Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > Last Hope of Mankind

Chapter Six

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

Estel age 11 has been 'captured' by orcs. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth ...

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Aragorn - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-25 - Updated: 2007-10-25 - 2061 words

0Unrated
Last Hope of Mankind

-

Summary: AU Estel age 11 has been captured by orcs after he was attacked with pack of wolves. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth been false all this times? Are they any different from elves, humans and any other beings? And why has this orc child keep pulling his hair as if wanting to play with him? What would Estel learn from them that would help him during the War with the Ring and when he is King? Or will he in the end be killed by the other family that he only knows by calling him a traitor?

-


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."
-- Saint Thomas Aquinas
-


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Talking"
"Elfish and Black Speech”
'thoughts'

-

Chapter Six

-

It been a few weeks since Estel aka Mokûrz was brought to the orc village of Hellên Acerbus (1). Slowly his wounds was healing, still a bit sore each time he move, and each time Estel wince even once, Kaghed was always there for him to give him some pain killer herbs to eat or to comfort him late in night, screaming about a nightmare or missing his elfish family.

Kaghed hardly ever left his tent, watching over him like a cat to her newborn kittens. Kaghed talked to him in both Common and the Black Speech, mostly repeating question and answers, because Kaghed hardly spoken the Common language in his life, ever since his mother died many years ago. It would be easier of Estel to understand the Black Speech, if he was going to stay with them, as only Kaghed knew the language.

Estel hated himself each time he specked in the Black Speech, for he felt many times that he was betraying his family and the other free being of Middle Earth. For these past weeks, Estel could understand little of the Black speech, only basic words such as "thank you"; "you welcome"; "My name is.."; "I'm hungry" and so many other simple words.

He had never left the bed, or rather never went as far as one foot from the bed, when he had pee in a bowl when he had to go, and Brura insist that he stay in bed. It was very uncomfortable to pee in bowl lying down on the bed, Estel knew from expertise. At least Ada (father) let him go to the toilet room when he was at home each time was he was in the Healing Wing in Rivendell. Estel wondered if the orcs had a outhouse or something of that sort. Maybe not, when Kaghed never led him outside or anything.

Only once and the last time, Estel tried to get off the bed, Kaghed scowled at him catching him red handed, something that Ada (father) never once did. Kaghed’s eyes seemed to bleed, his long yellow sharp teeth shown when he was angry. Estel shivered at the memory. Note to self: never get an orc angry.

Estel however seen the outside, from far away sitting on the bed at the other side of the tent of course. He had seen hellish made dogs like things running about, similar to the creatures that he saw other orcs ride like horses during battles; orc children who had heard about "the weird little human in the tent" who were too curious of their own good that spied on him every change they got from poking their heads through the tent flap door way.

Shortly many times, in Estel amusement, were scowled from their mothers. One however did had a good spanking afterwards for punishment for not listening to his mother when he was told not to go near the human boy, whom Estel winced at the sound and cries from the orc child made of each slap the orc mother slapped his butt checks. Estel himself never was spanked before, for the elves never believed spanking their children would be good for punishment. He heard from his mother, that humans punish their children in same way.

Estel couldn't think of why anyone would want to hurt their children for punishment. Ada (father) always knew other ways for punishing them, he and brothers, such as putting them in a corner; grounding them to their rooms; or strangely enough no deserts for few weeks.

For this particle day, Estel was bored out of his mind. There was nothing to do then sitting on this bed, waiting for his wounds to heal and sleep. He was tired of sleeping, waiting for his body to heal itself and counting how many things are in the tent, even his toes.

Just as Estel was about to sigh in annoyance, Kaghed came through the door way.

"Can I go outside now, Kaghed? Please?" Estel wined at him, sitting up on the bed. Kaghed sigh. Mokûrz been asking him that for days now. Surly the human would know the answer by now? The answer was always "no", until the healer, Brura said he could go.

"Nar (no), Mokûrz. You know the answer. Nar. Not until Brura said you can go." Kaghed answered him. Estel folded his arms, scowling at the wall next to him.

'Stupid orc' Estel thought angrily.

Kaghed sighed, as he approached the human. "I know you want to get off the bed, Mokûrz. Tor puzg lûpizish (Please stop asking me). I really want you to ukhagh tail (go and play). But I also want you to heal properly." Estel knew he was right. But lying on the bed this long... it was killing him mentally! He is going insane.

"I have nothing to do, Kaghed! No one but you to talk to. When you’re out I'm alone." Estel said looking down to the blankets. Kaghed thought about something. Maybe he can go find an orc child or two to play with him in here.

"I have an idea. I'll be right back. Do you feel any pain?" Kaghed asked him.

Estel shook his head no. Kaghed smiled and left.

-

"Proshnak! May I see you for a moment?" Kaghed asked the orc child as he approached a group of orc children that was biting and hitting each other. Proshnak looked up from his game that he and few other orc children were 'wrestling' in the mud. Proshnak followed the warlord to the entrance of his tent.

