Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > Last Hope of Mankind

Chapter Four

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

Estel age 11 has been captured by orcs. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth be...

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Aragorn - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-02 - Updated: 2007-10-02 - 2500 words

0Unrated
Beta-ed from slytherin-mafia. Edit-ed Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last Hope of Mankind

-

Summary: AU Estel age 11 has been captured by orcs after he was attacked with pack of wolves. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth been false all this times? Are they any different from elves, humans and any other beings? And why has this orc child keep pulling his hair as if wanting to play with him? What would Estel learn from them that would help him during the War with the Ring and when he is King? Or will he in the end be killed by the other family that he only knows by calling him a traitor?

-

"/Death is no more then passing one room tin another
But there's a difference for me, you know
Because in that other room, I shall be able to see/"
--Helen Keller/
-/

"Talking"
"Elfish and Black Speech”
'thoughts'

-

Chapter Four

-

"She's over here!" Proshnak whispered. The band of orcs followed the two orc children (1), as they silently walked through the thick forest; blended into the darkness as if they were part of the darkness itself. There were ten of them in all, two of which was only orc children and one was their Warlord. Each of them wore armour made of both fur and leather from creatures of the forest; there black symbolic covered bows, hung from their backs, and their razor sharp swords grasp in their hands ready for battle.

Their cotton and leather clothes were covered in sweat as they ran though the forest floor, unlike their kin from the lands of Mordor; they were they were like dwarfs then elves, even when elfish blood run though their veins, as if they were yet another type of elf. Even when many orcs and their brethren elfin race would never admit it.

Warlord (2) Kaghed raised his sword closer to himself, in grace that no one would ever thought an orc would possess. Shortly others of his group did the same, knowing that their Warlord have strange feelings when something is amiss, and which they are right, unknowingly, as Kaghed took many deep breaths to calm his ill thoughts. 'They must go faster. Something is near, something terrible is going to happen!' /he thought/.
/
"Are we near, Proshnak?"/ Kaghed asked the young orc child, who looked up to him in awe.

"Aye, Warlord! She is just over there!" Proshnak whispered, as he pointed at where he and his brother had seen her--him, but stopped in horror of what was in front of them though the thicket of the trees.

There was small dark figure surround by a pack of blood thirsty wolves, raising it hand knife at the hideous creatures before him. Kaghed covered his nose, as a strong stench went up his sensitive nose. 'Argh, blood and filth... Worse than the smell of battle and death.' Kaghed thought.

"What are we going to do my lord?" Erigdish guardian of Hellên Acerbus (3) asked Kaghed. He had a soft heart when children are in danger.

"It’s a human male child." Kaghed muttered under his breath, ignoring of what Erigdish asked him. He himself, haven't seen a human child this close before, as when he was in a human village, the male humans always protected their helpless women and children from them. 'He looks so young, so small...' Were all human children that small? Or was this child that small because how far they were from him? 'Is this the human child in my visions?' he wondered.

Just as he thought this, a wolf jumped on top of the human child by the neck. Kaghed's heart leaped up in his throat in horror. They were too late.
A child's scream pierce though the quiet forest, making everyone that was witnessing this cruel event cringe. They watch as the human fell onto his knees, expecting the child fall face down dead.

The human fell onto his knees, holding the bitten wound on his neck and shoulder, as thick rich red blood pour through his small fingers.
The human child is still alive!

The human child kneel there in front of the of the Alpha leader, hissing in pain, his face in terror. "SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!" the child cried praying any God, anyone would try and save him. Kaghed look up in the sky, not knowing what to do. A fearful, whispering voice was in the air. Where was it coming from?
No please... I don't want to die like this! I'm too young to die! I'm only 11 years old!

Kaghed's eyes widen. Was he hearing the child's thoughts?

...The other elves were right...

'Elves? He lives with elves? I thought he was human.' Kaghed thought confused.

...I am too weak. I am not fit to live. It is my destiny to die here and be fed to these wolves...

