Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Great Romances Of The 21st Century

One door closes and another one opens

by sillyperson 0 reviews

In this chapter I’m introducing a new character to add to the love cauldron, which (trust me) will bubble over. Ever seen grey’s anatomy? Well I’m using the character ‘Derek Shepherd’ but...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-01 - Updated: 2007-12-01 - 1034 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four: One door closes and another one opens

In this chapter I’m introducing a new character to add to the love cauldron, which (trust me) will bubble over. Ever seen grey’s anatomy? Well I’m using the character ‘Derek Shepherd’ but he’s a lot younger and some of the whole grey’s thing may coming in with the Package i.e. Meredith.

Brendon’s POV

The repetitive ringing of the bell echoed into my ear. It was finally over; the first day back was over, such a relief. I noticed Elspeth quickly rush out of the classroom. I ushered my things into my bag, regardless of the way it was all messy in there, and I tried to go after her. She’d been avoiding me all day; she knew that the thing I hated most was being ignored because I hated hurting people’s feelings.
“Elspeth?” I called up the corridor, she just continued to walk at her fast pace. I bit my bottom lip and ran towards her. I wasn’t usually one to run…but I just didn’t know, there was something different today, maybe I’d finally clicked. By that I mean, maybe it was time that my feelings for girls were surfacing…talk about late bloomer. I quickly grabbed hold of her hand feeling her smooth skin stroke against mine. She stopped and stared at me, carefully arching her eyebrows.

“Are you okay?” I asked while feeling her squeeze my hand in hers.

She slowly looked up the hall with her big blue eyes, gently she rolled her eyes and pulled me down the hall and outside onto the field.

“No Brendon…I am not okay,” She said while letting go of my hand.

I noticed a tear form in the corner of her eye; she quickly looked away soon returning her glance into my eyes sending shivers down my spine.

“You’re a completely different person…it’s almost as if…over the summer, you’ve changed. Why can’t you be like that with me?” She said seriously.

“What? I haven’t changed…” I stuttered I didn’t know what to say, I felt my cheeks burn a little as her eyes stared at me.

“Okay well when you finally get it in your head that you have then we can finish this conversation.” She said angrily while storming off across the field.

“Elspeth…”I sighed, luckily I was smart enough to keep my distance because right now she’d probably hit me if I went after her.

“Hey dude,” Spencer greeted while placing his hand on my shoulder. “What you staring at?” He smirked.

I sighed and turned around.

“Nothing…its nothing, come on we gotta get to band practise,” I sighed while pulling him away towards the school gates.


Elspeths POV

I quickly paced the pavement as I turned up in street. How the hell could Brendon be so blind, I knew that he wasn’t exactly the best at reading people but he was really being an ass this time. I slowly walked up the path way to my house; as usual my mother wasn’t there. The autumn leaves were free falling from the cherry tree leaving a blanket covering my drive, untouched by any human contact. I sighed as I searched around in my bag for my keys, it really would be a perfect day if I didn’t have them.

The wind’s gentle breeze parted the odd leaf from its branch as I opened the door to my home, “Hey Elspeth,” I heard a voice call from the side of me.

“Oh hey Derek,” I smiled as my neighbour walked up my path.

I often saw him round at school but we weren’t entirely great friends, the only real connection we had was our parents being friends with each other. He had a lot of sisters so he was really good with girls, and he always knew what to say, which made him very talkative and easy to get on with. I knew I was pissed off, but as the wind blew his perfectly combed black hair to the side of his head, he looked really cute. It then again regained its original combed back composure with the help of Derek’s fingers.

“My mom said to give this to you, it’s an invitation to a party we’re holding next weekend,” He said politely.

“Oh cool thanks,” I smiled while glancing into his deep ocean blue eyes.

“Yeah it would be really cool if you could make it,” He smiled softly.

“Just me?” I asked while feeling a grin to escape from my lips.

His cheeks went a shy shade of red.

“Well and your mom…but well-“

“Don’t worry I knew what you meant,” I smirked.

“Oh okay,” He laughed while gleaming his pearly whites, “Well see you round in classes and stuff.” He smiled while walking off down the driveway.

“Yeah see you round Derek,” I called while glancing at the invitation.

As soon as I got into the house I threw my bag onto the floor and I slowly slid down the door and opened the invitation. The more that I thought about the more I realised, what if Derek had a thing for me? We weren’t best friends but I had known him as long as Brendon, he just had a different group of friends to me.

“I don’t know,” I sighed.

So much had happened today, I just needed to sleep, and in my dreams everything will go away, everything will be okay. I glanced down at the floor and noticed a note, from my mother no doubt. I hated that she was never around, and even when she was, she was either tired or depressed. And my dad…I hadn’t seen him since I was seven, friends were everything to me. My father always used to say ‘one door closes and another one opens.’ Today was the only day I had truly found out the meaning of that phrase. Period.


Reviews? Would be good
next chap up wen i can be bothered
Sign up to rate and review this story