Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Golden

The Fight

by romanceisdead11 0 reviews

And all the mothers raise their babies to stay away from me.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-10-02 - Updated: 2008-01-01 - 2621 words - Complete

0Unrated
Golden
Romanceisdead11
Chapter Fourteen:
The Fight
“And all of the mothers raise their babies to stay away from me.”


RANDILYN’S POV

I awoke that night, and I remembered what it felt like to be held again. It was a peace that I had missed, a peace that had grown on me. I buried my head into the crook of Pete’s neck, and took his scent in. it was musky, and manly, a smell of something old but totally new, a quiet unnoticeable oxymoron. Everything about Pete was an oxymoron, but that’s what made me attracted to him.
“I’m glad you’re back, my love,” he said into my hair.
I kissed his collarbone. “Me too, you have no idea how hard that was for me, to leave like that.”
He pulled me back, and gave me a kiss of desperation. “You’re never leaving again. If you do I don’t know what I would do. There’s only so many ways to kill a vampire.”
“Don’t talk like that, or I’ll be going with you to the grave,” I said.
He sighed. “Look at us. We’re so in love.”
“As we should be.”
“I suppose.”
He then flashed a brilliant smile at me, and that made me smile. It didn’t matter anymore that I saw the hint of vampire teeth. He wasn’t a vampire to me, he was just a man, one that I loved and cherished so much that I could die for him.
He then held me close again, burying his head back into my hair.

PETE’S POV

She smelt like a bouquet of black roses. Her hair mussed for the night before, but still so beautiful that it made me weak. I just wanted to dive into her right now, and never come out. Who could ever learn to love a beast? Randi could.
I needed to cherish this moment because in a couple days I knew what would happen. William’s posse would come looking for her as a last dying wish of William’s. She had told me the night before of how she killed him, and I could see in my mind her tiny frame carrying his huge bulky body into the sunlight naked, and she covered in the blackest of black, while his white pasty skin was exposed.
She was my hero. She was stronger then I could ever be. She was brave enough to face her fear and break her own heart to save the ones she loved. I would always admire her for that.
Now with her here my heart was whole. It was filled with compassion, and amazement that one could love so convincingly.
“You know they’ll come for you?” I asked her.
She nodded. “It’s a given.”
“What should we do when they do?”
She thought for a moment, a puzzled silence coming over her face. “We will fight.” She was so determined for this.
“Is that your solution to everything? To fight?” I asked her.
She shook her head. “No, I have three solutions in life. The first one is to love with conviction and compassion, the second one is to fight for love or beliefs, and the third is to feed.”
I watched as she spoke this, and with each new statement a new fire shown in her eyes. What a vampire manner she had adopted. What had William done to her while she was with him? She had changed.
“Would it be too bold if I told you I think you’ve changed?” I asked.
She looked at me. “In what way have I changed?”
I couldn’t honestly answer this. “You feel different. Like you came back to me after a war, and you were a POW. Does that make sense?”
She nodded. “I suppose you’re right. But if only you know what he made me do when I was with him you would understand.”
I could see the tears gleaming in her eyes.
“I did not mean to upset you, love. But please tell me. You can trust me still. Nothing you confess could make my love for you disappear.”

RANDLYN’S POV

“I did not mean to upset you, love. But please tell me. You can trust me still. Nothing you confess could make my love for you disappear.”
This is what I loved about him. He wanted to help so much. He was so selfless and giving.
I swallowed hard. “I drank human blood for the first time when I was away, and I liked it. I liked the way my teeth tore through flesh, and how the blood tasted like honey on top of my tongue. How my taste buds danced with delight as the red substance trickled down my throat. But now I want more. I need more, but I don’t want to turn into a monster. My stomach aches for the taste once more, but at what cost a dead human? Someone I love?”
His arms wrapped around me tighter, if that was possible, as he spoke, “You do not have to be a monster. The guys and I have talked and we figured you could have a donor. Someone to freely give you blood without the murder, and the killing.”
I shook my head. “Who is going to want to freely be a vampire’s donor?”
Suddenly a voice said, “I can help with that.” And the door to the coffin opened and standing there was Patrick. He was a hero all along.

