Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > Last Hope of Mankind

Chapter 5

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

Estel age 11 has been 'captured' by orcs. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth ...

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Aragorn - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-20 - Updated: 2007-10-21 - 2641 words

0Unrated
Last Hope of Mankind

-

Summary: Estel age 11 has been 'captured' by orcs. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth been false all this times? Are they any different from elves, humans and any other beings? And why has this orcling keep pulling his hair as if wanting to play with him? What would Estel learn from them that would help him during the War with the Ring and when he is King? Or will he in the end be killed by the family that he only knows by calling him a traitor?

][-
"
When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left,
and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
---Eram Bombeck
"Talking"
"Elfish"
'thoughts'
"Black Speech"

Chapter Five

Kaghed sat the child on his bed. He stepped back, as the female witch healer (1), Brura checked over the human child, ignoring everything else but the child. She was at first hesitant, as she never treated a human before. But that quickly changed as just one look at this poor child, told her that he was like each and every child she ever treated in her life. One of her daughters (the youngest of all her five children) was almost the same age as this child on this bed, it pained her of what his parents would think, when he never came back home. Would they believe him dead or worse? What if his parents are dead? She hoped that the human child do have a home to go to.

Brura cleaned the bite wound thoroughly detergent for several minutes. After what felt like hours, Kaghed watched as the witch healer, applied alcohol and pieces of herbs onto the wound, wrapping it into cloth. There was nothing else to do, Kaghed knew, remembering his father coming home one night having bitten wounds. They have to apply more alcohol and herbs and change the wound every few hours. Brura picked up a cup felled with sleeping herbs. She sat up the child, who eyes were slightly opened.

"Here young one. Drink." Brura calmly whispered to the child. After a few adapts, the child drink from the cup. Quickly the liquid took affect, the child closed his eyes and went into a dreamless sleep. Brura gently sat the child down, sating his head on the pillow, covering him up a thick blanket. She turned to the Warlord. "Have the child take this drink every few hours, to numb the pain." giving a sack of herbs to put in tea. Kaghed took it, unsure fully of what to do with it. "Do not alarm him, talk to him quietly and gently when he wakes. Change the bandage every few hours if the blood went through, you will. Let him walk around do not . Rest for a some weeks, he needs. May God and the spirits guide him they will."

"Some weeks?" Kaghed asked. Does she mean that the human child stay with him for weeks at a time, in his home and in his bed?

"Of course my lord, a wound like that, have those scars for the rest of his life he will. Take a easy for long time to let it heal and all, it will. Your son or your new charge, is he?" Brura asked him smiling.

Kaghed stared the healer. His son? Surly she doesn't think he would impregnated some female out of wedlock specially to a human? "He is my charge for the time being." he told her. He wasn't truly lying. He would have to take care of the human child until he is strong enough to go back home. 'Where ever his home is.' hopefully where ever this child came from, they would bring him back, when he is healed. If not, he feared that this child would never go back home to his family, until he was old enough to live on his own. Judging by the looks of the child's age, it would be more then decade or more, unless was he related to elves... then that would be more of a problem. For both his people and the child's sakes.

"I thank you for your help, Brura." Kaghed said to her. Brura smiled, bowing her head in respect. She had left.

Kaghed turned to his new charge that lied on the bed peacefully slept, slightly smiling. '/He won't be peaceful when he founds out where he is/.' Kaghed thought, knowing that this child was taught to hate him and his people. Why did Mordor had to fight against the Free beings of Middle Earth those thousands of years ago? Because of that kingdom, allying with a wizard that calls himself, the Dark Lord Suraon and now he's called the Great Eye, everyone views his people as evil. The Kingdom of Mordor has fallen long ago, breeding in dark magic. There is no true orc that's from there. All of them are dead now. His people, his kingdom is the only true Kingdom of their kind. The Kingdom of Matryia (2), the kingdom next and beyond the Lands of Mordor, where legends and myths say orcs and elves had once lived together in peace, and at one time one kin.

