Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Great Romances Of The 21st Century

Seasons Change But People Don't?

by sillyperson 3 reviews

Everybody needs to talk things through with people...otherwise wheres the understanding? Things start to unravel as peopel show there true potential (Brendon)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-10-11 - Updated: 2007-10-11 - 1405 words

0Unrated


Brendon’s POV

I sat under the tree and hastily lite up my cigarette, you see, I was the only one here because about now I was supposed to be in our weekly assembly but I really couldn’t be asked to sit in the lecture hall for an hour and practically fall asleep. I was surprised when I noticed Spencer walk over the field towards me.

“Dude…what you doing out here?” I called as he slumped down next to me.

“Can’t be fucked with the whole lectures today…and other stuff too,” He sighed while also shoving a cigarette in his mouth.
“What…other stuff?” I asked while raising an eyebrow. Spencer nervously tapped the end of his cigarette to let the butt fall off onto the cold hard floor.

“Elspeth stuff,” He said finally.

I knew exactly what he meant by that, I nervously threw my cigarette onto the floor and stared at his low complexion.

“What actually happened?” I muttered while staring at the floor.

“Brendon where the fuck was your head that week?” Spencer said angrily.

I quickly glanced at him, that worried look was seeping from his eyes, I nervously moved my mouth and hoped for the right words to come out, “Well…it was just a hectic week…. So much shit had happened I wasn’t really paying much attention,” I said honestly.

“Oh,” Spencer mouthed while slumping his body weight against the tree, “I was an idiot, that’s what happened and now I’m paying for it even more.” He sighed honestly.

“Well,” I paused and gently put my hand on his shoulder, “You can talk if you want and then I could maybe talk to Elspeth about it?” I said comfortingly.

“Sure…I’m surprised really Bren,” He smirked.

I looked at him wierdly I had no idea why he was smiling, I thought this was supposed to be deep and meaningful.

“What?” I asked while raising my eyebrow.

“Nothing…anyway, basically what happened was she was spending too much time with some other dude and I broke up with her.” He said causally.

“Who, is and or was the other guy?” I said while feeling my heart racing in my chest.

“No one…look it doesn’t matter now,” He sighed while combing his fingers through his hair, “Anyway…the point is here that I want her to be able to have a cival conversation with her…but she doesn’t seem to want that to happen.” He murmered.

“I see,” It was the only thing that came into my head.

As the bell rang for lunchtime i watched as Spencer hung his head and walked away. Yes I did know Elspeth better than anyone else that I had a friendship with, but she was stubborn, and I most certianly didn’t want to get on the wrong side of her.


Elspeth’s POV

I stared at the slop that resembled my lunch, gently pushing the fork in and out of it, my appatite was soon lost. I slowly rolled my eyes over Patrick who was sat opposite me. His hat hiding his careful eyes.

“You gonna eat that?” He asked from behind the rim of his glasses.

“Have it,” I sighed while pushing it towards him.

I stared in amazement as he quickly devoured the very food that had been keeping my tired thoughts company. Patrick shyly smiled at me as I slouched in my chair. He was the quiet guy that would, well, just hang with anyone. He didn’t particulary hate anyone…he was too nice for that.

“Elspeth!” I heard a voice cry from behind me, I quickly turned my head to reveal Izzie stood before my eyes.

“Well that is my name,” I said sarcastically.

She gently rolled her sea green eyes and grabbed my arm.

“We’re going to the tree,” She said informally.

I pulled away my arm and grabbed my bag. In a way it was lucky that izzie had pulled me away from the canteen as I noticed Eleanor waiting in que for some of the ‘food’ it had to offer.

“Why do we even need to go to the tree anyway?” I asked while trying to keep in pace with Izzie’s quick stride.

“Because there’s something I need to tell you,” She said while letting her pace quicken some more.

You see Izzie was the type of person who would very easily tell you something, but she always had to be sure that it was by the tree. The tree of trust she would call it…and then Spencer would claim it as bullshit…


Brendon’s POV

“Why do you always write in that book at lunch? I mean dude…Seriously?” I asked as Ryan sat down on the grass a few meters away from me.

“Because perfect words don’t come to mind often,” He paused and looked up form his journal, “And when they do I write.” He said while ending with a smile.

“Oh right,” I sighed while staring out over the field.

I loved the colour green, it was so neutral and calming, and in a place like this calming was what a lot of people needed, especially with the amount of testosterone hanging about. I glanced towards the side of the filed and noticed Hayley sat on the grass eating her lunch.

“Keep an eye on my bag will you?” I muttered to Ryan as I got up and started to stride over towards the side of the field.

I didn’t know why I was bothering here, but I knew how it felt to be alone, and to be quite honest it’s not nice especially on your first day.

“Hey,” I said casually. She slowly looked up and waved at me, I waited a second for to empty her mouth.

“Hey you’re the guy from biology right?” She asked as I sat down next to her.

“Yeah that would be me,” I muttered while pulling some of the grass up from the roots, “Why don’t you come and sit over with me and my pal Rye?” I asked while glancing into her eyes.

“Well how do you know I don’t find the grass company?” She smirked.

“Well unless this grass happens to be weed then its not gonna make you happy is it?” I smirked back.

”I wouldn’t actually know,” She laughed.

I noticed Elspeth and Izzie walk over to the tree, they both looked pissed off.

“You know…on second thoughts maybe it’s better if we stay over here.” I said while lying back onto the grass.

“Don’t you mean you?” She asked while raising an eyebrow.

“No…” I paused and grabbed her arm and pulled her back onto the grass, cushioning her with my arm, making it so, that I had my arm around her. "I mean both of us." I smirked.

“Is this how what all your conversations are like?” She asked with a shy smile leaking onto her lips.

“Actually believe it or not…no.” I smirked while staring at the sky.


Elspeth’s POV

“Elspeth are you even listening to me?” I head Izzie’s voice echo into my ear.

I continued to stare out to the edge of the field.

“Hello?” She moaned while clicking her fingers in front of my face.

“Oh…I’m sorry but what?” I asked while clicking back into reality.

“You know recently you’ve always been off with the fairies,” Izzie sighed while gently hanging her head in her hands.

“More like off daydreaming about a certain Mr Urie.” Ryan chimed in with a smirk on his face.

“Shut up Ryan,” Izzie and I said in unison.

I continued to stare out onto the side of the field. They were both lay down, him and Hayley, he’d only known her one day and he was already all over her. That wasn’t the Brendon I knew…at least he was never like that me.Maybe Ryan was right in a way what if I did have a thing for Brendon?

Sorry about the delay in updating i haven't had chance, i am writing a greys anatomy fic on another website and it consumes alot of time but don't worry i'm not giving up on this one, heck its only just begining. Please review. Ty Muchly.
Sign up to rate and review this story