some food with you.’

‘Ah ha I knew there was a catch.’ Jon said as he stood up.

‘Alright sugar, mommy is making daddy go home to take a nap but I’ll be back early tomorrow morning to pick you up and take you home.’ Jon said as he started to hand Evelyn over to the nurse while she started to fuss, ‘Don’t get that attitude with me young lady, its nap time.’

Cooper chuckled a little bit as Jon kissed Evie’s head, ‘Daddy loves you sugar.’ He said softly before the nurse walked out of the room towards the nursery.

‘Are you going to be okay?’

‘I’m going to be fine, if I need you I’ll call you but please get some rest, you need it babe.’

‘Alright, I love you.’

‘I love you too baby.’ Cooper smiled as Jon bent down and gave her a very passionate kiss he had been waiting to give her for hours.

‘I’ll be back early tomorrow morning with a shower and some breakfast, bye baby.’

‘Bye Jon.’ Cooper smiled watching him walk out of the room before turning her head and starting to drift off to sleep.

After pulling into the garage Jon walked down to the end of the drive way got the mail and picked up the news papers that were on the drive way from the previous two days. He walked back into the house seeing that he had five unheard messages. He pushed the play button as he riffled through the mail:

‘First unheard message left Tuesday April 23 at 11:23 AM: Hey Jon it’s me Pete, I just wanted to know if there was any progress on Cooper’s labor. The boys and I are on pins and needles waiting to hear something so keep us filled in, talk to you later man.’

‘Second unheard message left Tuesday April 23 at 3:22 PM: Hey Jon its dad, have you seen your mother, she tried calling me a couple of times but I must have not heard the phone or something because I haven’t talked to her. I know she was planning on coming over to help Cooper since she’s in early labor but if you see her or if she’s there have her call me. Jack and James have been asking about Cooper’s progress. Talk to you soon, love you son.’

‘Third unheard message left Tuesday April 23 at 11:19 PM: Jon you fucker, you were supposed to call me when Coop went into labor. I had to find out from Pete! Anyway, I’ll see you at the hospital in a couple of hours.’ Jon chuckled hearing Belle’s irate voice on the answering machine.

‘Fourth unheard messages left Tuesday April 23 at 11:45 PM:……Beeeeeep.’

‘Fifth unheard message left Wednesday April 24 at 1:15 AM: Elizabeth this is your mother. Jonathan’s mom called and told me that you were in labor and that you would be having the baby soon. I really hope that you have come to your senses about that man; he’s no good for you Cooper. I also hope that you have come to your senses about that baby as well. She can’t grow up with just one grandmother and if you want to play the custody game I will be happy to play as well. If you don’t let me have visitation rights then I will take them from you. Call me back Cooper, I don’t want to have to go to court with you but I will.’

Jon rolled his eyes as the message let out a high pitched beeping sound before turning off. He was left completely speechless on what to say about his mother-in-law. She was crazy and over his dead body would she have anything to do with his baby.

Jon walked up the stairs and into the bed room that he shared with his beautiful wife. It was almost anally clean as Cooper had been in the nesting stage and had everything clean before they left. Jon couldn’t even drop his underwear on the floor before she had then in the washing machine running. He chuckled a little bit thinking of his wife and new baby.

As Jon stood in the shower he loved the peace and quiet he was finally getting but missed his wife and baby. He let the water run down his tired body while he washed his hair in Cooper’s shampoo just to smell the smell he was so used to falling asleep smelling.

As his shower ended he heard the phone ringing from their bedroom, thinking it was Cooper, he grabbed a towel and dashed into the room grabbing the phone just before the answering machine picked it up.

‘Hello.’ He said almost out of breath while he wrapped the towel around his waist.

‘Where is Cooper?’ Her mother asked.

‘She just had a baby she’s not here.’ Jon snapped.

‘what room is she in at the hospital?’

‘She doesn’t want to see you. You’ve caused enough damage to her already and I’ll be damned if you’re going to cause my wife any more harm then you already have.’

‘Jon I’m not sure if you know who you are messing with here. If you don’t tell me what room she is in you’ll be sorry and I’ll make sure of it.

