Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 27

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

The End! Keep an eye out for the sequel... it's called 'Nobody said it was easy' should start posting in around a week

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-29 - Updated: 2007-09-29 - 2166 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 27
Frank’s POV- ‘We were just a good thing. We were such a good thing.’
2 days. It’s been two days since Gerard f*cked my life up so nicely. It turns out he’d just been sacked, been told by Emma that she was pregnant, and then nearly been stabbed, all in that one day so I’m not sure I can blame him for taking it out on me but I still hate him for what he’s done. Bob is surprisingly Ok about it all. Just muttered something like ‘well it is Frank’ and I suppose he’s right. I can’t have changed as much as I thought I had.
2 days… I need to talk to her, she hasn’t returned any of my messages or answered any of my calls and she’s blocked me from talking to her online. I guess the only thing left to try is going around to hers. No time like the present…
I know she’ll be home alone because the boys invited me out with them today. I’d said no purely for the fact that I couldn’t face Gerard but now it provided me the opportunity to see Amy with out them being around to listen in.
I text Mikey back to say I was indeed definitely sure that I wouldn’t be joining them and then pull of shoes, lock the door behind me and walk over to Amy’s house. I walk as fact as I physically can, gnawing apprehension in my stomach. It was making me nervous. I slow down to try and ease the feeling. By the time I reach Amy’s house I feel like I could quite easily throw up but I reach out and ring the doorbell all the same. I’m thankful that the door is solid wood and without a spy hole. This way she won’t be able to tell who it is at the door until she’s opened it.
Sure enough I hear the key turn in the lock and the door opens to reveal a sleep deprived looking Amy. The smell of freshly baked muffins and the sound of Blue October waft out the door to greet me. “Please give me a chance?” I ask while she’s still in a state of semi shock. My words shake her out of her stupor and she tries to shit the door. I’m too quick for her, putting my foot in the way so that she can’t shut the door.
I push the door back open and walk into the house. “I’ll call the police.” She threatens me. I raise my eyebrows, we both know she wouldn’t. Instead she just heads back through to the dining room and turns the volume up on the CD player.
“Please just let me talk to you?” I ask with my voice raised high above the music so that any emotion is washed out of it. She keeps her back to me, busying herself with things she doesn’t really need to do. I cross the room and turn the volume down on the CD player. “Leave it!” She shouts at me. Looking at me for the first time. The anger melts off her face to be replaced with defeat.
“Fine. We can talk. But not here.”
“Where?” I ask, wondering where she wanted to go. I thought she’d prefer it to be here in her own home. She’s busy finding shoes and doesn’t answer me straight away. I’m about to ask again when she replies “Anywhere.”
“The woods?” I ask her. Damn now it looks like I’m trying to lure her away and rape her, but it was more because I want a secluded, quiet, place to talk to her. She turns of the CD and heads out the door. I follow closely behind her and she locks the door behind us.
The 5 minute walk to the woods is spent in silence. They weren’t really woods. More a group of trees near the creak but everyone called them the woods. I follow her down the main path and then follow her as she turns off the path at a twisted tree and into a small clearing. I sit on a log and she hoists herself up onto a low tree branch.
“So what did you want?” She asks me.
“To ask you why you won’t speak to me.” I say, it was half of it.
“I think that’s quite obvious.” She replies. I try to look at her, into her eyes, to see how she feels. If she’s angry it would be better to leave but if she’s upset then… well I had no chance anyway. Her expression is stony cold. Her eyes lifeless.
“You haven’t…” I start to say looking at her arms, both wrists covered by either a sweatband of a multitude of bracelets.
“You’re not that special.” For some reason that hurts. I remain quiet and wait for her to say something. I need to hear what she thinks of me.