THREE DAYS LATER

We decided to hire someone to scour the streets for William’s posse. A guy we had come to call Dirty because he was just so dirty. And tonight we finally got something. He had found them downtown.
And tonight we’re striking. We’re taking all four of us, and all the other vampire cliques who want peace, and we are taking over.
I was now getting ready in our room. I decided to dress in my black skinny jeans with my black high top converse and a turtle neck shirt. The shirt was tight and stuck to my body. The pants were tight against my hips.
I stood there looking at myself in the mirror making sure I didn’t get anything on my clothes when Pete came up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders.
I turned my head and kissed one of those hands, the rough beautiful hands that knew how to handle me at my worst, the hands that played that bass so elegantly, and the hands that I loved.
I felt his face in my hair and his breath on the back of my neck as he spoke, “You are so beautiful. Like a sunrise that I’ll never see.”
I turned around and looked at him. He had on eyeliner thick surrounding his eyes, and his face was gracefully pale. His hair was over his right eye, and it was black as night. He wore a pair of my camouflage jeans, and layers upon layers of shirts with a hoodie. I could see the muscles on his arms, and underneath the shirt.
He put a rough hand upon my cheek, and I moved my face into it. This was it.

PETE’S POV

She turned around to look at me and I looked at her. I took her in. She was wearing all black, her trademark. Her long black hair was parted to the side, and part of it was covering her face. Her makeup was just eyeliner, and gold eye shadow, she never really needed it anyway. But the thing that was the same about her that I would always remember was her eyes. The emeralds dug up from the bottom of the ocean and placed in her eyes. They were the thing that I loved most about her.
I put a hand to her cheek in a calm silent gesture, and her face moved into it, and then I pulled her into a kiss.
This kiss was not like any of ours before. The taste of her was the best. And as I moved my tongue across her bottom lip she opened gratefully. Out tongues bound and twisted like licorice. And then we broke apart.


Now we were on the street. We pulled up in the car and got out to chaos. Humans and vampires were running everywhere. And then I heard Randi hiss, and I looked to where she was looking, and I couldn’t believe my eyes.

RANDILYN’S POV

This wasn’t happening. This couldn’t be happening. I killed him how could he be back? Last time I checked William was dead.
But he wasn’t. He was sitting atop a car, drinking tea, and stroking his mink. What pussy not to fight.
I looked at the guys, and they looked at me. “Let’s do this. The right way, no regrets, got it?” They all nodded.
We all rushed off in different directions. I took on the dandies who were seducing women by dancing with them. What a sick, sick game they played.
“Hello, boys.” I said.
They all looked at me, which broke their concentration, which made the women realize what was happening. They looked at me. “Run!” I shouted. They moved as fast as they could.
The dandies all came to crowd around me. I started to count them. “Hmm. There are five of you and one of me. it hardly seems fair . . . to you.”
They all came to me, and one by one I took them down.
I caught one by the throat, and snapped his neck. The next one came from the side, and I sent him to the ground with enough force to crack his skull open. The next two came at me simultaneously. Both of them were staked. And all that was left was Brendon.
“Well, hello pretty,” he said circling me. I stood still.
I sighed. “You’re way too confident, moron.”
“I bet you’re wondering how William came back. Well, if you must know I fed him my blood to save him,” he said rather proudly.
I shook my head, “You’re foolish. You should never fight after giving that much blood. This means you’re weak.”
“Weak, my ass,” he said jumping after me.
I moved out his way, and he fell on the ground face down. I straddled him on his back brought his neck up about to snap it. “No, no, please don’t,” he said begging.
“And why not? Don’t think I don’t know it was you who tricked me into coming to William,” I said angrily. And without anymore pleading he accepted his fate, and I twisted his neck. He was gone.
I looked up to see William scowling at me. “Is this who you send to do your dirty work?” I shouted.
He got off of the car.