‘There is nothing that you can do to blackmail me into telling you where she is or even letting you near her. I’ve never done anything to hurt Cooper, I’ve never lied to her, cheated on her or anything along those lines, so you have nothing but a vicious will. She doesn’t want to see you anyway, she’s resting.’

‘Alright Jon but you’ve been warned.’

‘If you go anywhere near my wife, my baby, or my family I’ll put a restraining order on you.’ Jon said before he heard a click of her hanging up. Jon quickly hung up the phone before dialing his parents.

‘Hello.’

‘Hey dad it’s me.’

‘Hey Jon what’s up?’

‘Will you or mom go to the hospital and stay with cooper tonight?’

‘why what’s the matter? Is she okay?’

‘Yeah she’s fine it’s just that her mom called and left this crazy message on her answering machine and she just called and threatened me. I just don’t want Cooper by herself.’

‘don’t worry son I’ll take care of it. You just get some rest.’

‘Thanks dad.’ Jon said before hanging up the phone and walking back into the bathroom to brush his teeth.



Meanwhile at the hospital as Mrs. Walker was on her way to stay with her daughter in law, another mother was walking into the nursery in search for her granddaughter as well.

‘May I help you ma’am?’ a nurse asked as she held a baby girl, unbeknownst to the woman that it was actually Evelyn Walker.

‘I’m sorry; I’m looking for my grand daughter. She was born some time today and I missed it, I was on my way back from a business trip in New York.’ She smiled.

‘What’s the baby’s name?’

‘Walker, I believe Eva or Evie.’

‘Evelyn Grace, she was born at 2:08 this morning to a Jonathan and Elizabeth Walker?’

‘Ah yes that’s her, may I see her?’

‘What’s your name?’

‘Excuse me?’

‘Because of the status of Mr. and Mrs. Walker only those that are on the list of names can see and hold the baby. I’ll just need to know your name to make sure it’s okay with them.’

‘Oh…okay well its Karen Gregory, I’m Elizabeth’s mother.’ She smiled.

‘Gregory? The only Gregory on here is Eric and Cameron Gregory. Her father and her brother, it doesn’t any anything about her mother being able to see the baby.’ She nurse said looking through the clip board as she bounced the baby a little bit while she slept.

‘I’m sure that they just forgot do you think it would be alright anyway?’

‘I’m sorry ma’am I can’t let you hold her or take her out of the nursery with out the parents permission, I could lose my license and my job for that.’

‘Can I at least see her? My daughter is a very beautiful woman, and I’m sure her baby is too.’

‘Of course you can see her, from outside the window.’ The nurse said before letting the door to the nursery shut as she walked back over to put Evelyn in her bassinet. Cooper’s mother was now fuming mad. She walked over to the desk to ask about her daughter.

‘Hi ma’am, I was wondering if you could tell me what room Elizabeth Cooper Walker is in.’ she smiled sweetly.

‘What’s your name?’ the nurse asked looking down at a list.

‘I’m her mother.’

‘That’s not what I asked; I asked what your name was.’

‘Karen Gregory.’ She said.

‘You’re not on the list. I’m sorry; I can’t tell you what room she’s in.’

‘And why not?’

‘I’m not sure if you are aware of this or not but Mr. Walker is in a very well known band, if we let everyone in their room that said they knew them, the hospital would be over run with cameras and fans.’ She said before going back to her work.

‘What are you doing here?’ Cooper’s mother heard someone ask. She turned around only to come face to face with her son in law’s mother

‘I came to see my daughter, she had a baby yesterday.’

‘I’m well aware that she had her baby yesterday I was there but what I am unaware of is what you are doing here, neither Jon nor Cooper want you here or around their baby.’

‘Cooper is my daughter and I know what is best for her.’

‘And Jonathan is my son, and I know what is best for him and I know that you being around his wife and baby is enough to drive him insane now stay away from them before I call the police and have you arrest for harassment.’ Mrs. Walker said. Cooper’s mother glared before walking a way with a sour look on her face.

