Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Broken Down On Memory Lane

Twenty Three - We're Finished Making Sense

by punkypromqueen 3 reviews

Sorry it's been so long - started school again. Lame I know. This is kind of a little chapter, well it's big-ish. lol. It's an important one though. p.s. Poll results are in, seems like eve...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-02 - Updated: 2007-10-03 - 1469 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Who’s at the gate?” Patrick groaned as he flipped over and buried his head further into his pillow.

“I don’t know.” Kate replied as she covered her eyes shielding them from the sunlight pouring through the window. “Hold on, let me put on my magical surprise glasses so I can tell you.”

“Cute.” He mumbled into his pillow while wrapping an arm around her and pulling her towards him. “I love you no matter what you know that right?” Patrick buried his hands in her hair as he finally looked up to meet her gaze.

“Well I hope so, you didn’t even buy me dinner first.” She smiled and laughed as he nudged her.

“Way to ruin it.” He rolled his eyes as she continued to laugh.

“I know, I know I’m sorry.” Kate apologized before closing the last few inches of space between them, kissing him softly before pulling away.
“Don’t break my heart this time, kay?” She sighed while lightly running her fingers through his hair.

“I promise.” Patrick swore while tucking a few loose strands of her hair behind her ears before cupping her face in his hands and kissing her gingerly.

“Can you answer – ” Kate started as she pulled away from him but was cut off when he ignored her and attached his lips to hers once more climbing on top of her as he did so.

The buzzing however continued and after a few more minutes Patrick sat up annoyed as Kate laughed.
“Just get the door it’s not like I’m not going to be here when you get back.” She replied while nudging him out of the bed with her foot.

Reluctantly he dressed and padded out of the room and over to the door not bothering with the intercom to the gate as he pushed the button to let whoever it was in. He waited impatiently by the door and not more then 5 minutes later there was a knock so light he probably wouldn’t of heard it if not for the fact that he was standing right there.

“Ashlee?” He questioned confused while glancing behind him to make sure Kate wasn’t aware of the guest.

“Can I come in please?” She whispered while crossing her arms over her chest timidly.

“I really don’t think – ” Patrick began with a sigh but was silenced when the blond put her palms up.

“I just need to speak to Kate.”

“I know you aren’t that stupid.” He replied while raising his eyebrows inquisitively.

“Just please.” Ashlee sighed as she dropped her gaze to the floor.

Pulling the door open cautiously Patrick ushered the blond inside before turning on the balls of his feet yelling for his wife.

“Ugh who is it?” Kate whined as she wrapped herself tighter in the sheets.

“Ashlee.” Patrick replied while walking into the bedroom getting there just in time to see her sit up quickly.

“You let that thing in the house?”

“What was I supposed to do?” He countered while pulling at Kate’s sheets urging her to get up, get dressed and go into the living room.

“You don’t like having sex do you?” She glared at her husband before getting out of bed and huffing around until she was at least decently dressed. “Ever.”

Groaning he let his head fall back as he followed her out of the bedroom.

“Do you have a death wish?” Kate spat as soon as she walked into the living room.

“Look, I didn’t know where else to go.” Ashlee stood up quickly. “It’s just I feel bad about what happened with Pete . . . and his wife.”

“You should and her name is Sara – get out of my house.”

“No, wait.” The blonde pleaded, “Nothing happened – I swear we were just working together. You need to tell her that please, I know you can fix this.”

“This isn’t my battle and I don’t – ” Kate paused to put a hand to her chest as she hiccupped, “I don’t need to do,” She paused again to hiccup once more turning her back to Ashlee while taking a deep breath.

“Are you ok?” Patrick asked concerned and frowned when Kate shook her head ‘no.’

“Oh God.” She moaned before running into the direction of the bathroom.

Cocking her head to the side Ashlee watched curiously as the small brunette disappeared into the hallway she then looked at Patrick who was more then confused as he glanced in between the direction of the hallway and then at Ashlee. Gesturing for her to hold on for one second he also disappeared into the hallway.

“Are you ok?” He asked timidly as he entered the bathroom cautiously.

“Yeah.” Kate sighed as she rested her head on the wall, flushing the toilet before reaching her hands up silently requesting Patrick’s help.
She sniffled reflexively before noticing that Patrick was looking at her strangely. Kate felt her nose running and subconsciously reached up to wipe it only being surprised when her hand was bloody. Glancing at herself in the mirror she groaned loudly.
“What the fuck?!” She screamed at her reflection before letting her head drop severely annoyed now.

Patrick squirmed visibly uncomfortable at the sight of her blood but still managed to hand her some toilet paper to attempt to stop the bleeding.
“Maybe you’re getting sick?” He offered as a suggestion as he watched her hop up onto the bathroom counter still holding the paper to cover her nose.

“Are you crazy? I throw up and get nosebleeds all the time, you haven’t noticed?” Kate groaned sarcastically as she leaned back onto the mirror closing her eyes as she did so, trying to urge the dizziness into submission.

“You know, maybe you’re pregnant.” A voice replied from the bathroom doorway startling the couple and causing Kate to glare at the blonde who had no business being in her bedroom. “My mom said that she would get nosebleeds all the time when she was pregnant with me.” Ashlee nodded while leaning on the doorframe.

“Well,” Kate paused to take a deep breath, “your mother was carrying the spawn of Satan, I would imagine she would be bleeding from someplace.” She spat bitterly.

“Ashlee go home.” Patrick sighed before turning to face the tall blonde.

“I’m just trying to help.” She replied while standing up straight.

“Who said that you could even come in here?” He retorted, “Just go.”

“Ok, alright.” The blonde replied while putting her palms up, “I’m just saying not to rule pregnancy out.”

“I can’t have kids!” Kate yelled upset at the fact that Ashlee had basically forced her into this unwanted confession.

“Oh, I’m so sorry – I didn’t know.” She stuttered obviously surprised and now visibly flustered.

“No, you didn’t.” Patrick replied flatly, “Just leave, you know the way out.”

The blond left silently, leaving the couple once again alone in the bathroom. Patrick had watched her leave but quickly turned around once he heard his wife sob.

“Hey, don’t cry.” He went to embrace her but she put up her hands stopping him from getting any closer.

“I’m fine.” Kate sniffled, “It’s just a whole lot of shit happening all at once.”

“Yeah.”

“I mean with me and you, and my brother and Sara and now Ashlee – I didn’t want her to be involved with this, not that she’s my favorite person or anything but she isn’t solely to blame – it’s just easier to blame someone you don’t love I suppose.” The brunette finished rambling and wiped her nose for the last time deciding that she was done bleeding. “I’ve never not been talking to my brother before,” Kate stopped to think some more before continuing her ramble, “I’ve never had to choose sides between my family and my best friend who is basically my family – I’ve never not been able to have kids before. You know what?” She paused to sigh, “I’ve never thrown up and gotten a nose bleed in the same God damned day.”

“I have. Thanks for that.” Patrick chuckled slightly and could only continue to smile as she rolled her eyes at him, “But it’s probably something you ate, if it gets worse well go to the doctor.”

Kate nodded, still lost within her own mind.
“This is ridiculous.” She replied while chewing on her bottom lip.

“Life’s just kind of shitty right now.” Patrick responded before gingerly tucking her hair behind her ears.

“But,” The brunette sighed, “I don’t know.”

“I know what you mean.” He replied while leaning his elbows on the counter.

“I know you do.”
Sign up to rate and review this story