Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Love lore of the Wind and Sea

The first exchange

by Neptunestears 0 reviews

The lore continues:

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Published: 2006-01-06 - Updated: 2006-01-06 - 709 words

1Ambiance
Chapter 4

Uranus scanned the area warily and rubbed her eyes frowning. The colors and shapes of this watery world shifted so much that she couldn't focus on one thing at a time. Straining made it worse, her eyes hurt from the effort. She shouted out again to the last place she heard the voice, discovering later it was near by and moving in location.

"Who's there? I warn you I am a trained knight and..."

"And are as wounded and as helpless as a new borne babe." The soft voice replied, a smile in their voice.

The knight smirked and relaxed a fraction telling from the voice it was a woman. Never the less she knew that women could be just as dangerous, self experience told her that. Yet this voice was soft, soothing and brought warmth and comfort. That scared her more then anything else. It had to be some sort or witchcraft or magic cast on her.

"Then you must be a sprit to come and haunt my wretched soul. Go back from whence you came. I need no company and would as soon be on my way."

"I've been taking care of you, 'sir' knight. The least you could do is to show some appreciation." There was a small splash and a surfacing sound closer to where Uranus was standing. The knight women backed farther away from the sound and tried again to see through the shifting mists.

"Where am I spirit? Show your self, I hate guessing games."

There was a slight pause. The only sound was the churning waves and the gentle slaps of water against the cove and a soft sigh. Finally the voice whispered again from the mist.

"Not yet my brave one, you are not yet healed. You must stay here until you're able to fly again. Please relax and lay back down. I won't hurt you."

Against her will Uranus slowly sunk to her knees before half laying she felt tried again and was hungry and wondered if this person was going to give her something to eat. She scowled herself continuously to fight these thoughts and get away from this enchantment, but she had no where else to go and was helpless in a sense. That was more troubling to Uranus in its self. She couldn't remember ever being helpless and at someone's mercy since she was young. She quickly made up for her weakness by saying it was only temporary till she figured out where and who this person was. It was better to pretend to be a friend, then to make a potential enemy in her condition.

All these thoughts swirled in her head and she sighed shaking them away. That voice was talking to her again.

"What?"

"I said, are you hungry?" That soft voice had asked. It was right next to her yet shifted also like she was part of the mist and this blue green sliver hued canvas. Uranus gave up trying to see and just nodded a little, grumpily.

"I'd rather starve then take anything from you, though." She remarked venomously. That was met by a pinch on the arm like a mother correcting a troublesome child. The knight made a surprised noise and glared at the shifting form of the voice.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners?"

The knight looked away with hardened expression.

"My mother died in child birth as I was borne. I never knew her."

The last words caught in her throat as she said them. She never bothered to tell anyone that. What made her want to now, and to this total stranger?

"Oh, I am sorry... That must have been hard for you."

The voice answered in response quietly, truly sorry, and farther away this time, slowly fading. Uranus looked over and saw a collection of various things to eat and her own flask filled with fresh water beside her where the shifting illusion sat earlier.

"You never told me who you were..."

Uranus called out again getting nothing in response but the waves churning and a hint of the wind blowing high above her. She sighed and reluctantly began to eat. Her body's needs were stronger then her fear and possibly her common sense.
Sign up to rate and review this story