PETE’S POV

I fought with vigor of knowing that if I made it out alive I would be with Randi. We would get married, and we would love each other for eternity. I made sure that I did not get hurt at all.
“Is this who you send to do you dirty work?” I heard her voice above all of the commotion.
I looked over and saw Randi speaking up to William. I saw him get off the car, walk over, and smack her in the face.
“No!” I shouted, but then I was tackled by five dandies at once. I needed to pay attention, but I needed to know Randilyn was alright.

RANDILYN’S POV

“No!” I heard Pete’s voice.
My head snapped to one side, and the sting was imprinted upon my cheek. “Oh, baby hurt me so good,” I mocked as my face moved back to face him.
He snickered, “I knew you liked it.”
I gave a cynical smile. “I knew real men never hit women. So, come on, kid, show me what you got.”
He laughed, and threw a punch that hit me square in the face. Blood came out of my nose. I moved my hand to it, and looked at the blood there. I then stuck it to the tip of my tongue. “Tasty.” I said.
His hand moved again, and hit me in the stomach. I doubled over in pain and shock. He was really doing this. I then felt his hands take my head, and I felt his knee come in contact with my face. I fell to the ground.
“No! Randilyn!” I heard his voice again, and it was heartbreaking.

PETE’S POV

I saw her take the hits he gave her with no repercussions. What was she doing? Trying to kill me.
“No! Randilyn!” I yelled. She could not do this. She just couldn’t.
I ran over, and blocked William’s next hit. “Oh, what a romantic story this one is.”
“Bite me!” I responded.
He smiled, “Gladly.”
We fought it off. Each of us getting hits in, each of us feeling the pain. I had never fought William before, and this was new to me. He had abilities I didn’t know about.
He kicked me in the stomach so as I doubled over I knocked him down. He got back up, and it just went on and on. I never thought it would end, but he took my feet out from underneath me, and I fell with my back to the ground.
He bent down to look at me, “What do you have to say before you die?”
I looked over at Randi’s limp body. “I love her,” I responded. Little did he know that while I said this I pulled a stake from my sleeve. As he brought a stake upon me I brought one to him, and then I felt the sharp pain in my chest, and a body fall upon mine. Then it all went black.

RANDILYN’S POV

I awoke a few minutes later to hear someone say “I love her.” I waited a few minutes and I heard the silence. I knew the fighting had stopped.
I felt my nose, and it was completely healed. Being a vampire you learn new things everyday.
“Randi?” I heard someone say, and then I saw Patrick’s, Joe’s, and Andy’s faces above me.
“Are you alright?” Andy asked.
I nodded. “Yeah, how’s Pete?” They all looked at each other. “What?” I asked.
“I don’t think he made it, Randi,” Joe answered.
I sat up then stood up, and I looked over to William’s body lying on top of Pete’s. I felt the tears of blood start to run down my face, and I went to push William’s body off of Pete’s.
I grabbed Pete’s body and set him in my lap. My tears spilling on his face, I pulled the stake from his heart.
The blood curdling sobs that came from my heart shook the town. Everyone around me knew I had lost a great thing.
“Marry me?” I heard the voice weak, and soft. I had no clue where it was coming from.
“What? Where did that come from?” I sniffed.
“From the body you’re mourning over,” I heard this voice again.
I looked down, and Pete’s eyes were barely open. “What?”
“Randilyn Marie Carter will you marry me?” he asked.
Everything was coming all at once. I didn’t say anything. “Dammit! Randi just fucking say yes already,” he said from below.
I nodded, and he smiled.


A/N: To Ashleigh and Jackie. Haha. Gotcha.
Sign up to rate and review this story