‘Thank you Darla for keeping her out.’ Mrs. Walker said to the nurse at the front desk.

‘You’re welcome Mrs. Walker.’ She smiled before Mrs. Walker started down the hall towards Cooper’s room who was completely oblivious to what had just gone on.

‘Hi sweetheart.’ Mrs. Walker said walking into Cooper’s room just as she was waking up to the nurse brining her dinner and some medicine for her to take.

‘Hi mom.’ She smiled as Mrs. Walker kissed her forehead, ‘What are you doing here?’

‘Jon called us about an hour ago and asked one of us to come stay with you tonight. Apparently something about a message and a phone call he had gotten from your mom. She was just here actually.’

‘My mother was just here?’ Cooper asked sitting up a little bit.

‘Yeah, I’m not sure if she is still here or not but she wanted to see the baby.’

‘Sherri.’ Cooper started looking up at her nurse.

‘Yeah honey.’

‘Can I have my baby please?’

‘Of course, it’s about time for her to eat anyway.’ Sherri smiled before walking out of the room towards the nursery where Cooper’s mother was once again harassing the nurse at the door.

‘That is my grand-daughter.’ Cooper’s mother said stomping her foot as the nurse ignored her.

‘Hi sweetie, your mommy wants to see you.’ Sherri said softly as she picked Evelyn up smiling at her gently and walking past Mrs. Gregory towards Cooper’s room.

‘Was that my grand daughter?’

‘Ma’am please leave before I have to call security.’ The woman said. Cooper’s mother turned around and followed the path down to where the nurse with the baby was. She straightened her jacket before walking into the room finding the nurse, the baby, her daughter, and Jon’s mom all sitting and looking at the baby.

‘I told you I would find a way.’ She said standing in the door way and letting the door shut. Cooper looked up at her as the smile was swept off her face while she held her baby tightly against her chest.

‘What are you doing here?’

‘I came to see what is rightfully mine. That is my grand daughter.’

‘I don’t care if she is your grand daughter or not before she is your grand daughter she is my baby. I want you out; she doesn’t need to be around you and your negativity. I’m not kidding with you mother. Jon wants a restraining order against you and if you don’t leave me alone I’m going to let him file for one.’

‘You can’t put a restraining order on me, I’m your mother.’

‘I can and I will if you don’t leave me alone.’

Cooper’s mother walked over to her daughter and started to take the baby out of her arms, Cooper held on tight before a security guard walked into the room. ‘Is there a problem Mrs. Walker?’ he asked.

‘I’m sorry, can you get her out of here.’ Cooper asked.

‘Of course Mrs. Walker, Come with me ma’am.’

‘Alright Cooper, you leave me no choice. I’ll see you in court.’ Her mother yelled as she was taken out of the room.

‘I’m sorry baby; mommy will never let that crazy woman around you.’ She whispered kissing Evelyn’s forehead softly.



‘Alright Cooper you are ready to go home. I just need you to sign here saying that you will come to your post partum check up in a week with me and that you are planning on taking Evelyn to her check ups once a week for the next month.’ Dr. Hudson said as she handed Cooper a clip board. Cooper signed followed by Jon.

‘Alright now I need you to sign yours and Evelyn’s discharge papers and you can go home.’ She smiled. Cooper signed the papers and handed them to Jon. Jon signed them before handing them back to the doctor.

‘She’s beautiful Cooper. I can’t wait to see her grow and to see you guys back for another one.’ Dr. Hudson smiled before walking out of the room. Jon, who had been holding the baby, set her down in her car seat and buckled her into her seat as she fell back asleep with the bear ‘Uncle’ Brendon had given her. The bear was pink and the same size she was. Jon picked up the baby seat and Cooper’s bag as Cooper picked up the diaper bag and the blankets she had for their baby for the car ride home.

‘Are you excited babe?’ cooper asked as she stood in the elevator with Jon.

‘I think there is only one other time in my entire life that I’ve been as excited as I am right now.’ Jon said looking over at her, ‘And it was the day that I got to take a different very special girl home to be mine forever.’ He whispered leaning down and kissing her gently.
Sign up to rate and review this story