Kaghed stepped closer to the human, checking him as if to make sure the healer didn't miss anything. As usual, Brura didn't. Kaghed picked up the dagger he picked up from the same clearing that they found the child. He guessed it belonged to the human child. Kaghed picked up a wet cloth, started to clean the blood and mud off from it. As he did this, thin carvings was seen on halt and the dagger itself.

Kaghed stopped, his eyes widen in shock as he recognized the carving of Elfish writing and symbols was shown. The dagger itself was beautiful, knowing that his kin would never made such a beautiful dagger, for his people pride themselves more of how to make sharp, more war like weapons then how it shines. Kaghed, thanking the spirits of his mother teaching him the enemies writings telling him it will come in handy someday. He read few of these writes.

Estel.

'That means... hope.' he thought to himself. Yes, Estel means hope in elfish. But this writings was on one halt, as if it was name of who it belonged it to, not a prayer. What this the child's name or the tribe he came from? Knowing of little of elves, he hoped it was the child's name. He couldn't think of any elf would pride themselves coming from 'The Tribe of Hope'. If this is the child’s name, he can’t use name Estel. Many men of his kingdom, look down of elves, mostly because the elves kill many of them.

'Until he wakes, we will know of his true name.' Kaghed thought. If his name is Estel, he need a new name. Something that means the same or close of how to say it of his name, if his name is Estel, that is.

'Mokûrz' the name whisper into his mind. Kaghed smiled. Yes, a good name, meaning hope in Uruk.

Kaghed sat down on the head of bed, gently has he could, started playing with the child’s hair, like his own mother used to do when he was Mokûrz's age.

'Maybe this isn't going to bad thing having a child in my home...' Kaghed thought as the child snuggled closer to him for warmth.

-
o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo
-


'So warm.' was the first thought that Estel thought as he slowly opened his eyes. Dulling pain shot up from his neck and shoulder. Painfully he sat up and looked at the bandaged shoulder. The bandage itself was of a dark colour, his blood was soak though.

'Ada's bandages aren't like that.' Estel thought. He looked around himself of the unknown surroundings. He was some kind of tent like home. A fireplace in the middle of it; few furniture on the tent like walls; fur pelts of creatures that Estel didn't want to know what they were hanged on the walls; skulls of humans, orcs, elves and other different animals that he didn't know hinging from the ceilings; and rugs of different colours spread covering the dirt floor.

'Where am I?' just as Estel thought this, a man like creature came though the tent door.

Estel stared at the new comer in fear. It was a orc, he was sure of it! What is an orc doing here in his Adar's home? 'Or what if I'm not at home? What if I'm in Mordor?' that can't be! Mordor is months away (he thinks) from where he and his brothers were when they were attack. Surly he wasn't knocked out that long. Estel looked at the orc, waiting for it to attack him. Or if the elflings at home was right, the orc would eat him!

Estel looked at the orc, whom stood there as if waiting for something. The orc was tall strong looking male, with long black hair that pulled into a ponytail, it wore armour made from metal, fur and leather of some kind. Its dark eyes stare at him, in Estel surprised, with kindness and... concern?

The orc smiled... 'Smiled? Can't be. Orcs don't smile.' Estel thought to himself. He watched as orc picked up something beside the bed. A sack of some sort. The orc moved closer to him and reached out to touch him...

Estel moved away, hissing in pain as he moved his shoulders and neck. The orc was in his way of escape. He was to sore to move. Estel cursed of being a human again. Unwilling, Estel knew he was a the orc’s mercy. ‘/Would the orc kill him quickly or painfully?/’

The orc smiled sadly, shaking his head as if to tell him not to do that. "Its... okay. Not going to hurt, yeh." the orc said slowly to him. The orc's talked in such an accent, it took Estel a few seconds to understand of what the orc just said. Again, the orc reach out to touch him. Estel bite his bottom lip, waiting for the orc to throttle him. But nothing of that sort came. Opening his eyes, Estel watch, again surprised, as the orc unravel his wet blooded bandage, revealing the ugly wolf bites, and discarded the blood stained cloth on to the floor.