“What is it my Lord?” Proshnak asked him.

"I have a little job for you.” Kaghed answered.

Proshnak jumped happily. “What is it? What is it?”

“I need you to stay with Mokûrz and play with him. He is very lonely right now and needs someone to play with him. He hardly speck our language. Only Common." Kaghed explained to him, biting his lip as he mentally thought 'and Elfish'. Proshnak nodded, his eyes widen. "He cannot get out from bed, so play something that doesn't move that much. He's just right inside. Don't approach him quickly. Be yourself, talk gently. Can you do that?" Proshnak nodded again. Finally he can met the human that he found the tree truck! Finally he found out the human's name!

Proshnak followed Kaghed into the tent. Estel was sitting on the bed, his arms folded on his chest. Estel looked up surprised to see Proshnak standing next to Kaghed. He never had been this close to an orc child before. All his visitors were Kaghed and the healer.

"Here is your new play mate. Proshnak met Mokûrz. Mokûrz, Proshnak. Play nicely. I have things to do. I will back Mokûrz, gadhlizg (I promise)." Kaghed said. Estel nodded at him, as the older orc left.

There was silence in the tent.

Proshnak looked at the human closely, like he and everyone else in the village, never was this close or never seen a human child before. He had dark wavy hair that went down to his shoulders. Bright blue eyes and heart shaped face. The human was slightly dirty; Proshnak guessed haven't taken a bath in days. Proshnak smiled. He and Mokûrz will get along just fine, he never like taking a baths of any kind. To him water is evil and the only thing good about water is to drink it, nothing else. Too bad Estel can't speck his language that well.

'I wonder what his favorite games he likes to play?' Proshnak thought to himself.

Estel watched the orc like creature. 'Well it didn't look like an orc' Estel thought, as this little orc didn't look like any orc that he met in the battle field. Proshnak, or whatever Kaghed called him, looked too elfish then an orc. Maybe it was because of his innocence look about him or that his figures are more feline then Kaghed or that kindred face with a large smile a crossed his face.

"Hi." Estel said, not knowing what to say to the orc child.

"Hi!" the orc replied, clearly not knowing what he and himself just said.

"Okay..."

"Okay..." Proshnak said. ‘I wonder what human hair feels like...’
Proshnak reached out and pulled his hair. ‘00, soft and dirty! I like it!’ Proshnak thought.

"Ow!" Estel yelped. Estel was more then fed up now. 'Is this orc going to repeat every single thing I say and keep pulling my hair?'
Proshnak giggled. Estel made a face, that made Proshnak laughed even harder. After a few minutes of laughing Proshnak stopped, bored from laughing. He looked into his pockets, pulling out his treasures that he held so dearly in his life. 'I hope this human like my treasures.' Proshnak thought.

Estel watched as the orc child pulled out rocks of each different colour and shape, bones with weird looking symbols on them, balls of rolled up fur, jewelry of old looking rings and necklaces, and oddly enough at some type of hide that was skillfully dyed and drawled. It looked it wasn't finished nor was isn’t anything that Estel had seen before.

"Latu narmok ul (You like them)?"Proshnak asked him. Estel, still not good with the Black speech, only knowing only few words of what he just said. Estel nodded, seeing that it made the young orc child jump happily.



Estel smiled. Maybe he would like this orc creature, maybe just a little.

(End of Chapter)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 2,068

(1) Hellên Acerbus: the word “Hellên” means “Tribe” in Latin and “acerbus” means “death” in Romanian. So in my fic is called “The Tribe of Death” in English.

Author's Notes: To anyone there, YES the words that you see in Italic are the words in Black Speech. Of course, Estel doesn’t know the Black Speech and many of us don’t, including me (I copied and paste them) I put English words after them, so you know what they are saying. Just to let you know the Black Speech isn’t 100curate so please don’t flame them saying that I don’t know how to type Black Speech language.

Also I’m sorry for all those who are Elrohir and Elfish fans. But oh well. I promise the next chapter will have a part about them. :)

And don’t forget about Brura fans! Lol! She will be in the next chapter.
“Good Orc(s) Challenge”: To any Author out there that wish to do this Challenge. The story must be about one or group(s) of orcs that are "good", different from the Orcs that we see from the movies & books. In the story, you must show the way these orcs live, their families and their way of life, such as: their customs, their religion etc. Also make a believable excuse WHY and HOW these orcs are "good". In this Challenge, you must write a reasonable way to get these orcs to help any LotR Character that you choose; doesn't matter where in the time line, it is your choice. The Plot of the story is also your choice. This Challenge is NOT a one-shot. It MUST be a more then one chapter story. Good luck.

AND PLEASE, if you do this Challenge notify me, so I read it. :)

Read and Review

--FireChildSlytherin5
Sign up to rate and review this story