Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > Last Hope of Mankind

Chapter 3

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

Estel age 11 has been captured by orcs. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth be...

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Aragorn - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-02 - Updated: 2007-10-02 - 2289 words

0Unrated
Last Hope of Mankind

-

Summary: AU Estel age 11 has been captured by orcs after he was attacked with pack of wolves. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth been false all this times? Are they any different from elves, humans and any other beings? And why has this orc child keep pulling his hair as if wanting to play with him? What would Estel learn from them that would help him during the War with the Ring and when he is King? Or will he in the end be killed by the other family that he only knows by calling him a traitor?

-

"Ten Soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head"
--Euripides/
-/

"Talking"
"Elfish and Black Speech”
'thoughts'

-

Chapter Three

-

A white tiger was in front of him. Its bright blue eyes stared at him, as if studying him of what he would do next. Kaghed, Warlord (1) of the Kingdom of Matryia (2) and tribal leader of Hellên /Acerbus/, grabbed his sword waiting it to attack. But the young tiger did not attack. It was walked closer, Kaghed stared at it.

'What is this vision telling me?' he asked himself. As the white tiger approached him , Kaghed saw around its neck was a black cord necklace, a rounded amulet, with beads and claws hanged from it. Looking at it closer, Kaghed eyes widen as of what he saw. It was the mark of his people that they given to their children. But his kin do not worship nor do they viewed the white tiger as a spirit from the Gods. What does it mean? Is this a child from another kind or child that his half of his kin?

The white tiger walked past him, walking through the shadows. It turned back, and in Kaghed surprised it wasn't a white tiger that he now saw. It was a human child. The child wore elfin clothing; he had bright blue eyes, and dark hair. The young child smiled at him as if he knew him. Kaghed looked down around the boy's neck. There was the same necklace that the white tiger had worn.

Suddenly, the boy turned into a young man, not yet in his kin a full adult, but much older and wiser looking. Instead the man wearing elfin or man armour that Kaghed thought he would. Instead the young man wore pieces of orc armour and ranger clothing, the same type that he himself wore. The human's sword was of elfin made, Kaghed thought, as he remembered many times before that many elves used to try to kill him in battles before. He didn't recognize the sword, for it was ancient type of sword that he guessed was made thousands of years before.

The young man nodded and bowed at him as if saying a good bye for the last time or perhaps for a very long time. Slowly the young man disappeared before the young man replied,/ "Kaghed... Kaghed..."/Slowly the vision faded.

-

Kaghed woke up with a start, grabbing his hand knife from under his pillow. He was back into reality, in his tent. Quickly Kaghed got dressed, grabbing his sword as he went. Outside his tent, cold morning air swept though him, as young orc child ran past him, chasing a hellhound pup (2) down the muddy paths on the clearing that they made up in short decades ago, when their whole tribe came to this forest to escape the humans from Rohan who killed many strong men of their tribe long ago. Kaghed sigh in frustration still thinking of what he witnessed in his vision.

'What was the vision mean?' as he thought this, Kaghed walked up one of the females of their tribe, who handed him a chuck of meat to eat from a doe that was caught in the forest just a few hours ago.

Kaghed gladly took it from the young female, who flashed her eyes at him. Kaghed shook his head, quickly walking away. The elders of the tribe kept telling him to get mate, which in his opinion, he was not ready. There is many young females would gladly became his mate, he knew, but he couldn't. War is coming, and he can't make a female mate-less, and seeing from a young age of what happened to his mother when his father never came home from a battle.

As he thought this, two orc children ran out of the forest in high speed, running to a male orc. Kaghed sigh. What are Prasshnak's sons up to now?

They were cry of fear coming the enlarging group. Something is not right. Something was wrong, very wrong. Kaghed approach the group. Vashnak and Proshnak were in the middle, telling all who would listen of what they witnessed the forest just a few moments ago.

"Dad, we found an elf or a human in the forest!" Proshnak blurted out to their father. Praashnak son of Kraanak looked at his youngest son is disbelieve. What was his son talking about? What elf or human? There wasn't a one in years in this forest! They made sure they were safe...

"What are you blabbing on about? What elf or human, son?"

Praashnak asked him, hoping that he heard wrong."That's what we mean, father. A youngling as of what it looks like. We must show you—"

Vashnak stopped, after seeing Kaghed, their leader, standing there in the crowed."Tell us from the beginning, Vashnak."

Kaghed told the oldest one. 'An elf or human child? Was this being from his visions? What are God and their kin spirits trying to tell him?' He had to know."Well—"

Vashnak started. He was tongue tied. How can you tell of your experience to your king, that he yourself couldn’t believe it?"Me and Vashnak were walking in the forest, minding our own business. You know walking around."

Proshnak said seeing that his brother was not specking. Kaghed nodded turning to the younger brother."Then I saw this strange figure lying on the ground in a tree truck! What kind of being would sleep in a tree?""Get on the point, Proshnak!"

Vashnak told his brother in a hash tone, annoyed that he was get the attention that he should've got.Proshnak looked at his brother is glare before continuing his story/. "Me and Vashnak came closer. It was female elf or I think it's a human."/ Proshnak said in an afterthought.

