Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > Last Hope of Mankind

Chapter Two

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

Estel age 11 has be 'captured' by orcs. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth be...

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Aragorn - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-02 - Updated: 2007-10-02 - 1556 words

0Unrated
. Edit-ed Staturday, June 14, 2008Last Hope of Mankind

-

Summary: AU Estel age 11 has been captured by orcs after he was attacked with pack of wolves. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth been false all this times? Are they any different from elves, humans and any other beings? And why has this orc child keep pulling his hair as if wanting to play with him? What would Estel learn from them that would help him during the War with the Ring and when he is King? Or will he in the end be killed by the other family that he only knows by calling him a traitor?

-

"/He who has faith has... an inward reservoir of courage, hope, confidence, calmness,
and assuring trust that all will come out well - even thought to the world it may
appear to come out most badly/."/
-/

"Talking"
"Elfish and Black Speech”
'thoughts'

-

Chapter Two

-

‘/It’s getting late/.' Estel thought as he jumped off a tree root, landing softly on the forest floor. He looked around himself, searching for something; any one that might be passing though, that would know how to get out of the forest. Estel snored of his luck. What kind of a sane person would ever come into this cursed forest? No one that Estel knew and heard of. ‘/I’m so hungry and so tired./' Estel thought. He yawned. It wouldn't hurt that he just rest for while, couldn't it?

Estel walked to the sheltered tree truck. Just below the tree were soft clovers, a prefect place to rest. Sleepily Estel crawled into a ball, making sure he still had his pocket knife in his hand. Estel had fallen asleep, not knowingly two dark figures approaching.

*-
o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo
-*

"Yeah, Vashnak (1) what is that over there? There at near that tree truck?""Don't know, Proshnak. (2) Let’s go and found out."

Vashnak, the oldest brother to Proshnak by many years but not yet considered an adult, was tall young youth of his orc tribe called Hellên /Acerbus /(3). He had black dreadlocks of hair that was pulled into a ponytail. His filthy clothes was slightly ragged, being hand-be-downs of their other older brother Boshnak (4). The only armour his wore was silver ring mail under his worn shirt and his trusty sword that he carried on his leather belt.

Proshnak, the youngest brother was in slimier fashion, being younger in his years, still a considered a child even in human and elfin years. He looked more like their mother, then their father, shorter and had kindred looking face. He still had his innocence, never been a battle nor has he ever seen death, unlike many of his other older peers, including all his brothers and sisters, for he is the youngest of his parents' children. He too carried a sword, but it was lighter and smaller then true battle swords were.

The two orc children walked forward, still staying in the darkness that their race was so gifted, getting a better look of the creature that was still sound asleep in a tree truck. The unknown creature was a youngling; Vashnak guessed by how small it looked. The creature was the baldest creature any of them ever met in this forest, not including the females of their race, which only had hair on the top of its head, and next to its eyes. It wore strange clothes with unusual style, and hand knife in its crisp. It was clearly that is was no beast. ‘It/ must be a creature like them/!' he thought.

/"What is it?" /Proshnak asked his older brother. Looking at him with fearful eyes. What if the creature wakes up and attacks them?

/"I don't know. I think, it’s an elf... no a human maybe?" /Vashnak thought out loud. He and his younger brother never met an elf or human before. The elders of their kin always talk of these strange evil creatures that hunt and kill them. Since birth they were taught to stay away from elves and humans. With the other orc tribes of their kind talk of war and revenge of the free races of Middle Earth, other orc tribes, such as themselves, for many thousands of years tried to stay away. But humans and elves always find them and other orc tribes from Mordor try to include their people to fight for the "Great Eye".

/"Maybe. You think it’s good enough to eat? I'm hungry." /Vashnak rolled his eyes of idiotic brother's hungrier for meat. This could be human or an elf that was sent to kill them and their village and Proshnak is worrying about his hungry stomach?!

If this is a being that was sent to kill them, then why this human/elf scout is sleeping, in a tree no less? Wouldn't the scout be scouting for them then not sleeping?

/"You eaten just an hour ago, Proshnak! And we can't eat him! It looks too young. And dad did say elves and humans aren't good enough to eat, anyway." /Vashnak told him. He gripped his sword from his leather belt.

"Yeah you’re right, what was I thinking?" Proshnak asked himself stupidly.

/"I don't know. What were you thinking?" /Vashnak said again rolling his eyes.

/"Let’s bring her to the village!" /Proshnak blurted out loud.

/"Can't. He's might to be too heavy for us to carry him. And what if he wakes up/? /What then? How do we know this elf, human thing would kill us/?" Proshnak said. Too mad their only orc children (4), they don’t have the body strength to carry it . Their father would be proud if they found a elf or a human scout.

"How do you know, she is a he?" Proshnak asked him suddenly.

Vashnak stared at his brother. What kind of question is that?/"I know its a he, Proshnak. It looks like a he."/ how can you answer that kind of question anyway at times like this?

"Well I'm calling 'he' a she. She looks too much feline-ish to be a he. There is no hair on his back or chest." Vashnak slapped him on the back of his head. "Ouch! Why did you just do that for?"

"Because you are a moron!" Vashnak said angrily.

/"I'm not!" /Prokshnak yelled back.

"Are too!"

"I'M NOT!"

"ARE TOO!"

"I'M-- "

"WILL YOU SHUT UP!" Vashnak yelled making his younger brother to shut up. What if there're more then one of strange creatuers out here?

"Why?" Proshnak asked blankly. What was wrong with his brother? Vashnak never backed down without a fight./"We need to tell dad of what we just found."/ So that's whats wrong.

"Oh yeah. Okay. Shh, now. She is sleeping." Proshnak said happily, following his brother, as they blended into the darkness.Vashnak rolled his eyes. The two of them silently walked away heading to their village, away from the unknown creature that was still sound asleep.

(End of Chapter)(1) Vashnak: a orc name that I found when I was looking through good Orc names. Just a list of made up words that look orc-ish from WoW (World of Warcraft).

(2) Proshnak: Another orc name that was above the name above.

(3) Boshnak: Same in the list, however I looked for names that has "nak" in the end of them for the whole family. So you would all know that they are related to one another.

(3) Hellên Acerbus: the word “/Hellên” /means “Tribe” in Latin and “/acerbus/” means “death” in Romanian. I just put then togeather becaues it looked cool.

(4) Orc child(ren): just like their sister kin: the elves, orc children are orc children as elflings are elf children.

Words: 1,579

Author's Notes: I belive that many authors in fanfiction would agree with me that Orcs need a different look then everyone else give them creit for as everyone else sees then as evil, Suroun's lapdogs. They all have feelings, just any other. They have families of their own and many of them act tough but in the inside wouldn't hurt a fly. I wanted Proshnak to be a innocent orc child that only thinks of fun and little naive then he should be.

Good Orc(s) Challenge”: To any Author out there that wish to do this Challenge. The story must be about one or group(s) of orcs that are "good", different from the Orcs that we see from the movies & books. In the story, you must show the way these orcs live, their families and their way of life, such as: their customs, their religion etc. Also make a believable excuse WHY and HOW these orcs are "good". In this Challenge, you must write a reasonable way to get these orcs to help any LotR Character that you choose; doesn't matter where in the time line, it is your choice. The Plot of the story is also your choice. This Challenge is NOT a one-shot. It MUST be a more then one chapter story. Good luck.

AND PLEASE, if you do this Challenge notify me, so I read it. :)

Read and Review*--FireChildSlytherin5

*
Sign up to rate and review this story