'No child is condemned to die, young one.' Kaghed thought sadly to the child.

The wolves started to circle around the young child./ 'I have to do something or the child will surely die!' Kaghed thought. The only thing that kept holding him back, was the thought of 'what if there's is more of them?'/

The wolf leader jumped for the kill.

Kaghed didn't think twice. Kaghed leaped up through the trees, yelling his battle cries, raising his sword above his head, just as the wolf was mere inches from killing the poor child, unaware as a spiritual connection started to form between them both.

Kaghed chopped off the wolf's head that landed on the child’s lap covering the child's front with the wolf's blood. The wolf's corpse fell with a large thump. The other wolves in the pack didn't know what was happening until it was too late. The rest of the band of orcs appeared out of the nowhere, jumping though the trees after their leader, killing them all.

Kaghed turned to face the child. The humans' face was pale of the lost of blood. His dark eyes were dripping of exhaustion. Kaghed approached the child catching him before he fell face down on to the forest floor. The child closed his eyes, a ghostly smile spread across his angelic face, snuggling into Kaghed's warm body heat. Kaghed tighten his hold of the child, as the child grabbed his armour with a firm hold. Kaghed wondered why he suddenly felt strange, as if he was connected to this human child...

...Finally, Ada and the others found me...

Kaghed gently sat the child down; gently slide the child's grip from his armour, covering him with his cloak. He watch as the child fell into unconscious.

"Is she--is he dead?" Kaghed looked up to the orc child, Proshnak's eyes was widen in shock, as he looked around himself, seeing the wolves' corpses. Kaghed sighed in defeat, as this was the orc child first time seeing true death. Seeing how life could be taken by any life form... Kaghed hoped it wouldn't hurt the orc child’s innocence. His older brother, Vashnak took Proshnak into his breast, hugging him.

"No. He is now resting." Kaghed told him. He looked up at the rest of the restless group./"Leave the beasts of where they lie to rot. We must bring the human child to the witch healer."/

"But Chieftain! Do you think this is wise to bring a human to the clan? What if his kin comes looking for him?"

"Then we will let his kin take him, Aguk. We must not lead the child die. Now go, I'll carry the child." Kaghed said firmly.

The others did not question again of his strange motives. Whatever season that Kaghed bring the human child had must be the best of their kingdom. Kaghed, in his few years of ruling when his Uncle, who ruled before him and was killed a decade ago, never led them down before, and they knew he never will.

Kaghed, gently as he could, picked up the child awkwardly for he never carried a child before, mostly because he himself never had children of his own and he is the only child his mother and father ever had.

The child whimpered, blood still pouring from the wound. Kaghed covered it with a cloth.

Then something shimmer to his right. Picking it up with his free hand, as the other holding the child, he picked up-- a dagger. It was stained with black and red blood, sniffing it; the first thought that came to mind was 'Mordor'. Did the child fought against the orcs form Mordor before he came here? Or was this child was attacked by a band of orcs, escaping them and got separated from his family? Kaghed tightened his hold of the child, thinking of all the what ifs.

/"I'm here young one. Everything is going to be alright. I'll protect you." /Kaghed whispered to the child's ear.

The child slept on.

*/-
0o0o0o0o0o0o
-/*

Elladan sneered at this twin brother, Elrohir, as the young elf looked down in shame. They still haven't found their brother. The band of elves looked, called for the young human, not knowing what fate had brought to the young child. 'It’s Elrohir fault that Estel is missing!' Elladan thought angrily, looking behind a tree in the dark forest, hoping beyond hope that he would find Estel sleeping peacefully. But sadly there was nothing there.

"Milord," Elladan snapped his head up, glaring at whoever disturbed his thoughts.

Dyalain bit his bottom lip nervously before he contained. "We must go back to Imladris. I know it pains you that we cannot find Estel. You need rest and a healer, my lord." Elladan knew Dyalain was right. He needed rest. Rivendell is only a few weeks away on horseback. If they leave now, then Estel would be more in danger and lost then before. Estel is far too young to be out here by himself. Surely Dyalain meant well, but he will not let his younger brother die out here.