Kaghed looked at the orc child in a weird look. 'A female? Surly it wasn't the boy that he saw in his vision'

"It’s a he, Proshnak." Vashnak said, folding his arms in front of him. His brother can be so stupid at times.

"How can it be a he? It looked to female-ish!"

'/So they can't agree of the gender? Only they could argue over gender at times like this/.' Kaghed thought, trying not throttle the two orc children in front of him.

"Both elfin and human children do look similar, even in gender. Are you sure, it was elf or human?" Kaghed asked them. They both nodded.

"We thank you for telling us. Can you both show us where this being is?"/"Yeah, come on! Before she wakes!" /Proshnak said. Kaghed followed the two orc children, telling all to stay in the village, as six other males and few females followed. You cannot be too careful.

*-
o0o0o0o0o
-*

Estel woke up with a start. 'What was that?' Estel slowly got up, raising his hand knife in front of himself. Was he just amazing things?

'I better start moving.' he thought./ 'Ada and the others would worry about me.'/ But where to go? Everything around him was the same of every direction. Nothing but trees, bushes, no paths, and nothing else. Birds chipped above him, looking up he saw nothing but tree tops.

Just as he was started to walk to the same direction as he was walking, he stop in horror as he heard a blood sucking howl that echoed though of the still forest. Everything around him became quiet. No birds chirp, no wind blowing through the trees tops, no bugs buzzing around. It was as if the forest itself knew something foul was near. Someone or something is really to kill...

Estel's heart beat, beat faster within his chest, his breathing quickened. He had the feeling telling him to run, he knew he was being watched. But how can he run without knowing that he'll run towards the thing that he's trying to run away from?

A growl was behind him. Slowly Estel turned his head of that where he heard the growl.

A dark figure walked into the clearing. It was a wolf.

The wolf was very large; its ratty black coat was covered with mud and insects. It's yellow orbs of eyes glared at him with longing hatred, its yellow razor sharp teeth dripped of saliva, blood and foam. From what Ada told him about wild dogs, that this thing had rabies and if he is bitten and escaped he would die of horrible painful death. And this wolf knew it.

Estel slowly walked back, hitting his back on a tree. He watched in horror as the wolf's pack showed up. They were crowded around him. He was trapped.

Estel raised his knife in front them, waving it around at him in front of every wolf that walked closer to him. The pack walked closer, mocking him, treasuring his fear and dread of their victim before them.

Then a hot boil pain shot up though him. Estel felt his blood drip down from his front and his back. His skin and muscles was torn from his side of his neck as one of the wolves bite into his left side of his small neck and shoulder. If Estel was little older and bigger he would've been dead as the wolf just barely missed the killing spot of his neck. Estel screamed, crying for help, knowing that no one would hear him. No one was close enough to hear him.

The other elves were right. He was weak. He was not fit to live. It was his destiny to die here and be fed to these wild blood thirsty wolves. If only they would kill him instantly, not letting him feel pain beyond believes. It wouldn't be so bad of dying if he was already dead.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!" Estel cried again, praying that someone would hear his cries. He doesn't want to die, even if it is his fate to die like this. No! He is too young, even in human years he was still a child! He was only 11 years old; he hasn't seen the world yet!

Estel fall onto his knees. Finally the wolf let go. The wolves circled him playing with him, still treasuring the feel of his pain and helplessness.

The wolf leader jumped for the kill.

Its head fell on to Estel's lap, as its lifeless corpse laid in front of him with a thud.

Battle cries pierced though the forest, as large dark figures appeared killing all the wolves in fast motion.

Before Estel fall unconscious he thought, as unknown brace of person caught him before he fall onto the ground. 'Finally Ada and the others found me...' In a long time that felt forever, Estel lied down on the soft forest floor and knew no more.

(End of Chaper)

Words: 2,310

(1) Warlord: is the Orc form of speech which means King or Ruler of a Orc Kingdom. Warlords (or at times when females are ruling they are called War maids or War ladies?) are usually the cleverest, the strongest, the firstborns of the past Warlord (maid), bravest of their royal line.

(2) Matryia: An orc kingdom beyond Mordor. It was a large country, behind Mount Doom. It is said to be a thriving country before wars were fought when many traveled west into Middle Earth thousands years before. It is said that Lord Elrond’s great-great-great parents were one of the millions who traveled west who helped founded Rivendell during the First Age

There are few reading of Matryia, it said to be myth. Very few had traveled there and said to never return.

(3) Hellhound(s): are what I made up of orc version of the orc pet. When they are full grown, they are large as horses and can carry a ton of weight. Orcs use them as horses. In Ancient times, At Matryia they were used for guarding gates.

Good Orc(s) Challenge”: To any Author out there that wish to do this Challenge. The story must be about one or group(s) of orcs that are "good", different from the Orcs that we see from the movies & books. In the story, you must show the way these orcs live, their families and their way of life, such as: their customs, their religion etc. Also make a believable excuse WHY and HOW these orcs are "good". In this Challenge, you must write a reasonable way to get these orcs to help any LotR Character that you choose; doesn't matter where in the time line, it is your choice. The Plot of the story is also your choice. This Challenge is NOT a one-shot. It MUST be a more then one chapter story. Good luck.

AND PLEASE, if you do this Challenge notify me, so I read it. :)

Read and Review*--FireChildSlytherin5

*
Sign up to rate and review this story