Amy’s POV- ‘I fought them all off just to hold you close and tight’
I stay quiet for a second just to try and get my head around the situation. I was in the woods, with a boy I couldn’t stand right now, trying to have a civilised conversation and feeling alternate urges to kick him in the balls and to kiss him.
“It’s always fcking me isn’t it?” So I sound like a whining emo btch but I don’t actually give a damn.
“It was Gerard’s idea.”
“Shirk the blame why don’t you?”
“I didn’t mean… I just meant I hadn’t come up with it myself.”
“Why the f*ck did you agree to it?”
“I don’t know…”
“Well you must have some idea.”
“I just, it was like motivation…”
“What?” I spit, anger is flowing through my veins freely now.
“I liked you and it just gave me a reason to go ahead and do something about it.”
“You make it sound like you have a leaky tap you can’t be ars*ed to fix.” I say, he goes to respond but I’m not done. “You must have really liked me if you needed some stupid bet to get the ‘motivation’ to do something about it.”
“I did.” He pleads. He looks pathetic, it suits him.
“Yeah right. See I really liked you but I didn’t need a bet to act on it. I did the usual thing and got to know you, tried to work it up naturally from friendship into something else.”
“But I did that.”
“No!” I shout, the anger is coming in waves now. “What you did was mess me around, one minute acting like my soul mate, the next a bored school boy. I though I was doing something wrong.”
“Amy.”
“I went against everyone’s advice to be with you. I stuck up for you. I yelled so much at Tom for not giving you a chance. For judging you on things that he didn’t even know for sure were true. Then you go and do something like that! You made me look like an idiot. A blind idiot. I must have a flashing neon sign over my head screaming ‘Hurt Me’ or something along those stupid fcking lines!” I pause to take a ragged breath. “Why did you have to do this? I really liked you. I pushed Tom away willingly because he kept saying sht about you. But it turns out he was right. You are a complete loser. Both of you. You’re such d*cks.”
“Amy please! I’m sorry if you think I hurt you.”
“I know you hurt me Frank. Funnily enough I can tell when my heart has been trampled on.” Oh-so-emo. So shoot me. I feel like cr*p Ok?
“Ok Ok. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry if you think I did it on purpose. I really didn’t. You might choose not to believe me and you probably won’t considering I haven’t proven to be the most trustworthy guy in the world… still the apologies there if you choose to accept it.”
“Why do you have to be so f*cking self-righteous? Can’t you just beg me not to leave? Say you’ll miss me forever and beg for me not to throw you away?”
“I…I… Amy it’s…”
“I guess I’ll be leaving then.” I say, slipping off the tree branch with as much dignity and grace as I can muster.
“If I’d have told you about the bet myself what would you have done?”
“Slapped you, stormed off, ignored you for a while, tracked you down and forgiven you.”
“I guess it’s too late for that now?”
“Well yeah… it is.”
“Oh. Right, yeah…”
“Anyways I’m sure that letting me in on the secret was against the rules or something. You wouldn’t want to miss out on that precious fiver.” I’m aching for him to say something quick and witty like he would if this was a fake argument. I’m willing him to just come over and hug me and kiss me and tell me he’s sorry because I know that would make me soften back down and somehow forgive him. But he doesn’t.
I walk out of the woods leaving him stood there behind me. When I get home I lie down on my bed and cry. When eventually I’m done I turn the CD player on to the most meaningful song I can think of.

‘I had the feeling that you’d make me change my ways
And the bad habits would be gone in a matter of days.
I had the feeling that you’d open up my eyes
To a whole new world that has since been in disguise.

But that day will most likely never come for me
And it’s just my luck to end up getting stuck to everything you are.

So tonight I’ll sit and pick apart your pictures
And over analyse your words
The truth is that I’ve never fallen so hard
It’s taken everything in me just to forget your sweater so far.

I had the notion that you’d make me forget the world
But your undecisive mind shows me that you are just another girl.
Had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real
What if I ripped your heart apart at the seems maybe then you’d know how I feel?

But that day will most likely never come for me
And it’s just my luck to end up getting stuck to everything you are.

So tonight I’ll sit and pick apart your pictures
And over analyse your words.
The truth is that I’ve never fallen so hard
It’s taken everything in me just to forget your sweater so far.

I, can honestly say,
That I’ve never, ever, ever felt this way.
Your lips, your eyelashes, your skin.
These are the parts of your body that cause my comatose to begin.

I, can honestly say,
That I’ve never, ever, ever felt this way.
Your lips, your eyelashes, your skin,
These are the parts of your body that cause my comatose to begin.

I will sleep another day.
I don’t really need to anyway.
What’s the point when my dreams are infected with words you used to say?
I will breathe in a moment
As long as I keep my distance
I wouldn’t want to go messing anything up.

So don’t go worrying about me.
It’s not like I think about you constantly.
So maybe I do but that shouldn’t affect your life anymore.
I knew it the moment you walked into the door.

So don’t go worrying about me.
It’s not like I think about this constantly.
So maybe I do but that shouldn’t affect your life anymore.
I knew it the moment you walked into the door.

And I let you get the best of me
Coz there’s nothing else that I do well.
And I let you get the best of me
Coz there’s nothing else that I do well.
I’ll be the giver and you’ll be the taker,
I guess that’s how this ones gunna go.
I’ll be the giver and you’ll be the taker.
You got me down on my knees and I proclaim
‘All hail the Heartbreaker’ ’

---------------------------------------
That song would be called All Hail the Heartbreaker by the Spill Canvas
Thank you all for reading!!! I love you all!
Sequel coming soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story