Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

Helena

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

I live in hell.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2007-10-17 - Updated: 2007-10-18 - 804 words

0Unrated
Helena. That was my mother’s name. I thought it fit her because she lived in hell. And I, being her daughter, lived in hell as well. My neighborhood was in the “bad” part of town. There were spooky, run-down houses every two blocks, plenty of graveyards, huge crime areas, and some very strange inhabitants. My house was nearby a lake, and sometimes, I saw dead bodies floating along. Good thing I was not like my preppy friends, or I would have been scared to fucking death.

Once I got off the big, yellow bus that delivers me home, I was expected to head straight to my house. I hardly ever did what I was supposed to do. Most of the time, I sat by the lake and searched for any familiar faces that might come bobbing up to the surface. This situation had not occurred for the past two years but I didn’t give up easily. Today, I knew for a fact that Mother dear would be home so I did not carry on with my regular procedures.

The large, eerie house I lived in gave most people the creeps. But not the Saffrons, we were used to unusual homes. I slammed the large, lion-shaped knocker against the door. I wondered who would answer the door. Definitely not Helena, she hated just looking at my face. I was her “biggest disappointment yet”. Well, I say it was her own fault that she raised a criminal. The ironic thing was that Helena hadn’t exactly been Little Miss Perfect when she was a kid either. The person who opened the door was my sister, Angel. Essentially, that was what she was. A perfect little angel with a perfect little smile, and perfect blonde hair, a report card with straight A’s, and an ass-kissing attitude that had any adult groveling at her feet in a matter of seconds. Our family contained three children. None of us had a clear record. My older brother, Harry, was arrested last month for stealing a car. My younger brother, Dan, had killed some kid’s pet parrot in the seventh grade. And as for me...well, I’d done a lot. That was why I didn’t consider Angel a part of us. She was just an extra blob of a fourth person, created to please Helena.

I pushed past my smiling fourteen year old sister and made my way up to my room. Harry called it “The Cave” because it was dark and secluded from the rest of the house. I adored that about it. My school bag flew to the corner as I pounced onto the bed. Time for a little Iron Maiden. The CD was already in the stereo so all I had to do was hit play. After forty-five minutes of heavy metal goodness, I was forced to stop by Helena shouting from downstairs. She doesn’t understand my music. She didn’t understand anything about me. Nobody ever did except for my dad. And he was...well...I didn’t like to think about it. He was never coming home, that was all I knew for sure.

My stomach growled for food. I left the Cave and stepped down the stairway to the bottom of hell. The kitchen was its usual messy self. I opened a cabinet at grabbed a bag of Cheetos. They were my favorite snack. I walked to the family room, ready to watch some television. Unfortunately, Helena was already hogging up the couch space. I perched on the arm of the white leather sofa. Not once did she glance at me or utter a single word.

At times, I wished for a normal mother. One who would ask me how my day was and nag me about school work. And one who would say she loved me no matter how screwed up I become. I guess in this case, I was to blame. If I was as saintly as Angel, Helena would probably be all over me. Maybe this path of crime wasn’t exactly the best choice in life. That was part of the reason I hadn’t done anything much recently. I went through sort of an early life crisis. Surprised you, didn’t I? Despite my tough girl act, I had a heart that got broken every once in a while. People couldn’t seem to comprehend that part of me. So I gave them what they wanted. Pure black.

My deep thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Helena did not stir from her place on the sofa. I stood up to go get it. I unlatched the door and opened it. I cocked my head at the boy who stood on the other side. What the fuck was he doing here?
Sign up to rate and review this story