Estel stared at his wounds, wide eyed. Why does he only feel a dulling pain? Did this orc drugged him or something?

Estel watched as the orc applied more alcohol, carefully not to hurt him, onto his wounds. Looking at it as if to make sure there wasn't any infections, then applying herbs of some type of plant. Seeing no infections, the orc started to wrapped another clean cloth around his neck and his shoulder. Estel was more confused then ever before. Why is this orc helping him? All his life, the elves and his mother always told him of what orcs were capable of is only death and destruction. And nothing else. If that is true then why is this orc healing him, like Ada would do if he was here? Or is this orc just healing him, so he would be better sport to play with when he is fully healed?

Finishing the orc looked up to his eyes. "What is yeh name?" the orc asked him.

Estel bite his lip. It couldn’t hurt to tell the orc his name would it?

"/Estel/." Estel said, smiling slightly at the male. Maybe the orc wasn't so bad after all, but he can't be his guard down, he is an orc, after all. But then again, his sword was left in the battle field and his hand knife is not near him, maybe this orc took it to make sure he wouldn’t use it.

The orc smiled again, accepting this new forming friendship.

The orc placed his hand on his chest and said in one word. "Kaghed." the orc said. 'Was that the orc's name?' Estel asked himself.

"Kag... Kaghed?" Estel repealed back, testing out this form of name, not wanting to be rude or anything. The orc nodded at him.

The orc sigh, his eyes looked at him straight into his eyes. "I can't call yeh, Estel/, here, young /Estel. Many men 'ere don't like elves much. I will call yeh Mokûrz. It means hope too." Kaghed told him. Estel nodded his head, telling the orc that he understood. It makes sense what the orc said. Orcs that he met before Kaghed cry in rage of seeing an elf and more so when anyone spoke in elfish. Maybe he can trust this orc, maybe just a little...

"Are you hungry? --Are you hungry, Mokûrz?" Kaghed, the orc asked him. Estel looked at him. Was he repeating his question in his language and in common? Estel nodded.

"Here." the orc said, pulling out something from his pocket handing him some rear meat. Estel took it from him. He never had rare meat before, living with elves most of his life, and they cooking their meat thoroughly. He watched as Kaghed started eating his share of the meat. Seeing it wasn't poisoned, Estel bite into it. '/This so good/!' Estel thought, as he started to wolf it down.

Kaghed laughed at the sight, seeing Est--Mokûrz eating the meat. The young human would be a great orc one day, giving him time. But soon, they will find Mokûrz's family, Kaghed thought sadly, as he was looking forward of spending some time with Mokûrz. He is good kid. Hopefully Mokûrz's family won't kill them when they found him, blaming them from kidnapping. Kaghed hoped that he still had family left. No child deserved no family.

(End of Chapter)

[*]Words:* 2,445

(1) Witch Healer: or commonly known as a “witch doctor” . They are tribal healer or magician: in tribal societies, somebody who practices healing, divining, or other magical powers.

(2) Matryia: It is a large country, just beyond the mountains behind Mordor. It is said to be a thriving country before wars were fought when many traveled west into Middle Earth 1000s years before. It is said that Lord Elord’s great-great-great parents were one of the millions who traveled west who helped founded Rivendell.

There are few reading of Matryia, it said to be myth. Very few had traveled there and said to never return.

Author's Notes: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT:( But look, a long chapter. So be nice!

Author's Notes II: Kaghed is going to start calling Estel, Mokûrz. Just telling you all that so none of you guys would be confused.

Author's Notes III: And yes, Mokûrz means (I think) Hope in Uruk.

Author's Notes IV: The reason why Kaghed is calling Estel, Mokûrz is because that Kaghed wants to protect Estel from men in his village, thinking of getting revenge would do good in killed him, because of him being human and living with elves in his first part of his life, which to me would be bonus of one of the reasons to kill him. Also the name of Estel is in elfish, and most orcs hate everything elfish, so to me I would hate the language of my enemies too, so why don't orcs hate that Elfish language too?

Read and Review

---FireChildSlytherin5
Sign up to rate and review this story