"No, Dyalain," Elladan hissed. "Keep searching."

"My lord, this is foolish! You are bleeding for God's sakes! The band of orcs that escaped will come back with much more forces and surely they will attack Imladris! We must go back to Imladris an tell your father of what we found!"

Elladan sigh. He knew Dyalain was right. But what would his father and Estel's mother would say when they come back without Estel?

"Then go Dyalain. Take your group and go to Imladris and tell Lord Elrond, my father of what we found. I will stay here to search for Estel."

"No, you are injured! You must come with us to Imladris! You will die if you stay. Surely Estel will understand for you to go back to Imladris for you are injured. He will understand. Sent your brother Lord Elrohir and his group to stay here to search for him. Please milord, please try to understand. I know you sine you were an elf child and your father since we ourselves elf children. I know your father will understand for you to go back home." Dyalain said, pleading for him to agree.

Elladan nodded, knowing that the Elder was right, again. He hoped that his father would understand and forgive him. He felt so responsible of Estel's disappearance. Would Elrohir fail him again if he orders his brother and his group to stay here?/ "You are right, as always, Dyalain. I thank you for getting me to see reason." Elladan said slowly in defeat. Dyalain smiled at the younger elf. "Elrohir!"/ Elladan called for his brother.

Slowly Elrohir jumped down on the ground./ "I am so sorry, Elladan. Please forgive me! We cannot find him."/ he told his brother as he approached.

Elladan sighed. He truly wanted to forgive his brother, but not now. "I must ask you a favor." he said. Elrohir nodded. "You and your group will stay here and search for anything of where Estel had gone to. I will go to father and tell him at what happened. I will leave first in the morning."

Elrohir nodded, knowing that it pained Elladan for this painful decision. It make since that he would stay. It was his fault that he told Estel to run in the forest in the first place.

"I understand brother. I will not fail you. Have hope brother."

(End of Chapter)

Words: 2,517

(1) Orc Child: just like their sister kin, the elves, orc children as elf child are elf children.

(2) Warlord: is the Orc form of speech which means King or Ruler of a Orc Kingdom. Warlords (or at times when females are ruling they are called War maids or War ladies?) are usually the cleverest, the strongest, the firstborns of the past Warlord(maid), bravest of their royal line of the firstborn Warlord, the first ruler of their kingdom. If the first born is too young or there are no children of the former ruler, the second born (usually the younger brother or sister of the former ruler) would be the next in line of the throne.

In this story: Kaghed was too young to rule when his father was killed. His uncle Lord Karguk younger brother of his father, became ruler. He was a ruthless and strict ruler but never suck so low to join "the Great Eye". Most believe the reason for this Lord Karguk because he was power hungry and feared that "the Great Eye" would take the throne from him. Many times Kaghed was almost killed by his uncle, for when Kaghed gets old enough will be leader not him. In the end though, Kaghed killed him in a life and death duel. Ever since then, Kaghed had ruled.(3) Hellên Acerbus: the word “Hellên” means “Tribe” in Latin and “acerbus” means “death” in Romanian.

Good Orc(s) Challenge”: To any Author out there that wish to do this Challenge. The story must be about one or group(s) of orcs that are "good", different from the Orcs that we see from the movies & books. In the story, you must show the way these orcs live, their families and their way of life, such as: their customs, their religion etc. Also make a believable excuse WHY and HOW these orcs are "good". In this Challenge, you must write a reasonable way to get these orcs to help any LotR Character that you choose; doesn't matter where in the time line, it is your choice. The Plot of the story is also your choice. This Challenge is NOT a one-shot. It MUST be a more then one chapter story. Good luck.

AND PLEASE, if you do this Challenge notify me, so I read it. :)Read and Review

--FireChildSlytherin5

Sign up to rate and review this story