Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Dragon's Hidden Love

Chapter 2

by EmoBoy0013 0 reviews

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hatori,Tohru - Published: 2007-10-01 - Updated: 2007-10-01 - 1201 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Still doesn’t own Fruits Basket! L

Me: (runs into room, now with a nipple ring J) Hello again, Jarrett here. Hatori’s sleeping, so I can introduce the next chapter!

Hatori: (walks in) Jarrett, What did I say about talking to people without my permission?

Me: Um.. well…

Hatori: -sighs- Guess we’ll have to do it the hard way. (has duct tape and puts a piece over my mouth)

Me: Ummph imm ouph (ß me with duct tape over my mouth)

Hatori: (drags me to the back room) –before he shuts the door- I hope you all enjoy the story.

Chapter 2
Hatori kept checking the clock while he worked. Never before had he been so distracted from his work. He knew why of course, he couldn’t wait to see Tohru. It would never work though, he was at least ten years older than her. Oh, but how he always enjoyed treating her when she was sick. He felt a little guilty, almost everyday he wished Shigure or one of the boys would call, saying that poor Tohru was sick. He liked watching her sleep, she was so very innocent looking. Ack, why was he getting his hopes up, it would never work.

Tohru had just finished shopping and was walking home from the store. She had been preoccupied all day, but she had also been in deep thought all day as well. She had been attracted to Hatori since she first met him, but she couldn’t tell him that.

‘I’m being silly, Hatori is much older than I, and why would he like a klutz who used to live in a tent.’

She sighed to herself, she had tried to like Yuki and Kyo, but they were like brothers to her, nothing more. She continued down the street back to Shigure’s house trying to keep her mind on other things. She had become to engulfed in her thoughts when she tripped over something.

“Tohru, are you alright?”

It took her a minute to recognize the voice…

“Hatori! Oh, I’m so sorry, I’m such a klutz.”

She went back down to pick up her bags, but found that Hatori had them already and he handed them to her.

“Oh, uh, thank you”

Hatori couldn’t help but look at her. He was quite amused that she was blushing.

‘She looks so cute when she’s blushing’ He randomly thought.

“It’s no problem” he finally answered.

“Oh, well I should be going. It is a big night.” She said, then smiled.

‘Oh God, her smile. It’s like sun through the winter clouds, flowers budding through the snow. It’s like spring’

“Yes, I suppose it is. Well I’ll see you tonight.”

Tohru watched as Hatori walked off. She slowly walked back to the house. She couldn’t believe how much of a klutz she had been, not only that but she babbled as well.

‘Smooth Tohru, now he’ll really like you’

She was punishing herself she knew, but she couldn’t help it. She knew there was more to Hatori than most people knew. I love him, but does the Dragon love me. She pondered for a moment, then decided that she was getting her hopes up too high as well.

*
Tohru worked in the kitchen for a good two hours getting everything perfect for the special occasion this night. She wanted to make sure that everyone was happy, never mind her own. Yuki came in to find Tohru leaning against the counter looking very overworked.

“Miss Honda, you don’t look very well. Perhaps you should take a break.”

“Oh no, Yuki, it’s almost finished. I’m sick at all, it must be the oven that’s making me look like I have a fever. Don’t worry I can take care of myself…Oh I’m sorry I was babbling again.”

“No, Miss Honda, it’s alright. I just wanted to make sure that you were feeling ok. You really shouldn’t put yourself through all this strain, especially for that stupid Dragon.”

“Oh…”

Tohru looked after Yuki as he left the kitchen. How would he feel if he knew she loved Hatori and not him. Oh well, she should get back to work. As she worked, she felt very dizzy.

Hatori walked up to his cousin’s house. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

‘I have a feeling that this is going to end very badly.’

“Ha’ri!” the Dog yelled with joy. “Come on in, dinner is nearly ready. Tohru really outdid herself this time. She must really like you.”

Hatori just stared at his cousin with his icy glare.

“You pervert”

“Ha’ri that hurt”

“And you think I care why”

“Tohru” Shigure whined “Ha’ri is being mean to me!!”

“Why are you crying to Tohru? Grow up Shigure”

“Ah, I know why you’re so mean!”

“And why is that?”

“Ha’ri is just jealous that I have a little flower and he doesn’t.”

“Envious”

“Ahh, you dirty, dirty man! You admit it do you!”

“No, I was merely correcting you. Envy is when someone wants something from another, while jealousy is when someone doesn’t want someone to take something away.”

Hatori looked over at Shigure and saw that his explanation had gone in one ear and out the other. He walked to the kitchen, to see if Tohru needed any assistance. What he saw was much more shocking. Tohru had indeed worked herself into another one of her fevers and was lying in the middle of the kitchen floor unconscious. He quickly went to her and made sure she was still breathing and took her temperature. Worse than he thought: 103.3. He took her up to her room, mindful to keep her from touching his chest…that would make things worse. He gently laid her on her bed, and went to get his medical bag.

Shigure watched him as he did a check-up on Tohru.

“Admit it Ha’ri”

“Admit what Shigure” ‘That Dog is getting on my nerves, and what does he mean admit?’

“You like Tohru, don’t you?” Shigure’s voice was unusually serious.

Hatori looked at the brunette in front of him, she was indeed beautiful, but the consequences. Shigure knew the answer of course and watched the two of them. Most of all Hatori’s concern for Tohru.

“Ha’ri?”

“Yes, Shigure, yes I do…”

Shigure smiled to himself and walked out of the room. It took a minute before Hatori knew what he had just said. He didn’t bother with it now.

‘Better get Tohru better first’

He applied a cool pack to her forehead, he brushed the hair out of her eyes and kissed her lightly on the lips. Then he switched off the lights and headed down the stairs.

Me: (Still has duct tape on mouth) Mmmm oomph mmph

Hatori: Still trying to talk huh? Well I suggest you stop before you cause more trouble for yourself.

Me: (looks at master with puppy eyes)

Hatori: You’re so adorable (drags me to room as I wave)

Until Chapter 3!
Sign up to rate and review this story